Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A rather small update... The character page was updated today on the official JP site... It looks like they added the newman Mirei (who wasn't listed on that site before) and a completely new character know as Lou... And it appears shes a droid! o.o Although she doesn't look like one... But that's about all I can read... Too much kanji... Anyway, go check it out...

http://phantasystaruniverse.com

Cute! no?

I still say that Mirei looks like a "messed"-up cross between Yuna, a HUnewearl and a FOnewearl.

But eh. Horrible character design for female characters is par for the course these days, see every female character class in PSO except HUcaseal and FOmarl. >_> Then again, Newman females have always seemed to be allergic to clothing. XP

At least I can be amused by the fact that she seems to have a purple leotard underneath her non-dress to go with her purple hair. Oh look, Rolf bought Nei some new clothes finally. XP

Also, why the "heck" is literally half the cast 17? O_o;;; There ARE other ages, ST. XP 15, 16, 18, 22, 1, good old ??, etc...

EDIT: Post edited for profanity

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-08-13 15:40 ]</font>

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

yes, lou is a cast. and looks to me like a gunner.

lol I find the char design just fine She looks really pretty
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

The 17 years old part is a japanese thing, if you check most Japanese created RPGs the main character is always around 17 years of age (sometimes younger, very rarely older, and when the main character is older it's rarely over 20).

If you check info on Rogue Galaxy (by Level 5), you'll notice that the main hero, Jester Rogue (and part of the crew that acompanies him), is also 17 years old.
    http://www.the-magicbox.com/0508/game050810c.shtml
    A link about Rogue Galaxy for the curious ones and even the ones who want to confirm what I said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-08-12 21:25 ]</font>

The main character, sure, but not the entire freaking cast. XD

It wouldn't be so bad if they were an assortment of teenage ages, but it's just creepy that they're ALL 17. >_> One character going through the whole angsty teenager growing up over the course of the game thing is more than enough. XP

Though, I wonder about the growth rate and lifespan and such of PSU Newmans if Karen is supposedly training Ethan and she's ALSO 17.

And I wouldn't mind Mirei's design so much if she wasn't pulling the whole 'let's rip off half the RPG characters in existance' thing. XP

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

well isn't that beastman dude like 20+? I could be wrong but I could've swore he was riding a hovercraft with what I assume is his son in the trailer... and that cast (renvault I think his name was) looks like he'll be over the 17 mark.

We've got the characters covered in our PSU Information Page.

Leogini is a beast, he is 31. It may not be out of the question that it was his son, seeing that he is definatley old enough to have kids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-08-13 01:26 ]</font>

Interesting.

In regards to Lou, does this mean that the Casts will now look more human.

On 2005-08-12 23:40, Ian-KunX wrote:
    And I wouldn't mind Mirei's design so much if she wasn't pulling the whole 'let's rip off half the RPG characters in existance' thing. XP
    Because she uses a "modified" kimono? >_> cause the hair is long and colorful? >_> It's a japanese game, expect stuff from that culture in the game Kimonos are tradition there so I guess all the women copied from Yuna :/ And the long silky hair I mean, why not curly and short? Just like them... [sarcasm] lol I don't mean to offend honestly, just that I find it silly to critisize it for having features that are typical in the culture. It's like saying "Why do so many games in the US involve war and terrorism?" It goes with the country's culture, great example wasn't it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2005-08-13 08:13 ]</font>
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.