Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Since people are hungry for rare items at the moment, I thought I would put together a brief list of "decent" items that are currently obtainable in US BB Open Beta. This guide is broken down by items you can find from quests and random drops.

Quest Items:
    1. Heart of Poumn - Currently the most powerful obtainable item. Only usable by a HUnewearl though. Read my post in this topic on how to obtain it.

2. Akiko's Frying Pan - A Katana type weapon that has a TP recovering special. Go here to read about how to get it. Scroll down to the part about "Joining Weapon".

3. Soul Eater - - A useful scythe type weapon that all classes can equip. You see Kireek using this weapon. Go here to read here about how to get it.
    Note: That guide does not include the step where you have to talk to Sue in Unsealed Door. Remember to do that or you won't be able to get the Soul Eater!

4. Mag Cell of 502 - You can earn this mag cell from the Sunset Base quest on Hard Mode. To obtain it, use this guide. Read this guide for instructions on using it.

5. Maximum Attack AOL CUP Prizes -Saffran says the following rewards can be obtained from this quest:
    3 bronze badges -> 1 Silver Badge (trade them in by talking to the guy near the bank)
    3 Silver Badges -> 1 Gold badge
    3 Gold badges -> 1 Bronze Shield
    another 3 Gold Badges and Bronze Shield on you -> Silver Shield
    another 3 Gold badges and Silver Shield on you -> Gold Shield
    another 3 Gold badges and Gold Shield on you -> Photon drop

6. Fourth Level Basic Weapons - If you play the Rappy Lottery subgame in Rappy's Holiday, you can earn any weapon in the first level (Saber, Daggers, Handgun, etc...) to fourth level (Pallasch, Berdys, Edge, etc...) basic weapon category. These weapons will not have any percents, but they should be more powerful than almost any other basic weapon you can currently find. Since it can take quite a few tries to earn a weapon, I would recommend playing the Glowball game to earn points to play that mini-game.

Random Drops For Hard Mode:
    1. Musashi - A paired sword type weapon that is a 1/22 drop off Hard Mode Dragon for all Section IDs. This is a useful weapon for a HUnter-class characters.

2. Photon Launcher - A launcher type weapon usable by rangers. It is a 1/22 drop off Vol Opt.

3. Talis - A card type weapon usable by rangers. It is a 1/22 drop off Del Rol Le.

4. 9 star Rare Weapons - Most people will start finding the lower-end 9 star rare weapons in Hard Mode. These weapons include DB's Saber, Varista, Crush Bullet, Visk 235W, Brionac, Diska of Liberator, Flowen's Sword, Last Survivor, Blade Dance, etc...Given the frequency with which they drop, I would recommend trying to find one with hit percentage.

5. Enemy Body Parts - Starting with Hard Mode, a person has a reasonable chance of finding enemy body parts. If you come across an enemy body part, you can convert into a weapon. Read here about how to convert it.
    Note:Keep in mind that items such as "Booma's Right Arm" can drop on Normal, but it really isn't worth looking for them there since they are so rare. You will be able to find them on higher difficulties from the same enemies with much better odds.

6. Rare Enemy Drops - You can also start getting some relatively decent items in Hard Mode off of rare enemies. These items include Vjaya, Inferno Bazooka, Double Saber, Meteor Smash, H&S25 Justice, Photon Claw, and Wals MK2. To see a full list of what rare enemies can drop on Hard Mode, look at this guide (scroll down to the second page). Here are what I feel are the quests that offer the best odds for finding rare enemies at the moment:
    AI Rappy - Fake In Yellow
    Hildablue - Forest of Sorrow and Rappy Holiday
    Nar Lily - Maximum Attack and Addicting Food
    Pouilly Slime - Government Mission 3-2
    Note: Please keep in mind that piping no longer works on Blue Burst. Also, it seems the enemy rarity rate has been lowered for Blue Burst.

To see what else drops in Hard mode for a particular Section ID, look over this particular guide.

Random Drops For Normal Mode:
    1. S-Parts ver 2.01 - A useful shield for androids because it gives you 15 ata (the same amount as a God/Arm) and it has a low level equipment requirement. You can find these off Gilchics in Mines for certain IDs. I believe the droprate is about ~1/10000. 3-1 would be a good place to hunt this particular item.

2. Invisible Guard - A rare item that drops from Dark Gunners (the green gunners) in Ruins for most Section IDs. You can use this item later on in conjunction with a Magic Rock Heart Key(not obtainable yet) to make a Safety Heart. The drop rate is ~1/7500.

Random Drops For All Modes:
    1. Photon Drop - DO NOT SELL THESE! Photon Drops have no use yet, but there will be a quest released later on called "Gallon's Shop" where you will be able to trade these in for other rare items and add percentages/specials to weapons. These are a random drop. They can appear from boxes and enemies.

2. Add Slot - You can use Add Slots to add additional slots to an existing Armor/Frame. These mainly are drops from boxes. I would recommend saving these until you get a high level armor with good stats.

3. Materials - You use materials to raise the stats of your char. On BB, you can find HP, TP, Power, Mind, Evade, Def, and Luck materials. Each material will raise a particular stat by 2. These are limits on the number of mats you can use, so be careful about just eating whatever you find! You will need to consume a careful diet of materials to "max stat" your character when he/she reaches level 200. The limit for HP/TP mats for all characters is 125 (ie you can use up to 125 HP and 125 TP mats). For all other mats, the limit is 250 for HUman characters and 150 for Androids/Newmans. For example, if you are a human, you can only eat a combination of 250 Power, Def, Mind, Evade, and Luck materials. Materials are random drops from boxes and enemies. For more information about "max stating," read this guide.

4. Colored Barriers - Colored Barriers can be combined with certain "Amplifiers" to create merges. These merges will power up the damage/range of a specific spell. Read this guide for more information about merges.

5. Grinders - You can use grinders on weapons to increase the amount of damage they do. Each weapon has its own grinder limit. I would recommend saving these up until you get a weapon with good percentages.

6. Meseta - Save up your meseta! One of the first things a new character needs to do is raise a mag. You do this by feeding it items. Unfortunately, this requires a lot of meseta! Varying amounts of meseta will appear when you destroy boxes and kill enemies. Generally the farther you are into the game, the greater the meseta amount will be for a particular drop. You can read more about mag raising here.

7. A Good 4 slot Armor/Frame - Having an armor with slots allows you equip auxillary items that enhances your character's statistics. The maximum number of slots an frame/armor can have is four. However, finding a frame/armor with four slots can be very difficult.

To see what else drops in Normal mode for a particular Section ID, look over this particular guide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-05-21 15:18 ]</font>

Old Man

Nice guide thus far.

I'm hoping to research the new items available later in the full BB to update my own project. I've been exchanging ideas with a few folks on that guide.

Thus far I've gotten pd'd twice by Gilchics, picked up an Angel Mind from a Nar Lily, created a Barta Merge from a Blue Barrier and and Barta Amplifier, found a pretty decent buster in ruins and grinded it up for a damn nice early weapon, and have been enjoying the hell out of this beta.

Took me 27 levels, but I finally got a three-slot Soul Frame this morning for my two General Powers and one Knight Power++. I need to do something about this stupid Kama mag though - gonna work on getting a rare at level 100 - we'll see. Have to pick up some new mags for Sato/Rati breeding.

No hune so I think I'll stick with the buster for a while.

Hope to catch you online Ryna.

Akiko's Frying Pan special steals TP, not HP, unless thay changed this >_>

The drop rate for S-Parts v2.01 is 1/10000ish.

I really suggest hunting (or looking out for one at the shop) weapons with Shadow special attack on unreduced weapon types (mainly handgun and rifle), it's really useful.

The ATP requirement for HoP is 850 ATP >_>

On 2005-05-17 09:09, Kef wrote:
    Akiko's Frying Pan special steals TP, not HP, unless thay changed this >_>
    The description says it has Gush. Also, I saw an android teammate using the special on a Pan-Arms and it was stealing HP....

Old Man

OMG - a hack already!

just kidding

I did get some shadow knives with 35% dark this morning, but no hit. The buster is still better.

I've found mostly force weapons with hit%, but nothing that I can use yet. Has anyone found a hit% weapon in the SHOP yet? I haven't seen one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-05-17 09:46 ]</font>

On 2005-05-17 09:22, Sitka wrote:
    I've found mostly force weapons with hit%, but nothing that I can use yet. Has anyone found a hit% weapon in the bank yet? I haven't seen one.
    In the bank? I think one is supposed to put weapons there...

Anyways, I've found a few hit % weapons. My best find so far is a set of 35% hit Mechguns.

30 hit lockgun after tek
    25 hit lockgun
    10 hit handgun
    5 hit partisan

Maybe more, but I forgot. I still have a staff somewhere that I have yet to tek, it has good % but I don't remember if it has hit or not.

[edit]Wait, did you actually mean in the shop? No, I have yet to see weapon with hit % in the shop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Notos on 2005-05-17 09:28 ]</font>

[edit]Wait, did you actually mean in the shop? No, I have yet to see weapon with hit % in the shop.
    I've found weapons with hit % in the shop. The best I've seen so far is a 25% hit TP-stealing Autogun.

The best I've seen so far is a 25% hit TP-stealing Autogun.
    (Drools) What level were you when you saw it? Thanks.

On 2005-05-17 09:37, Notos wrote:
    The best I've seen so far is a 25% hit TP-stealing Autogun.
    (Drools) What level were you when you saw it? Thanks.
    I think I was level 28 when that showed up in the shop. I also remember seeing a 20% hit TP-Stealing Slicer yesterday.

The Section ID for my character is Yellowboze.