Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Is it just me, or am I the only one who thinks the guns work a little oddly in PSO? I mean, in the real world, the power of the gun's projectiles has very little to do with the user's strength, unlike a sword or any other type of melee wep. The bullet, fired by either a sharpshooting muscleman, or a puny little kid, will still have the basic impact. Granted, the mucleman would have less trouble with the recoil of the bullet when the weapon is fired, but that wouldn't be revelant to the impact, baring the recoil throwing off aim a little. The damage caused would still be the same. In PSO, the user's base ATP is taken into account along with the gun's ATP for total damage (Along with boosters like Shifta, Zalure, and %s). Granted, given the lower ATP of the guns in this game, vurses say, the swords (And I don't mean the weapon type of swords, I mean all of the melee weps put togher, like Swords, Sabers, ect...) they would suck without the base ATP, espically in Ult., but it still makes me think how it could be vaguly possible outside of ST programming them to be that way. It just doesn't seem very realistic to me... ...and this is coming from someone who has a lv170 RAmarl and a lv151 RAmarl in the game. Unless I missed something basic about physics, it doesn't seem to make much sense in the physical sense. Just my random pondering...

I'm not even sure how the guns kill the enemies, because bullets are designed to destroy tissure (preferably organ tissue). But photons?

In a sense, my innocence is over

Its a game...

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2005-03-16 22:00, Xaos127 wrote:
    Its a game...
    A rather poorly thought out one, at that (when it comes to logic).

Phantasy Star Online.

In a sense, my innocence is over

I highly doubt ST had any intentions of being realistic when they created this game.
    Androids that can walk in water? And they breathe!!! Well actually looks more like they pant.
    I'm thinking the programmers at ST might of had a little too much to drink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xaos127 on 2005-03-16 22:21 ]</font>

Well you'd think ATA wouldn't apply to swords. Apparently larger Swords have less accuracy than sabers when due to their size and the size of the enemies, I'd think the enemies would have a much tougher time avoiding a Red Sword compared to a regular saber. Not to mention the fact that enemies have little mobility, most aren't capable of erratic movement.

Of the less mobile types you'd think Rappies would have the most EVP by far.

[Reborn Hero]

Like it was said before, THIS IS JUST A GAME. If it was meant to be anywhere close to realistic, they would have incorporated it into the game. Asking a question like this could be compared to asking, "why or even how is it logicaly and physically possibly for Mario to expell balls of fire at his enemies."

Don't get me wrong i'm not ragging on you MT7218, but unless the game incorporates the word SIMULATION there is no need to question the logistics of the games physics. So the question, in turn, would be moot*.

*Of no practical importance; irrelevant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arnot on 2005-03-17 00:09 ]</font>

As Frink said before:

Think of ATP not as muscle strength, but as your efficiency with a weapon.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...93753&forum=14

Anyways, some things to take into consideration...
    As ForceOfBrokenGlass pointed out, guns aren't the only weapons that are "misinterpreted"... not to mention that melee weapons cut straight THROUGH the enemies, technically instant killing them... it'd also be physically impossible to perform the exact same combo for a particular weapon each time you use it (and why would you want to, anyways?)

You get hit, you don't bleed all over the place. Healing magic or recovery items alone aren't true to life, you die, you get brought back to life at the hospital, not to mention things like scape dolls (especially since if the role of a scape doll is to "take the hit", you wouldn't feel the affects of the hit anyways).

Use of magical type techniques, glitches, duping, thousands of meseta taking the same amount of space as 2 meseta, yet you can max yourself out with how much you can carry, talking rappies, talking rappies wearing pumpkins and cloaks playing tricks on people, taking weapons and items gained in Episode 2 VR Stages and using them outside of the VR Stage, endless spawn of bosses over and over, player character not being possessed or driven crazy by Falz, GRINDING a PHOTON weapon, GRINDING a GUN, security fences in Episode 2 triggering off of players, but not off of monsters, materials (eh?), mags (eh?), monsters popping out of the ground, yet leaving no holes behind, yet also not appearing with any sort of dirt on them, no visible battle damage or scars taken from battling, either on monsters or player characters, no bonus damage or damage change done depending on where you hit the enemy (arm, leg, head), lots and lots of other shit.

In the end:
    1. Guns being affected by ATP is the least of your worries, from a physics standpoint.
    2. How is power affecting guns any different from almost any other RPG in existance? It's not just ST.
    3. It's a game in general. Tons of games have no real sense of physics. PSO isn't real life.