Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Robotic Madman

Go Huges!

I Dream Of Sleep

On 2005-06-12 11:01, SubstanceD wrote:
    I collect Newtype Magazine and they hype up Full Metal Alchemist to the point were I thought it was going to be the 2nd coming of Christ, I guess that's why I started buying the DVD's ( I don't live in the US so I don't have acces to the Anime Network so I have only seen the 1st 8 episodes ). I like what I see, it's a good show ( it has the potential to be a great show ) but right now I am more impressed by shows like Chrono Crusade, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Stellvia.
    Newtype went nuts over FMA, and reading the original Japanese Previews is what got me into it. Too bad they're just retreading the same articles for the american release, as I woould like to read more then "LOL! Hughes loves his daughter!!!" in every article they write on it.

I don't know why you guys don't like FMA. I LOVE THAT SHOW. I watch that show because it's funny.
    "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ~Assassins

I think the super dramatic plot is what drew me to FMA. I think the first few episodes I saw showed how they became what they are.
    Their mother dies, so they use alchemy to bring her back to life. the circle takes what it wants from their bodies to create a soul-less incarnation of their mother. I think I was hooked then.
    I guess it kinda surprised me since the seires was a little darker than I had expected it to be.

I think its a great series, as far as anime goes. The main thing that kills me about it and alot of other animes, is that it always tries to super explain things and their always trying to find out the meaning of life.

I guess thats why I liked DBZ so mutch, they don't super explain alot, unless your talking about a fight. I've never seen a seiries were it took 3 episodes to punch a guy, cause first you have to name the punch, then tell your opponent what the name means and what the punch does. Then power up, do a little dance, make a little love, hit the guy, gather the dragon balls and then have flash backs of your previous fight.

Also with Natoru(sp), I saw a music video of it on the internet and I've been looking for it for 3 years and I just found out what the name was. So I'll definately be looking for it.

I must say this now do... after watching the ending... i gotta say

*scratches head* WTF?

I Dream Of Sleep

The ending leads onto the movie, that is out the end of this month in Japan. Looks very shiny, and will hopefully finish things up. Theres a few dangling plot threads that need to be sorted out, and hopefully that will be done in a dramatic fashion.