Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Otherwise know as Hououza

Ok this seems to be very very bad news to me. The question is are there any DC servers left for the US if the ones mentioned close?

I hope they don't go that way with Europe because we got PSO ver.2 so much later and it really would be unfair if they just tok them all away just like that.

What I have heard is that the european servers close around christmas this year. but only a few U.S and Jap servers have closed not all of them. yet. the question is when and why?

The reason that the European servers haven't lost any ships is because we got V2 so damn late. I'd imagine within the same time frame the EU servers will have ships fired into the atmosphere. Don't be suprised if the servers are closed altogether before Christmas next year.

when sega starts to close european ships its the best prove that GCNpso will be released here in the near future - and that its really online from the start.
    (i wouldnt mind the lack of european ships, as long as i can go online and i heard one bad rumor about pso, online and europe/germany...)
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Angel of Destruction

That cant hapen i want to dc pso be playble till I die and after it should never shut down even if it reach 0 peeps on it!

I think that sega should consider the fact that some people may not move to the gc version as soon as they may think and keep servers running for those who are content with the dc version. I doubt everyone has fundages all like THAT!

i think sega'll likely force everyone to move towards the "next chapter" by closing the serverships one by one.

but maybe they'll be so kind and keep one server for each area (JP, US, EU) or at least one server for all... who knows.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

They're closing about 4 US ships and 1 JP one to use the room for GC PSO/ and eventually XBOX PSO from what I've read.
    Maybe it's a sign they will gradually close them all but like others, I hope not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2002-08-02 10:56 ]</font>

I'd say that you're going to see a gradual forced squeeze-play to make gamers move on to the new platforms. It makes sense and cents.

On 2002-07-30 03:57, SS_Death wrote:
    I hope they don't go that way with Europe because we got PSO ver.2 so much later and it really would be unfair if they just tok them all away just like that.
    Just remember that the Europeans got to play online FREE, which is already unfair, even tough they got it so late, so there's nothing really wrong with closing the European servers down so soon.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."