Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

i tried playing online but all these confusing questions came up and i don't know what to do NEED HELP

On 2005-06-20 07:58, bigbang- wrote:
    i tried playing online but all these confusing questions came up and i don't know what to do NEED HELP
    We need more information before we can help you. So....

What kind of Internet connection do you have? Broadband or dialup?

Who is your Internet Service Provider?

Do you have the appropriate adapter for your Gamecube? You'll need a broadband adpater for broadband and modem for dialup.

well i've got everything now but my DNS i got cable(comcast) i have got IP and my mask and gateway thing but it say i need a DNS and i don't know what mine is how do i find out

On 2005-06-20 09:12, bigbang- wrote:
    well i've got everything now but my DNS i got cable(comcast) i have got IP and my mask and gateway thing but it say i need a DNS and i don't know what mine is how do i find out
    On the GC Network setup screens, there will be a place where you can manually set your DNS or let it automatically get it for you. Choose "automatic" and let us know how things work out.

k, hold on let me try

k when i do it it'll load up online then it'l say no.102 could not connect to dns server

i just need to know how to find my DNS and i am good, do you know how

got to go to a school thing Ill post more in a bit
    try to help me though please do you know how to find out what your DNS server is that is what i need to know

On 2005-06-20 09:23, bigbang- wrote:
    i just need to know how to find my DNS and i am good, do you know how
    If you are running Windows XP or 2000, go to Start->Run. Type in "cmd" (minus the quotes) and click OK. Type "ipconfig /all" (minus the quotes) and press Enter. All of your IP information will be displayed. Find the field that says "DNS Servers". Copy down the IP address you find in that field. Now set the DNS information on your GC to manual and enter that IP address.

Also, keep in mind that people have been getting 102 errors lately when their setups were perfectly fine. What happens if you leave it on "auto" and try connecting to the webpage through your GC?

i did that earlier not thinking DNS would be on there thank you, do you play online GC