Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Blue Harmony

according to NCS :

http://www.ncsx.org/2002/ncs090202/ncs0902th.htm

There COULD (conditional) be a compatibility problem with japanese GC modem working on Us GC.
    They are actively checking out the matter and will update their website accordingly.

Thought you guys would like to keep on eye on the subject just in case.

Hmm I hope it doesn't become a problem. I haven't preordered the import yet (which is kinda dumb yes since it comes out soon in Japan) but I was planning on doing that soon before it came out. My main issue was any sort of incompatability such as the one posed in this thread. I hope it is just a rumor or misconstrued news.

I don't see how it could be a problem since JP and US Gamecube hardware is almost identical.

Either way my Gamecube is japanese so doesn't affect me if this rumur turns out to be true,

the hardware IS identicle with the exception of one solder point. I don't know where this rumor came from but it seems kind of moot

I have a feeling the rumor isn't true. Well at least they will accept cancelations if worst comes to worst.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-09-05 17:32 ]</font>
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

*Got new modded spice GC to replace lost american GC *

What you call my momma?

Solder point? does that mena it won't "fit" in US consoles?

Oh and i doubt this will be a matter anyway. I mean the people that had the pso trial version didn't have one single problem and they had a japanese BBA and a japanesegame...so.

I didn't hear this rumor, and I doubt it's true. If this was the case, the trial addition players would be having some problems.

Hey that's very logical! Well that certainly is a good relief. Now I hope the BBA works just fine and I'm pretty sure it will

From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

I wouldn't worry too much. I think this is more a case of the distributor in Japan covering themselves just in case there was a problem.

My only worry is if they are referring to a dial-up/Hunter's License problem for people trying to play outside Japan. But seeing how awkward V2.0 was, and how people still managed to get online with that, I'm sure we will be alright.

Only 1 week to go!