Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was just wondering, I use a laptop with an nvida GeForce FX Go5200 gfx card. The requirements say that it accepts an nvida FX5200. Will my laptop be able to run pso bb? thanks.

Well, May 10th the beta comes out, maybe you can test it out then!

On 2005-04-28 16:39, Domon wrote:
    I was just wondering, I use a laptop with an nvida GeForce FX Go5200 gfx card. The requirements say that it accepts an nvida FX5200. Will my laptop be able to run pso bb? thanks.

Using common sense now, what do you think? Brand doesn't exactly effect it. Cards of the same power or greater will work.

I was just wondering because I wasn't sure if my card was good enough.

Well I use to have an FX5200 AGP, it ran the game in Matrix mode most of the time. So you can imagine how a laptop version of it would run the game.

On 2005-04-28 20:33, NickG wrote:
    Well I use to have an FX5200 AGP, it ran the game in Matrix mode most of the time. So you can imagine how a laptop version of it would run the game.
    Wait, WHAT? I thought that FX 5200 would run it on AVERAGE settings, not " Matrix Mode " Which I assume is a term for when they go into " Focus " ( Slow motion ). If so... then that sucks... Because I only have a FX 5500 and I want to to at least run in a normal setting. Dammit.
    You don't have to understand why; simply understand that's how I roll.

Well the FX5200 is considered to be the black sheep of the FX family. Can't confirm if the FX5500 will be any better, but I can tell you that the FX5200 equivilant to a Radeon 7000 for this game.

Basicly, you'll need to use Frame Skipping.

DAMMIT. I'll see if I can work around frame skipping. Dammit though, I don't want to have to do that. And I REALLY don't want to buy another video card...
    You don't have to understand why; simply understand that's how I roll.

On 2005-04-28 19:45, Domon wrote:
    I was just wondering because I wasn't sure if my card was good enough.
    Technically, there shouldn't be anything to worry about as the "Go" part (right before the 5200) is there to show it is a laptop version rather than the desktop version.

Technically, you should be fine. As long as you have that card or its equivalent and as long as you have enough video RAM to run it with.

*runs an ATI RADEON 9800 Pro at 128 MB*

I'm looking forward to taking part in PSOBB, but I need to get a graphics card for it. I'm not sure if my onboard graphics (as good as they are) could handle it at all.

Problem is, this was a custom built machine, so I'm having the guy that built it take a look so I know what card to get.