Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm currently playing a lv 87 racaseal in ult. While she can easily hold her own in ep 1 she dies horrible deaths in temple(not constantly, but frequently enough).

Despite the highest defense in the game, maxed pow/def/HP mats, she still takes a lot of damage from verts and merlans (about 3X vert damage from ep 1), and merlans are so quick it's impossible to gain distance. This results in quickly burning through *mates in crowded rooms, especially those with locking doors.

I'm interested in tactics casts around this level have used for soloing ep 2.

I personally have been resorting to a lot of doorway sniping, but this will not help you in locking rooms.

Get some good mechs and a rifle and start door sniping! Works great for my HUcast. An arrest vulcan with hit, dark and a-beast percents and two god/arms to make sure I'll almost hit every time. But since you're a RAcaseal, I don't think you need the arms

Traps

Tested by pirates.

I do some ep2 at ow levels with my Casts, getting them into seabed bfore training/hunting..

Normally i use simple, FS+charge/hell/demons(may be reduced still is good tho)

for HUcas' i normally use handgun/mech and a big hitter i.e. Asuka usw..

the journey isn't too bad, neither is lga at lowish level.....just take a smaller amount of time more, ALL my friends said gol was the hardest...>.> they were higher and i still disagree!

yeah.. traps are pretty useful...but with the merlan's blinding speed it'd be impossible to herd them.

I suppose i could try quickly turning & shooting it with a shot type, but the crush bullet was slow.. kept getting the wrong end of a claw before i could finish orienting and shooting.

decent advise.. i'll definitely give that a shot.

On 2005-10-15 02:07, Dana_ranger wrote:
    Normally i use simple, FS+charge/hell/demons(may be reduced still is good tho)

for HUcas' i normally use handgun/mech and a big hitter i.e. Asuka usw..

the journey isn't too bad, neither is lga at lowish level.....just take a smaller amount of time more, ALL my friends said gol was the hardest...>.> they were higher and i still disagree!
    yeah.. my only other high lev char is a skyly. I recently started a purplenum hunewearl (now lv 20 something). I guess i'll have to get her high enough to find a FS to use.

I tried similar tactics with a visk/bringer's rifle combo but ran into 2 probs:
    first if rooms are crowded you can't take advantage of the paralysis of one enemy at a time. (even though the sp hits constantly)
    Second was bringer's rifle demon's doesnt hit for anything, even with dparts2+2god/arms. i may need to find a demon's rifle with % hit.

PS: A comment on the hucast gol-dragon thing, hucasts have definite ATP advantages, meaning they dispose of threats faster, giving them less time to hit. I can see how a hu-cast would reduce the risk of going without resta.

On 2005-10-15 02:19, plasmacutter wrote:

yeah.. my only other high lev char is a skyly. I recently started a purplenum hunewearl (now lv 20 something). I guess i'll have to get her high enough to find a FS to use.

I tried similar tactics with a visk/bringer's rifle combo but ran into 2 probs:
    first if rooms are crowded you can't take advantage of the paralysis of one enemy at a time. (even though the sp hits constantly)
    Second was bringer's rifle demon's doesnt hit for anything, even with dparts2+2god/arms. i may need to find a demon's rifle with % hit.

PS: A comment on the hucast gol-dragon thing, hucasts have definite ATP advantages, meaning they dispose of threats faster, giving them less time to hit. I can see how a hu-cast would reduce the risk of going without resta.
    Yeah, i was talking about all driod for gol but i know what you mean...Well, as for the visk, bringers go....You could always try to get that FS and then bringers, a hell laser with hit would be better IMO!
    oh, yeah one more thing, the bringer only take their health to 45%, being a RAcaseal and all! well, just do simple SoaB runs for a while, then try either ruins or ep2, for items also!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2005-10-15 04:19 ]</font>

As much as I HATE this weapon, you could really use a Spread Needle. RAcaseals paralyze enemies easily with one.

If you can paralyze the enemies (or freeze them), they're not gonna be laying waste to you as easily.

of course, this is highly dependant on your ID, whether you can find the Needle. If you can find it, i'd highly consider it.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

try to use the environment to your advantage. youre a ranger, temple is full of things that block the enemies but let you hit them.

for the merlans... well, traps... and dont wait for them to selfdetonate >_>

besides this, confuse traps work wonders against many, fast enemies.

overall, ep2 just needs some tactic that fits the area, unlike in ep1 where you just have to have a pattern for each enemy type.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

As a Hucaseal, I cannot give you the best of advice, and I have never done low level ult ep 2 runs. At least not solo.

Try using Confuse traps first, then freeze trap once the effect weras off or if the ennemy still targets you. Fire traps are a god send against Merlans.

Weapon wise, I use a partisan type and a mechgun foremost. If I need Demon, I use a Democomet, which you don't have access to. You can always try getting a Srank Needle with Demon, but it's easier said than done. (plus at low level, you won't necessarily hit stuffs)
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr