Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

My game was working fine earlier, now after the patch screen it doesnt load up the chracter select screen. Anyone else having the same problem?

If you go to the PSOBB site, and look at the tech support forum, there's a sticky there that says they know about and are working about it.

More quicker than GC PSO and hacking though, so they're probably trying as fast as they can.

It's like that for everyone .

On 2005-05-11 13:26, adamgnome104 wrote:
    If you go to the PSOBB site, and look at the tech support forum, there's a sticky there that says they know about and are working about it.
    Assuming you can even get to the forums....

When I try to visit, here is the message I get:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'sessions.MYI' (errno: 145)

INSERT INTO sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in) VALUES ('95fc3c04e9d4c138095f8bb95f6b4ca4', -1, 1115843304, 1115843304, '43154384', 0, 0)

Line : 158
    File : sessions.php

Apparently the servers have been overflowing. They're at their capacity for users logging on.

Also there have been talks about a nasty level bug.

I believe all of this is being addressed now, but some state you can get in if you keep purposely crashing out of the client with ALT+TAB or forced closing of the window, then trying to reconnect.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Weren't there like, 100,000 users for one of the other Beta PSO BBs? (Chinese or Japanese, I'm not sure.) I mean, I wish they were more prepared. >_<

The level bug is nasty. Makes you go DOWN levels, and some people exploited it to they can level up really quick.

X.x

They probably didn't expect this many people from the US or Europe to be as interested in BB as Japan or China was.

However, when you advertise this and post it on places like FilePlanet, it's definitely going to be hit up.

Not to mention you get lots of people who just want a new free game to play and that's exactly what they see the beta as. A "new free game to play".

They kind of forget what the word beta means, get pissed off, post rants, and all sorts of other bullshit when they can't log on or some sort of unexpected thing happens.

The point of a beta is to test out the game. You report any bugs you find and leave it at that.

You should never really expect anything to behave as it should in a beta.

If you want reliable service and are just looking to have fun, you may want to wait until the final version of the game.

Watasha I have played in tons of betas. WoWs, EQs, DAOCs, blah blah blah. Of all the betas I have seen this is BY FAR the most pathetic excuse of one. There is no excuse for this bad BETA by Sega.

The fact that only 500 peeps seems to bog down one lousy server means sega wasnt expecting anything too big anyways. Bad sega. BAD SEGA! Seems to me that the american version of this game is really just an afterthought. I love WoW and Dark Age of Camelot. Maybe Im use to being pampered a little by our american game companies. Oh well.

Ok, so here's the deal (i wrote this before, but on a different thread.. oh well...)

People have been exploiting a bug. If you create a certain team with a certain name, your user level would shot right up (i've been hearing reports from 150 to 190). Anyway, the game masters were told of this problem and the server was brought down to solve it.

Apparently, they're also going through user accounts to find out who leveled up by cheating and rolling those back. That is not confirmed, but somebody else said it on the official boards.

Another thing i picked up yesterday. Yesterday the server were also down, and so were the message board database (that's what that error message tells you. That the database is down).
    Funnily enough, when the Messagte Board database came back up, so did the server. Thus, this makes me believe that both the server and message board database are stored on the same server and that when the database goes down, means the machine is being restarted.

Anyway, that's the official scoop so far.

That's interesting. something tells me we might not get to keep our characters once subscription starts, unless, of course, they have started giving a rat's ass about the american players. Have they?

On 2005-05-11 14:05, Rain_1 wrote:
    People have been exploiting a bug. If you create a certain team with a certain name, your user level would shot right up (i've been hearing reports from 150 to 190). Anyway, the game masters were told of this problem and the server was brought down to solve it.

Apparently, they're also going through user accounts to find out who leveled up by cheating and rolling those back. That is not confirmed, but somebody else said it on the official boards.
    Now if that isn't some of the most bizarre shit I've heard in awhile, I'm not sure what is.

Wonder how that type of thing managed to make it into the beta, if it's true....