Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Rappies on a stick! Only a Farthing!

I've come across some great quotes from a couple of old T.V shows i really liked and thought I'd post them here.

Those shows were the political sattires "Yes, Minister" and "Yes, Prime Minister".

Fell free to add any quotes from anything at all that you particularly liked.

Sir Humphrey's Longest Sentence:

"Well, it's clear that the committee has agreed that your new policy is a really excellent plan but in view of some of the doubts being expressed, may I propose that I recall that after careful consideration, the considered view of the committee was that while they considered that the proposal met with broad approval in prinicple, that some of the principles were sufficiantly fundamental in prinicple and some of the considerations so complex and finely balancd in practice, that, in principle, it was proposed that the sensible and prudent practice would be to submit the proposal for more detailed consideration, laying stress on the essential continuity of the new proposal with existing principles, and the principle of the principle arguments which the proposal proposes and propounds for their approval, in principle.

Bernard Wooley's Longest sentence:

Apparently, the fact that you needed to know was not known at the time that the now known need to know was known, therefore those that needed to advise and in form the home secretary perhaps felt the information he needed as to whether to inform the highest authority of the known information was not yet known and therefore there was no authority for the authority to be informed because the need to known was not, at that time, known or needed."

Bernard: "You only need to known things on a need to know basis."

Sir humphrey: "I need to know everything. How else can I judge whether or not I need to know it?"

Bernard: "So you need to know things, even when you don't need to know them. You need to know them not because you need to know them, but because you need to know whether or not you need to know. And if you don't need to know you still need to know so that you know that there was no need to know..."

Humphrey: "Yes!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sojo on 2002-09-01 17:51 ]</font>

Careless, ignorant, and insensitive

Seize from every moment its uniqueness. - Fortune cookie ^_^

"FDA, what's [i]that[/t]?"

*Tosses Snappuru some catnip*

It's not yarn, but hey.

Anyhow, this quote is a conversation between two girls in the great movie Donnie Darko:

Girl 1:"School's closed today. The bathrooms were all flooded and feces was everywhere."
    Girl 2:"What's feces?"
    Girl 1:"Baby mice."
    Girl 2(cute tone):"Awe."

"Vengence begets nothing but a vicous cycle of further vengence"
    "This plan is so bad it HAS to be ours."

Squidsquatch

"You love Chinese Food" - Fortune cookie (recieved at a Vietnamese restaurant)

"I can't stand this wallpaper. Either it goes or I do." - Dying words, Oscar Wilde

"Remember that while people may care the world for you, they are helpless to truly save you from yourself."

"You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose." - ??? >_>

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." - Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Hiding from the world is never an option, being assimilated into the world is the easiest choice, but being an individual means fighting for every second of your existance." ... o_0 >_>
    Look, he did it again.

In a PSO lobby.

Dude: PSO SUCKS! THIS GAME SUCKS!
    Me: Then why do you have it?
    Dude: SHUT UP! ILL PK YOU!
    Me: Lol

Then 15 mins later

Same dude: Anyone wanna do a forest run?
    Me: Oh I do!
    Same dude: *logs off*

It truely was my finest hour.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

"Huh? Finger?! What the hell?!" - Final Fantasy VII

"Damn, we're in a tight spot!" - O brother, where art thou?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

"If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia." -Thomas Szasz

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon." -Groucho Marx

"In the case of many poets, the most important thing for them to do is to write as little as possible," -T. S. Eliot

"Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronys. Our main imports are baseball players and acid rain." -Pierre Trudeau