Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cure/Freeze

yeah, i'm well aware.

i only brought it up as a comparison, since they are much rarer in the caves.

since the topic started mentioned he is looking for migium in vh spaceships, i thought i'd mention that i searched for moola with pinkal - basically the same scenario/droprate/monster as him, only different items.

and theres rooms in spaceship that dont drop at all. theyre usually the last 2 rooms before the boss and theres a couple others. the only "drops" in those rooms are the boxes.

Or.

Don't freak out about getting a Cure/Freeze, since they do shit anyway, other then curing the freeze ailment. They don't protect you from actual ice damage. Equipping two or three Resist/Blizzards will suffice... you'll rarely be frozen and damage done by the dragon's ice attacked will be reduced, unlike wearing just the Cure/Freeze which will only prevent you from being frozen but won't protect from ice damage.

Just make sure your EIC is above 50 or so, and you'll do fine. Later levels... don't even worry about EIC until the Ultimate Falz battle.

--------------------------------------------------
    The Cure/Freeze is the most overhyped item in this game, protectionwise. Just use Resist/Blizzard instead, and it will help you prevent from being frozen and maintain your HP, too. Whats the point of not being frozen when you're losing 900 HP a shot, when you could get frozen on rare occasion, do the jiggle trick, and less then a second later be free with only missing 50 HP.

The point I'm making is perfect in Ultimate Falz. In Ultimate Falz, everybody I've played with uses Cure/Frozen. However, this prevents them from being frozen during the attack but they still get hit with sometimes 1,000+ damage with the multiple Rabarta spells (I'm not making this up either, I have 700+ hours under my belt, which is still low compared to many people) while making sure I had 67 EIC with Resist/Blizzards meant I only got 150 damage, even WHEN frozen. With that protection, I was often the only person left alive for his second form because I was the only one who had protection against ice damage. I would finish off that form by myself because it was futile; next round of ice would kill all of my teammates again because they never thought to reduce ice damage, but rather avoid getting frozen.

My FOnewearl was raped for her Reverser so many times because people didn't understand that the smart way to go is to reduce the damage dealt to you. The benefits of not being able to be frozen means jack if the attack still kills you in one hit. Trade the ability to not be frozen with the ability to survive.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    If you want a 1-2-punch, equip Cure/Freeze with many Resist/Blizzards. This will guarentee that you will NOT be frozen and will reduce the damage given to you tenfold. Just don't rely on Cure/Freeze to work wonders---you will be disappointed.

(However, Cure/Shock works great on Ultimate CCA.)

EDIT: When I mean Resist/Blizzard, it means any slot item that raises EIC protection. Resist/Blizzards are a common find (for me anyway), and raise your EIC by +15.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2005-08-27 03:20 ]</font>

Dont worry about a cure/freeze while in the lower lv Ult (Firest, Cave) You only really need it against DF on Ult, which is why Im hunting it since I am on Ult Ruins, I might not even need it but I havent tried DF on Ult yet (havent been bothered getting through Ruins)

On 2005-08-27 03:12, anwserman wrote:
    Or.

Don't freak out about getting a Cure/Freeze, since they do shit anyway, other then curing the freeze ailment. They don't protect you from actual ice damage. Equipping two or three Resist/Blizzards will suffice... you'll rarely be frozen and damage done by the dragon's ice attacked will be reduced, unlike wearing just the Cure/Freeze which will only prevent you from being frozen but won't protect from ice damage.

Just make sure your EIC is above 50 or so, and you'll do fine. Later levels... don't even worry about EIC until the Ultimate Falz battle.

--------------------------------------------------
    The Cure/Freeze is the most overhyped item in this game, protectionwise. Just use Resist/Blizzard instead, and it will help you prevent from being frozen and maintain your HP, too. Whats the point of not being frozen when you're losing 900 HP a shot, when you could get frozen on rare occasion, do the jiggle trick, and less then a second later be free with only missing 50 HP.

The point I'm making is perfect in Ultimate Falz. In Ultimate Falz, everybody I've played with uses Cure/Frozen. However, this prevents them from being frozen during the attack but they still get hit with sometimes 1,000+ damage with the multiple Rabarta spells (I'm not making this up either, I have 700+ hours under my belt, which is still low compared to many people) while making sure I had 67 EIC with Resist/Blizzards meant I only got 150 damage, even WHEN frozen. With that protection, I was often the only person left alive for his second form because I was the only one who had protection against ice damage. I would finish off that form by myself because it was futile; next round of ice would kill all of my teammates again because they never thought to reduce ice damage, but rather avoid getting frozen.

My FOnewearl was raped for her Reverser so many times because people didn't understand that the smart way to go is to reduce the damage dealt to you. The benefits of not being able to be frozen means jack if the attack still kills you in one hit. Trade the ability to not be frozen with the ability to survive.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    If you want a 1-2-punch, equip Cure/Freeze with many Resist/Blizzards. This will guarentee that you will NOT be frozen and will reduce the damage given to you tenfold. Just don't rely on Cure/Freeze to work wonders---you will be disappointed.

(However, Cure/Shock works great on Ultimate CCA.)

EDIT: When I mean Resist/Blizzard, it means any slot item that raises EIC protection. Resist/Blizzards are a common find (for me anyway), and raise your EIC by +15.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2005-08-27 03:20 ]</font>
    Hmm, I guess you're right, but I would like to have one because it can come in handy. Also I can do you're last little trick. But I gotta find me Resist/Blizzards. I had a lot before and then I just sold them.

If you're concerned, just make sure you have approximately 40-50 resistance to ice... don't think you need to have 100 since that would be overkill, especially for Sil Bob.

For Falz, I'd try aiming for 70, but you're not there yet.

Okay, heh. Man I did some runs today and I hate my luck. The first Pan Arms I find gives me some crappy unit from the Migium and a God/TP from the Hidoom. Why couldn't it have been the other way around?! 0_o Oh well, at least I found me a magic rock 'Moola' from a Dubchic. Gotta keep hunting. Thanx for the advice guys.

I actually found a Cure/Freeze today from Whitill Gulgus. If you play GC, I'd be glad to give it to you, for I have no need of it.

On 2005-08-27 22:20, Fossil wrote:
    I actually found a Cure/Freeze today from Whitill Gulgus. If you play GC, I'd be glad to give it to you, for I have no need of it.
    Wow, that's a 1/1138 drop rate! Congrats!

Anyway, I've got one and I love it to death. Ep4 is a breeze with it.

On 2005-08-27 22:59, Getintothegame wrote:
    On 2005-08-27 22:20, Fossil wrote:
    Wow, that's a 1/1138 drop rate! Congrats!

Anyway, I've got one and I love it to death. Ep4 is a breeze with it.
    Considering how often people play Forest to level up, I dont think its that amazing.

Cure/Freeze is a helpful item to own and to use. Best times o use them are well... when you have a chance of being frozen. As in EP4 (I guess, from what you said)