Yes, I'm getting owned by the computer on EP3. Try not to rub it in, okay?

Anyway, I am having major trouble with Morgue Raid (the 2nd battle) on the Arkz side. First of all, Reiz has a crappy deck and seems to like getting killed, so invariably she is dead before I can make a good enough dent in either Sil'fer or Relmitos; I wish she'd stop trying to be a Heroside character. >.<

I am using the usual Arkz strategy of loading up on enough low dice monsters to protect both my character and Reiz (she ends up goofing up that though with her over use of guard creatures) and my high cost killer (usually a Dark Belra, Nano Dragon or Chaos Sorcerer, depending on which deck.) I've got a bunch of defense cards and such, and some attack as well. Even with all the luck on my side, I cannot seem to beat them.

Any tips or suggestions on how to handle this level (and...while I'm at it, the 3rd one? ) Thanks.

EDIT: I should mention that my character is at only level 19 offline. Perhaps I need to level up a touch more. >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ochre on 2005-05-06 22:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ochre on 2005-05-07 08:07 ]</font>

Divine Guardian

Okay first of all let's get the laughing out of the way. AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA, Okay done. Actually I found that spamming creatures is always bad. AT least for me. Gets me nowhere. Well what I did was use higher level cards, supported by one or two weak monsters. Belras work decent with support by canadines or the like. Also Reiz was help to me but w/e. A dark deck is good. Use your belra and some ruin darknesses... May not help you but worked for me. Hope this helped somewhat.

Tried it 2 times since then...

The first time, Reiz decided to rush them with no monsters at all, despite my best attempts to shield her with rappies and such. >_<

Both of their (Relmitos and Sil'fer) decks are filled with def (especially anti-rampage and pierce) cards so it's hard to get hits on them, and having only one uber monster on the field is not fast enough. I've tried other ways, but it's not working well.

Blargh, just die already. -_-;

I beat all those fights by using a deck with three Crimson Assassins and as well as three Sinow Zeles for backup.

Loaded it up with Penetrates, HP attacks, dice+1, dice fevers, and lock on cards as well. (The Penetrates are only for the Sinow Zele, which I never had to use.. Also, if you activate Dice Fever, you'll have to make sure to set down a Dice+1 after it, unless you already have your monster out on the field. Otherwise, you'll fail to be able to call it because Crimson Assassin and Sinow Zele are 6 cost mobs.)

The fights were over before I knew it, really.

Just waited for one of them to get close enough for my Crimson Assassin to walk up and use HP attack + Lock On 2. Byebye, COM Heroside.

You may want to add guards and resists in just to shield your Crimson Assassin, but once the Hero stupidly gets close enough, Crimson Assassin will kill it in one turn.

If you have enough roll to attack with your Arkz in the same turn, use your Arkz to attack first because the COM will always activate their defensive manuever when they can. Once a particular COM has defended itself once in a turn, it won't defend again.

It's the cheap way to win against the COM knowing this. Do something extremely weak first then attack with your hardest attack right after.

I believe when fighting this battle I was using Ohgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rianna_Type1 on 2005-05-08 09:36 ]</font>

I was fighting with Ohgun as well. And yeah, that COM/defend trick is dirty and cheap but it gets the job done. Sega should have programmed the AI better, methinks.

Unfortunately, I don't have any Lock-on 2 cards (just a "1") or Penetrate cards (although I do have cards that penetrate and damage directly)

Also, I have no Crimson Assassins either. I guess it's time for me to do some tourneys to get cards and hope I run into one of them at some point.

Either way, thanks for the pointers.

Divine Guardian

look, that trick about a com defending once and never again is luck. Depending on how many cards they have in hand. Yes they will always defend first so do the weak attack but it does not mean they will not def your powerfull attack. they have defend up to three times per com on multiple occassions!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aero_Hawk on 2005-05-08 23:03 ]</font>

No, the COM only defending one time is fact. They'll never play more than one defensive card per NPC.

If you're fighting against 2 COMs it is possible when you attack the same NPC for the NPC to use one DEF card but then his or her partner to also defend them on the next attack during the same turn.

However, once both NPCs have played a defense card, they will NOT use another one, even if they have the points or the cards in hand.

(You can examine their hands while spectating tournaments if you don't believe me..)
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

C mode Force

Not everyone has cards like Crimson Assassin! At low level I used a weak machine deck to win. Putting down a reco box between you and Silfer slows her down, and also boosts Recons. Selecting 3 sinow beat cards means you can surround an enemy player at low cost and start whittling away at their items. Play a Mine Brightness card and watch the amount of damage you do shoot up. Defend with Machine Guard cards, and it doesnt matter how much damage Silfer does with 1 hit, it will still be blocked.

dont feel bad about not havin those cards, im level 25 and i dont have crimson assasin or penetrate...i have lock 2 and i guess its good but i dont use it. as for the help...well sorry to say but im stuck there too. im sure i could beat it if i tried but i dont like to try cuz those battles are WAY to long >.<

This is probably the hardest offline level in the game, since Reiz doesnt do anything and the other 2 are quite aggressive while having great defense ability. For me using 3 Poiullies(NOT Pofuilly which suck) and no other creatures did the trick, you can have 2 out at once. Since Silfer usually busts out soul barrier, your better off sending both after Relmitoss to even the playing field. Make sure the rest of your cards are action cards along with a few assists like Cave Winds. Make sure you have a punch(rampage) for Silfer after your done with Relmitoss.