Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Since there are often questions about whether certain cheats affect drop rates, here's a little guide as to what affects cheating, and how.

Things that Affect Drop Rates
    Stacked Items (PSO Plus/XBox)
    Mags above level 200 (PSO Plus/XBox)
    Using a cheat disk (DC V2)

Offline Cheating
    If you use any of the above cheating methods, Red Boxes will simply stop dropping. Not that you have to be using the versions listed above for this to occur. There is also evidence that drop rates are not set to 0 on XBox, but very very low instead.

Online Cheating
    Any of the above methods will cause rares to stop dropping, *if* the user of these codes is running those versions and is the leader of the created game. If a stacker/magger is in the game, and you, the leader, are not using such items, rares will still drop.

Use a Hacked Mag? Stack?
    The bank removes these drop rate penalties. Bank your Mag or stacks, and POWER OFF your system. Turn it back on, and as long as these items stay in the bank, drop rates will not be affected. So, you unlegits out there, 1231 Mags and Stacks can still e used for fast training and mag raising.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-06-08 13:33 ]</font>

Also, hacked & duped items: weapons, mags, units, equipments, etc., do not affect drop rates.

Things that Affect Drop Rates
    Stacked Items (PSO Plus/XBox)
    Mags above level 200 (PSO Plus/XBox)
    Just to stress on this, "Stacked items" and "Lv200+ mags" DO affect drop rates in ALL versions. That includes GC ver. 1.0, 1.1 & Plus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-11-22 20:20 ]</font>
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

On 2005-07-22 07:32, Dhylec wrote:
    also, hacked & duped items: weapons, mags, units, equipments, etc., do not affect drop rates
    ..as long as they do not exceed the given stats mentioned above

what if I drop my stacked items (eg 53 trimates) in the forest and then power off? do I still get to find rares when I turn back on?

first off, sorry about double posting.

edit to first: all stackables were dropped together eg 53 at one time

If you have money in the bank gained from duping and then selling, do you have to get rid of that too?

On 2005-09-27 16:03, Derek0660 wrote:
    On 2005-07-22 07:32, Dhylec wrote:
    also, hacked & duped items: weapons, mags, units, equipments, etc., do not affect drop rates
    ..as long as they do not exceed the given stats mentioned above

what if I drop my stacked items (eg 53 trimates) in the forest and then power off? do I still get to find rares when I turn back on?
    Yes, you will then find rares.

On 2005-09-27 16:35, Derek0660 wrote:
    first off, sorry about double posting.

edit to first: all stackables were dropped together eg 53 at one time

If you have money in the bank gained from duping and then selling, do you have to get rid of that too?
    No.

just some guy that plays P.S.O.

so if i understand correctly, if i deposit my items in my bank than turn off the power in my gc without saving when i go back to my bank all my items should still be there

On 2005-09-27 20:18, Phazer wrote:
    so if i understand correctly, if i deposit my items in my bank than turn off the power in my gc without saving when i go back to my bank all my items should still be there
    Deposit items, Save game, then power off the GC.

i did 75 las in forest, hard and i didnt ghet anything, ty for letting me know to power down my system!!

Slayer of Ugly Things

I hope you're not being sarcastic because it was stated that you had to power down the GC/XBOX to have rares drop. And this is good news for those who "bend the rules." Although I almost wish it didn't work quite so well. Maybe hacking would go down then.

I have a friend that uses some kind of duping method, is he ,missin out on rares? (I don't hafta worry either way cuz I don't use it