Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

...on the Front Page! XP

One thing I must say:

No Dual-Wielding!? ;_; I assume Mechguns are out of the picoture then.

Here it is.

I really think that this isn't the greatest thing PSU has to offer, but hey, the good does outweigh the bad.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Funny...

That hunter on the left doesn't seem to have much of a problem with holding a saber in his left hand. Not to mention video footage of characters single or dual wielding daggers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2005-08-14 22:15 ]</font>

But notice that the character we'll most likely be playing (Ethan) is following these rules?

Or, perhaps, some weapons can be duel wielded?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-08-14 22:24 ]</font>

The goods definately outweight the bads, I'm so getting PSU.

Consider that maybe we're not being told everything; remember that in movies we clearly see swords being used and having no gun in the off-hand, clearly indicating it's a two handed weapon.

Same for the Rods; in movies we ALWAYS see them without a gun being held by the off-hand, although I'd expect Canes to allow this since they're one handed weapons.

In some movies we also see rifle types being held by both hands, so I'm sure some combinations are obviously not possible, like using a double saber with handguns (many movies show that double sabers are two handed).

Also, that shot Parn showed of the NPC holding two sabers indicates it's probably likely that some weapons allow for dual wielding (or some weapons from a certain class do at least), like Daggers too for example (there are even some movies and shots showing a single dagger being held by one hand while the off-hand is holding a handgun).

Somehow, and this is purely my opinion, I see the fact Force weapons being the only ones that allow technique usage as a good thing; I mean, aside from the Psycho Wand and others which cut TP usage or boost specific techs, what's the use of the majority of the Force weapons for actual combat?
    Exactly my point, this way they have an actual use and reason to be in the game, unlike 85% of the PSO Force weapons.

I hope Sonic Team doesn't do something stupid like that.

techn0rganic

Awesome, I really want to use a red and blue saber combination!

And that article must be wrong, because if it was right, we'd have no mechguns, no dual swords, no double daggers, etc. Plus you've seen teh vids for teh large swords, it takes 2 hands for those, I assume shotguns/partisan/etc will be 2 handed as well.

^ Oh man, how could you do "teh" twice!?

Not to stray off the topic much, but I do hope for variations on the weapons. How about an actual single/dual-barrelphoton Shotgun? XD

Actually, it came to me, maybe Daggers by nature go for both hands, but if you decide to equip a handgun it automaticly takes the off-hand dagger so that it can hold the handgun, forcing you to be in a "new single dagger" style when that occurs.

It's likely that Mechguns follow the same rule, if you equip a mechgun, you'll automaticly dual-wield it (unless they include new types of mechguns which are single handed as well).

If that's the case, then it's possible that dual wielding sabers depends on certain sabers already having that "dual wield" capability, much like PSO.

But hey, this is just speculation from my part, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I don't exactly believe that information is exactly what we should expect... It's so contradictory of things we've seen already (granted, some of those aspects could have been changed)... Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember seeing Ethan using a partisan to cast foie... And then of course the whole dual wielding sabers, daggers, etc... I deffinitely don't think that left hand is reserved for guns though... That just seems silly... I don't know... I need more information... I just feel like were missing something important still...

At any rate... I'm expecting further developments about these issues soon... At the very least it will probably be covered on the JP site when it updates this friday...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-08-14 23:28 ]</font>