Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2005-06-02 16:58, Tingle wrote:
    FMA, has...like alot of seriously ridiculious plots, and cliff hanging.

It was also very super dramatic, and also did things that pissed off people, obviously in example... Ep.# when the Chimera is made, and ep 25.

It drove me crazy watching the series, but, all in all it was pretty good.
    I've watched various episodes, and FMA joins the list of shows that I love/hate.

There was only one character that made any sense whatsoever, and he got offed. Yay!

I Dream Of Sleep

I really, really enjoyed FMA when I watched it last year. It reminded me of Trigun, where some of it could be silly, then deadly serious.

Ed was an ass at times, but he had been thrown into a situation where he had to grow up and mature pretty quickly. He also had the guilt of what he did to carry around with him, which cant be easy on a guy. Loved how Al could still be so naive, yet looked like a massive warrior, was a nice touch suggesting how appearences can be deceiving.

I havent seen the dub yet, Ive been out everyday of the last two weeks trying to find a store thats stocked it, but have had no luck. I hear its a very good dub, but I can see the hate wagon jumping on it if it becomes popular (DBZ/Evangelion/Gundam Wing syndrome).

Speaking of the hate wagon... I hear Toonami just got Naruto... Not Adult Swim... Toonami... <.< Bahaha! Watch the fans turn their backs! I really find it quite delightful! (note, I am not bashing Naruto)

Toonami is still around,where?

Err i didnt watched that many episodes of FMA. I watched about 10 episodes, i think , and of some of those 10 viewings i didn't watch em bak to bak so i was lost a lot. The last episodes i saw was whenever the armor guy starts pmsing when the full metal alchemist(i am very sorry, don't remember anyones name)is in the hospital because he didn't want to kill all these guys in a bubble and he gets shocked to death with some power and starts going crazy on everyone.

Umm when i watched the first 4 episodes i loved it a lot but then i just got bored of it because it kept getting so sad.

But anyways even though i barely know anything besides the basic plot i still liked it but everytime i turned to it to watch it it was always major drama.

Is it me or does every time an episode starts up, the armor dude always got to open it up with the basic rule of alchemy(to recieve you got to give somethin of equal value and then he'll say "that was our only hope then") everytime i got bored and turned to it i'll always hear him say those lines. Maybe i just kept seeing the same episodes.

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

I really didn't like the beginning of the series too much but do to me being bored as hell I watched through the whole thing. After about episode 25ish the series got a whole lot better. Every character seemed to grow up and the action also kicked in (I am a sucker for action). Also plot twists galore were thrown in.

But yes I would have skipped numorous episodes in the beginning such as "The Phantom Thief" and That one where they visit the auto-mail town (I know it isn't the beginning but I just hated this episode with a passion).

Some of the episodes before 25 could not exist and the show would be fine.

You just need to like pay attention with this show, heaven forbid focus on a cartoon?!

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

For now us "less fortunate" people without links to free exposure to the "hip" anime culture will have to wait until AS gets the rest of the episodes... I'm hoping it picks up again... I have an imported fan magazine written in Japanese that covers the last few episodes of the show that I've been waiting to try to read...

I Dream Of Sleep

On 2005-06-02 20:14, Tingle wrote:
    Some of the episodes before 25 could not exist and the show would be fine.
    Very true. I notice that with a lot of anime series, there will just be episodes that can be wiped from the series and the flow wouldnt be destroyed. Im guessing these episodes are a side effect of having to release so many episodes to fill the qouta they have been given.

I bought the game for my PS2 awhile ago. Havn't played it much yet [i've been playing Star Ocean and DBZ Budokai 3 for awhile]. I noticed on the game, that the voices seem to be crudely recorded. I dunno, could just be me x.x

Blame the game for such instances. Cheaply done games, cheap recordings. English Dub though is OK at the least, The only beyond decent voice is Al's, they're about identical on both sub and dub. (Minus language of course.)

Ed on the other hand, had a female vocal in Sub, English a man trying to sound a kid.. Eh

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."