Thread: HUnewearl Mag's

I was curious about peoples opinions on the best way to raise a mag as a HUnewearl

Ok, my suggestion would be to try to AVOID putting any levels into DEF. HUnewearls have the fastest climbing defense and evade in the game, and you won't really need much help in that department. Dpending on how much you see yourself using techniques, I'd either suggest Going with MIND primary, or almost none at all. It's not really in your benefit to be wishy washy about your techniques as a HUnewearl, as your natural MST should get hgih enough to use the basics even if you don't boost your mag's MIND. On the other hand, if you do like using techniques HUnewearls are the most powerful non-force technique user, so maxing your MIND isn't a terribly bad idea. As far as POW and DEX are concerned, I'd adjust them as you see fit; more POW when you want more damage, and more DEX if you're having trouble hitting things, or decide to use inaccurate weapons like mechguns.

Hope this helps you. =)

Pax, Lenneth

nn-Doh.

I missed the post in the forum where it should've been! Heh. I posted a reply in the general forum...

-- cut here -- =)

It depends on your section ID. My *personal* favorite, is to raise a Varaha Mag. These look like a pair of wings (See bottom for links to images)

Note that the tops of these mags are dependant on the color of the character who started it. I started a white character and gave the mag to my main character only so that I had a pair of white tops, which, I am told can be seen even in dark rooms. =)

However, if your online name is "Deedlit", it looks like you'd be a type-B hunter. So Garuda would look decent (pair of butterfly wings), but it's not as practical, as say, Apsaras (big mecha skirt).

If you want some info on how to build these mags, I have a mag-building post under the MAGS forum on how to get an Apsaras. Also, nozedive13's FAQ on the GameFAQs board is useful in figuring out exactly what to feed mags. Let me know what your section ID is, and what you'd like to get. I can try to put together a MAG diet for you.

Pictures (from jeha.org)
    Varaha
    Garuda
    Apsaras

-Cliftonium-

BTW: Lenneth: I found that that I maxxed out on DFP, finally, at LV80 or so (310?). And after experiencing the zen-called-Very-hard, I've found that you can never have too much DFP, especially at lower levels. So I wouldn't say it's *that* quick.

I agree with your approach for the mag raising. I ended up raising a mag that gave a nice +160 MST bonus (80 mind) initially, which really helped when playing online with groups of people. I ended up being support-person (shifta! deband!) before wading into the fray. It also adds to your TP, which is always a nice bonus.

Y'know, DEX gives the smallest bonus to the character (ATA bonus = 1/2 DEX), and the ATA stat maxxed out earlier for me (at ~lv60, 13.

get an Apsaras, casts invuln when u enter boss fights(sometimes when ur bp is full or is really low on health) really really useful thing to have. but ur iq and sync has to be high though =)