I have recently hear about the two different versions of PSO and found out that mine was 1.1. I would like to know if there is a difference between the two versions and if so what. Is there something i am getting that the other version isn't? Or is it just the corrections of a few worked out bugs?

On 2005-06-20 11:55, blink41 wrote:
    I have recently hear about the two different versions of PSO and found out that mine was 1.1. I would like to know if there is a difference between the two versions and if so what. Is there something i am getting that the other version isn't? Or is it just the corrections of a few worked out bugs?
    I'm going to assuming you are talking about v1.0 and 1.1 for the Gamecube.

v1.0 is the version of the game that was released in Japan when Episode1&2 first came out. Unfortunately, there was a glitch in it that allowed people to dupe very easily, so Sonic Team recalled the game. Sonic Team then issued a new version (V1.1) that fixed the duping glitch and setup new V1.1 servers.

When JP players made the switch from V1.0 to V1.1, they lost all of their items. However, they were able to play an online "reward" quest that gave a few items such as a Jack O'Lantern.

The V1.0 servers remained up for a little while, but were eventually taken down.

While all of that was going on, V1.1 was released in the United States. However, another duping glitch was soon discovered and Sonic Team decided it was not worth it financially to recall the game again.

There were actually three releases of the US game.

v1.0, v1.1, and v1.2 (Plus)

Ryna's talking about the differences between the JP v1.0 and v1.1, but I'm not sure of the differences between US v1.0 and US v1.1 ...

v1.1 US version was released quietly without any sort of announcement. If there was an announcement for v1.1 US, I missed it.

Those who bought PSO Gamecube when it first came out got v1.0, those who bought it a little bit after most likely have v1.1

You can check the underside of your disc to find out what version you have by the serial #.

If it reads DOL-GPOE-0-01, you've got 1.1 US.
    If it reads DOL-GPOE-0-00, you've got 1.0 US.

Again, don't know the differences. But there was no sort of conversion or loss of items for us.

I have v1.0 and v1.2, all three US versions can be played with the same save file as well as online.

I'm assuming v1.1 fixed some minor crash bugs and maybe a dupe bug.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-06-20 14:07 ]</font>
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

US V1.1 has better network code - specifically, it's better for people who use PPPoE.

You know, I do remember reading something about that. You're probably right.

v1.0 had random freezing for PPPoE users. I've actually gotten rare freezing on v1.0 myself, I remember once freezing while fighting De Rol. Funny stuff.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

thanks for your answers but i have also read up on it and there is another post in here that says v1.0 is blue and white and v1.1 is green and white. Mine is blue and white but the number on the bottom is 0-01 which means its v1.1.

And eleven years later, a new reply was posted.

So, does this mean that Ver1.0 and Ver1.1 had seperate servers?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

For JP V1.0 and V1.1, yes, but for the other regions, no, because V1.0 in the other regions is actually V1.1JP.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Another bump....

I was wondering if v1.1 had a different case/sleeve than 1.0? Did people even send the case back to Sega when exchanging their disc?

Also, any further information on the disc colour would be appreciated- were all copies of v1.1 green?

Thank you