Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well I've heard people tell me that GameCube will be reciveing Final Fantasy games. However there is no facts that i've seen anywhere stating this. Now there alot of assholes here that will just say "it's coming" and not give back up details. I would like FF to come to the cube but i don't see it happening for 2 reasons.

1.) Sony owns nearly 40% of Squaresoft from what i'm told, and that they own most of the stock shares or some crap of them. Making Sony a big influence on only developing for them.
    2.) Squaresoft screwed over nintendo a while back taking FF7 from the n64 and moving it to the PSX when sony decided to develop the psx.

If anyone can give me some flat out legit reasons why it IS going to come to the cube i'd love to here em =) and give me some info on confirmation =)

Jonny 5 is alive !

Gameboy Adavnce games...there is your reason. Square wants in the huge market that the GBA has, but Nintendo supposedly will only let them into that market if only they make one or more Gamecube games...That is the deal that supposedly went down a couple of months ago.

I have heard about that somewhere.

Ill be whatever I wanna do

On 2002-07-28 22:02, X930 wrote:

2.) Squaresoft screwed over nintendo a while back taking FF7 from the n64 and moving it to the PSX when sony decided to develop the psx.

Where do these kids get their info nowadays? FF7 on the N64? Actually FF7 was being developed for Sega Saturn before they shipped to psx.

In EGM they said Square and Nintendo are friends again. YAY!
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

On 2002-07-28 22:27, LostHero wrote:
    On 2002-07-28 22:02, X930 wrote:

Where do these kids get their info nowadays? FF7 on the N64? Actually FF7 was being developed for Sega Saturn before they shipped to psx.
    PSM buddy. It states it. I know for a fact, i read it pal. =)

Ill be whatever I wanna do

Whatever, you can "read" it. But I was living in japan when that happened, I READ it shipping boat from sega saturn to PSX.

Other than that I am perplexed, N64 came out after psx and sega saturn (N64 launched in 1996)... Also FF7 launched in 1996. Nintendo at the time was out of its whole timeline at its rock bottom with the success of sony and sega, not to mention the huge delays of "Nintendo Ultra 64."

What confuses me is how Square could develop such a massive 2nd generation psx game for a system that was released at around the same time as the game. I think thats all I need to say, and trust me theres alot more to support my argument.

A Good Read >>>

Sony own 19% of Square, which they got real cheap after the FF film bombed so hard, and their stock price went down.

Nintendo have something called a Q fund, which is used help fund other third part developers in making games on Nintendo platforms (GBA/GC). I doubt the game will be a true FF title (like FFXII) because Sony wants them all for its PS2, and Square do listen to Sony. It'll probably be a side-story game. I've heard rumours it's based on the FF anime series.

Careless, ignorant, and insensitive

On 2002-07-28 22:33, Dangerous55 wrote:
    You,ugh, attually believe that? ^_^;

On 2002-07-29 07:17, Shadow_Blade wrote:
    On 2002-07-28 22:33, Dangerous55 wrote:
    You,ugh, attually believe that? ^_^;

I dont play any Square games, so I dont really care. Except Chrono's, and that will be for the PS2.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.