Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

http://segadirect.jp/Catalog/CustomP...x?File=psu.htm

If you scroll down they list the PC requirements. They are pretty low as I expected.

Heres a re-cap of what they list:
    Win 2000/XP
    P4 1.6 GHZ
    256 MB RAM
    8 GB HDD space
    Video card needing 64 MB or more.
    BB is required and so is a DVD drive.

Although I can see them making the game AMD compatible when it is released in North America.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonCat on 2005-11-26 14:40 ]</font>

Haha, these system requirements aren't that bad. I mean, damn, my current computer could run PSU (though, I'd have to clean up about 4-5 gigs of space in order to meet the 8 gigs requirements), though the computer I'm planning to get soon could run it better.

I wonder if these requirements are gonna change as the game gets closer to being done?

BB is required and so is a DVD drive.
    I guess we can make the safe assumption that if BroadBand is required for the PC version, that the PS2 version will also be BroadBand only.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Trinity's War Survivor DamonKatu's Avatar

I have a good connection its just I need to clean the junk out of my computer and the 8 gig im not sure of. This is a good game but I think this game might hog space even to a powerful computer.
    "no matter the man, we all wear masks...either on our faces or over our hearts"
    -Godot.

PSO Assassin

what do you mean by needing BB???

Trinity's War Survivor DamonKatu's Avatar

On 2005-11-26 17:48, vox3om wrote:
    what do you mean by needing BB???
    Broudband, a 56 kbs connection like earthlink or AOL that makes surfing the internet faster. The game is so big that the connection require a big connection to load properly. Lots of things load over the internet to recieve the information you need from players online to status and other game events.
    "no matter the man, we all wear masks...either on our faces or over our hearts"
    -Godot.

Nice requirements, hopefully because they actually made a nice optimization of the PC version's code.

So nice, in fact, that I may not have to resort to my laptop to play PSU, my PC may be more than enough for it (with some effects turned off).

Who am I kidding.
    I'll want to have everything at maximum quality, so I'll use the laptop anyway, just means I'll be able to do quick runs with my PC in case I can't use my laptop at the time.

Alternatively (since it seems the Sega Link ID is shared for PC and PS2 versions of PSU, hinting at cross platform abilities), I'll just use a PS2 version when I can't access my PC nor my laptop.

I use internet slang for comedic purposes only.

One quick question... is it possible for a US compuer to play JP PSU? Not a big PC gamer so I have no idea if there are regions or anything on PC games like there are on console games.

I've been saying I want it on PS2 but if I can play the JP version on my computer I might consider importing. Then I'll just buy the US PS2 version when it comes out as well ><

On 2005-11-26 18:21, F-o-x wrote:
    One quick question... is it possible for a US compuer to play JP PSU? Not a big PC gamer so I have no idea if there are regions or anything on PC games like there are on console games.

I've been saying I want it on PS2 but if I can play the JP version on my computer I might consider importing. Then I'll just buy the US PS2 version when it comes out as well ><
    Theoretically you should be able to play the JP PC version. People were able to do that with the JP version of Blue Burst.

However, it is unknown if the JP and US servers will be linked. As such, you maybe forced to start over when the US version comes out.

I use internet slang for comedic purposes only.

However, it is unknown if the JP and US servers will be linked.
    Ahhh yeah I'd forgotten about that. I'll wait and see about the language option and if the servers are going to be linked or not before I make my decision I suppose.