Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    And Your Bird Can Sing

Apparently, one needs to have a Japanese Address to purchase a Hunter's License. I don't know whether the address must be valid, but it's another obstacle in the way of going online with PSO Episode 1&2 for those of us importing. Hopefully someone can put up a visual FAQ on supplying an address.

BaronLaw

You mean the GameCube verion, right?

That had to be done on the Dreamcast version, so I guess it should be the same process - Lie!

Veteran Fighter

Aaa, I doubt that we'll require a Japanese adress. Besides, it'd be pretty hard for them to validate that. Maybe a residential code...the solution to that being someone posting a residential code here to use for the game.

Dammit, I hope I'm not going to end up spending all my money on importing and whatnot and it not working >.<

On 2002-09-12 03:48, Ziggy-san wrote:

Dammit, I hope I'm not going to end up spending all my money on importing and whatnot and it not working >.<
    Welcome to the beautiful world of import games!

BTW I find pretty hard to believe the story about Japanese address. In the case I do have a Japanese address (part of my family live there), so I won't have problems

And Your Bird Can Sing

I seem to remember that a Japanese address was needed to get a Dricas Account for PSO V2. So this shouldn't be much of a problem afterall, unless there is some as yet unforeseen way for Sonic Team or Sega to check on the validity of a supplied address---a highly doubtful proposition.

BaronLaw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-09-12 05:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-09-12 05:18 ]</font>

On 2002-09-12 05:14, BaronLaw wrote:
    unless there is some as yet unforeseen way for Sonic Team or Sega to check on the validity of a supplied address---a highly doubtful proposition.
    Yes, I agree... I mean... what can they do? Deliver the log on/access key informations to your home? lol

From the looks of Ah King's guide at Ragol.com, it appears you will need a Japanese Address AND Telephone number, these also have to be entered using Japanese Text.

I see no problem in this, the only thing that makes it a hassle is that its done through the GC rather than seperately like Dricas.

On 2002-09-12 08:07, ShadowNeo wrote:
    From the looks of Ah King's guide at Ragol.com, it appears you will need a Japanese Address AND Telephone number, these also have to be entered using Japanese Text.

I see no problem in this, the only thing that makes it a hassle is that its done through the GC rather than seperately like Dricas.
    Ah King updated in the forums the address can be entered in english, but yeah you need an address in the correct layout, with postcode and phone number.

Glad i have an address and phone number i can use though.

On 2002-09-12 04:29, beatneko wrote:
    On 2002-09-12 03:48, Ziggy-san wrote:

Welcome to the beautiful world of import games!

BTW I find pretty hard to believe the story about Japanese address. In the case I do have a Japanese address (part of my family live there), so I won't have problems
    To bad that it was required for the PC version.