Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First off, a quick back story.

About a month after I moved here, I met a girl at my church. I didn't give much thought to her until a few months ago. We started talking on the phone/online/whenever we saw eachother.

Found out that we had loads in common, but just as many differences, which, we're happily working out.

I thought it'd be ok if I invited her to come over and watch a movie.

Well, I made her laugh and got a wiff of bad breath. I figured she had eaten without getting a chance to brush before she came over. (We had her come over like at 6:30 p.m.)

So I invite her over again and again. Both times she had bad breath. Though I noticed, she has really white teeth. But her tounge isn't that nifty red. =/ So I'm guessing she doesn't brush it.

My thoughts were confirmed last night, when I took her to see a movie for her birthday.

The thing is, I want to talk to her about her bad breath. Remind her she should brush her tounge and the roof of her mouth. (Usually the places that cause bad breath.)

But I'm worried that I might offend her or how I'd go about telling her.

"Hey, you got bad breath, go brush your tounge." Just doesn't seem to work. =/

Any help on what to do/how to do it would be appreciated.

Ermm...thats really tough. Maybe, if yall kiss, you should pop a tic tac in her mouth but then that might piss her off with "What! Your trying to be funny!?"

I would just gently, in my most kindest way, tell it to her. Smile when you say it and look at her real passionately.

Edit: errmm....Not passionately but in a caring yet kind way

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-07-09 07:14 ]</font>

[Insert Insult Here]

Ouch, that sounds rough... I've been forced to tell some of my friends that they arent ugly at times because they dont like themselves, so they end up hating how they look. Its like a chain reaction, but the one whos going through it doesnt realize it. Its kinda sad.

But, it sounds like a sticky situation. Maybe a: "I really want to talk to you about something" sort of thing might work?

On 2005-07-09 09:07, HUcastShinobi wrote:
    Ouch, that sounds rough... I've been forced to tell some of my friends that they arent ugly at times because they dont like themselves, so they end up hating how they look. Its like a chain reaction, but the one whos going through it doesnt realize it. Its kinda sad.

But, it sounds like a sticky situation. Maybe a: "I really want to talk to you about something" sort of thing might work?
    Confused are we Nya.
    Toh has to tell someone that there IS something wrong, not that Toh has to stop someone from feeling as such.

And in for your case Toh, as nicely as possible could do the trick. Sadly, it depends on the girl as well, (is she defensive?) they'll take it, or be offended.

How the ol cookie crubmles.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

I wouldn't say anything. Bad breath comes and goes. You've just been unlucky enough to notice it at the times it was there.

Perhaps if you didn't position yourself so closely to her face you'd be fine?

Saying anything about it would be remarkably stupid if you want to keep her as a friend with perhaps more status.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-07-09 12:06 ]</font>

^lol I like that idea... Hmm... I'm sure... If you tried... You could fish up an episode of a sitcom or a comedian or something with this topic... Then kinda... put it on in the background... And then she'll watch it and think "hey? Does my breath stink cuz I don't brush my tongue?"... Or... Perhaps... She might not even notice! =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-07-09 13:44 ]</font>

present her spearmint chewinggum whenever you two meet.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

On 2005-07-09 14:18, rena-ko wrote:
    I like Rena's idea. Most people (I think) usually accept gum of some sort when it's offered to them. Well, all my friends do anyway .

Ninja Master

On 2005-07-09 15:49, Jive18 wrote:
    On 2005-07-09 14:18, rena-ko wrote:
    I like Rena's idea. Most people (I think) usually accept gum of some sort when it's offered to them. Well, all my friends do anyway .
    She/he/it also took the words out of my mouth. I say either Big Red or Dentyne Ice.