Just a quick brainstorm of things that I seem to have repeated a few times concerning the last bosses.

All three are considered Dark type Story Characters, so your advantages are great.

First of all, you should use DK Attack and DK Guard. This will allow you to do 1.5x damage with attacks, and block 100% of their attacks. Also, using Dark Slayer/Halfguard on items/creatures (if there are any creatures with Dark Slayer/Halfguard) will increase your chances of success. Using Seal might help out with Non-damaging special attacks that might come your way, such as reducing your MV to 1, or other wacky crap. Assists are another problem, so using Dice+1 or Rich will not only give you an advantage, but will easily overwrite any pesky assists set by one of the bosses.

Pollux:

You'll want to use Penetrate Guard. I'm not sure if penetrate Return works on Story Characters, but if it does then use it. SC Slayer weapons will greatly improve your chances of winning, dealing a lot of damage with AC combos. Cards like Durandal can cast techs, which are boosted by SC Slayer, and aren;t as easily blocked by Defense Cards. Since Pollux will eventually ignore your items, you should equip accordingly and not have to worry about them being destroyed. Twin Psychoguns are probably the top weapons of choice for half of the Hunters and Rangers, and Caduceus is definately what you'll be using with your Forces. Don't forget yout TP Defense, Pollux has 0 TP.

Castor:

Arkz have a tad bit more difficulty, but have the GREATEST advantage. Merlans will be your way to win. They're Dark creatures with High Cost Slayer, SC Slayer, and Hand Disrupter, witht he ability to cast techs (2 TP) and they have high AP (6). These 4 cost creatures will be your saviors, using DK Attack to deal 3x the damage. Heavy Fog will probably help a LOT with Castor, since she has uber range and will, more than likely, hit your SC with every attack. Guard Creatures might be helpfull, but it's a shame there are no Dark Guard Creatures. Panarms are the best GCs in the game, so pack 3 of those with decent defense cards and whittles her attacks to 3 and save yourself some damage.

Amplum Umbra:

Don't move anywhere. Get into its face and pound on it as fast as possible before it starts setting cards. If Flatland comes out, you're (pretty much) screwed. Quickly get a Rich in hand and keep it there incase of that assist. You should have High Cost Slayer, Native/A.Beast/Machine/Dark Slayer weapons for Hunters, and Guard Creatures for Arkz, and I feel that Arkz have the easiest time here because of Panarms. Quickly, but carefully, chop off as much damage as you can until it reaches near 10, then wail on Amplum with as many AC cards as possible, to skip the trigger for it's Healing ability. Remember Seal, it stops some of Amplums crazy AC cards. Punch Guard and Weakness will also counter Rampage, something to remember when you're playing as a Hunter.

Well, that's all I can muster for now. Add more info if you like.

EDIT: Fixed typo in title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-08-26 06:40 ]</font>

Six-tailed Chibi Kitsune :3

While confronting Amplum with Hunters, Weakness is very useful. It once got me an S on the final battle; AU never hit me.

You're right. Very usefull indeed, I'm shocked I forgot about it. Thank you.

PSU Machinema Producer

I use a very quick and usefull technique: DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MAGIC ATTAKCS???
    Look, just think about it, the bosses use mostly melee defending guards, they bearly use anything against magic (dodge but yeah only 2 def...). Today I defeated both Pollux and Amplum with Ino'lis using a simple and quick cane/magic deck, without adding gifoie (all the other basic spells were there). So you could say that associating both dark def/att cards and magic spells gives you the perfect deck, simple, don't you think?

Just for noitice against Umbla conserve an assist card such as dice+1 or bullet storm to cover over flatland if it comes out
    Random ragnus speed run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAWVpqMnI24
    Grove of Fanatics S2 run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDJ37FMA6k