Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Yes, it's LastUtopia. Computer is broken again....

This will be kind of long, but I would appreciate it if everyone read it, as it is likely the last thing you will ever hear from me.

Tonight, I was playing in the Ruins as my level 45 HUmar. When I left the game, my memory card slipped out of the controller during the saving process. It asked me to put in the card you used to start. I did, but it still wouldn't let me save. Finally, I had to exit without saving, and my charater was lost.

So, I must say that it would take me weeks to regain all that I had on my beloved character, which, in dreadful irony, I was going to back up once I left the game. The thing is, I'm not sure that I have the desire or drive to do it all again. There is little that I haven't seen or done, or both. Therefore, I have made the decision to quit PSO forever. I don't want to do it and could probably be convinced otherwise but for now, it's over. I haven't been here long so some of you don't know me, but to those who do, I'm very sorry that I'm doing this. If I feel better about this tomorrow, I'll probably create a new character, or maybe go with the second Last Utopia I made. If I do, I'll always be in Puck 9 until I get everyone's cards. Stop by and help me out so i can compete with you again...if not...well...it's over. Even if I don't decide to continue, I will show up for Sunday's meeting to say goodbye to everyone in-game.

At this point, I would like to extend my middle finger in the general direction of Sonic Team.

Way to go, guys. Your incompetent programmers have started to drive away players.

I don't blame you for leaving, LastUtopia. I would do the same.

Nooooooooooooooo! Come on, I got some nice stuff I can give you if you want some help to get back to near what you were at. I can give you a photon claw...best I got, and I got some armors and shields and money I can give you. Don't leave!! Come on, come on, don't quit!!

I just don't think I can do it all again...I'm going onto Puck 9 now as my other LastUtopia, if anyone wants to join me...

I personally think getting to 100 is better than being 100, anyone else think so? btw I lost my level 55 HUmar also to a corrupted save so I feel your pain.

NOOO! Don't leave Utopia! When did this happen? I just played with you a little while ago.

The original Drunk FOmarl

Sucks. The VMU slip-out happened to me once and since then it's been duct taped into the controller. I'm telling ya a few slabs of duct tape will solve all these problems. Still, sorry to see ya go.

Rappy Hunter
    Philly, PA, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth

To Bman-
    I don't think Sonic Team's programmers are exactly responsible for losing characters if the VMU is disconnected. In case you haven't noticed, that happens to EVERY game on EVERY system involving a memory card, no exceptions. That's why all of those games have a warning that you shouldn't remove the memory card while saving, since it corrupts the save data. Call off your wolves, BMan! Sonic Team kicks ass!!

Josh, this happened as I was leaving the game I played with you. I still can't believe it...

On 2001-02-22 21:44, LastUtopiaDC wrote:
    Josh, this happened as I was leaving the game I played with you. I still can't believe it...
    awww, man. That sucks. Well, at least you were looking for a new weapon anyways. If I were you, I'd play again and try out a different class. Or you could play HUmar again now that you know more about them. You'd survive better in the early parts of the game. Don't leave though, bro.

Mod note: Edited to fix the table. No text in the post has been changed. -Ambrai

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ambrai on 2001-02-23 03:23 ]</font>