Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

One) Have there been any official ones since about a year ago with the last 24 hour run? I haven't seen any news on it at all... Tournaments were about the only time I'd actually get off my butt and play (97% completion, and I wasn't about to kep grinding for near impossible to get cards)

Two) I've read a few threads regarding Player Boss characters. Is this a common thing in normal tournaments now? And are they actually beatable, or do they generally have infinite life/etc?

/me wonders about the validity of bumping a 2 month old FORUM

On 2005-06-26 01:48, Arislan wrote:
    One) Have there been any official ones since about a year ago with the last 24 hour run? I haven't seen any news on it at all... Tournaments were about the only time I'd actually get off my butt and play (97% completion, and I wasn't about to kep grinding for near impossible to get cards)
    You haven't seen any tournaments on the front page since there haven't been any!

There has not been a tournament since the F1 Gran Prix. That was held a little over one year ago.

There have been some player-organized tournaments, but it just isn't the same.

The only newsworthy events within the last year are as follows:

Card revolutions in August, December, and April
    1 year anniversary High-Cost/Low-Cost Festival in November (Lots of rare cards had their rarity lowered during that time)
    Release of SS Rank+ cards in April
    Miscellanious map/music additions

As for grinding to get cards, it is fairly easy to get 99%+ at the moment.

All of the cards have been released and there are only a few that are card auction exclusive.

Two) I've read a few threads regarding Player Boss characters. Is this a common thing in normal tournaments now? And are they actually beatable, or do they generally have infinite life/etc?
    I can't say I've ever seen any player boss characters, so it probably isn't that common.

I imagine it is just a few cheaters trying to get some easy wins.

/me wonders about the validity of bumping a 2 month old FORUM
    As long as it is a new thread asking valid questions, I don't see what the problem would be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-06-26 13:16 ]</font>

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

F1 Gran Prix was the last tourney? Heh, that's where Arislan got corrupted... Had to run the prelims with a character that only had 50 something completion instead of the Sinow deck Jondoe and I had running.

On 2005-06-28 02:04, Arislan wrote:
    F1 Gran Prix was the last tourney?
    Yes, it was the last tournament. That was the first and only tournament in which US/EU players could participate.

That tournament didn't go too well because most US/EU players didn't think were eligble because they still had their normal card ranks on the first day. Sonic Team fixed that on the second day to reflect region ranks for the F1 Gran Prix. Unfortunately, no US/EU player at that point had a prayer of catching the leaders.

So, I guess it seems that Sonic Team has dropped Episode 3?

/hopes for Episode 3 BB relelase

On 2005-07-04 23:40, Getintothegame wrote:
    So, I guess it seems that Sonic Team has dropped Episode 3?
    Sonic Team hasn't totally stopped supporting it. They at least remembered to add the wedding music last month...