Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm feeling very Christmassy and I'm kind of bored so I thought I'll make this topic. What are your favorite and least favorite Christmas songs and why?

My favorites
    -----------

1.) Silent Night--Its a really beautiful song and though I tend to like almost any arrangement of it(unless its sped up) I prefer it to be song by a Female or played with instruments.

2.) Drummer Boy(I think its real name is Carol of the Drum, don't know for sure)--Yeah, this song is really neat. In my freshman year of Concert Band I did a duet with my section leader.

3.) I don't think I know the proper name but I think its called, God rest ye merry gentlemen- Theres a really jazzy version of this song and ever since I heard the jazz version, I like both version,

4.) Don't know the name either but I think its called Angels we have heard on high(or somethin like that)-its a really pretty song

5.) Winter Wonderland-I like it more when its done only with instruments, not with lyrics

6.) Arabian Dances(from the Nutcracker)-I understand the Nutcracker isn't really Christmassy but its always played around Christmas. Its slow, pretty, and flows real nice PLUS, I get to play it as a solo in this year's Concert Band Christmas performance.

Least Favorite
    ----------------

1.) Santa Clause is Comming to Town--this song is alright.....but...I'll be damned...EVERYTIME I hear the Jackson 5 version, and I hear little Michael Jackson scream over and over at the end of the song, "Santa Clause is comming to town!", I wanna cut off my ears.

No disrespect to any Jackson 5 fans cause I love a lot of songs by them but this song isn't one of them.

2.) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer--I never liked this song and I really don't like when its song by kids and they add the extra stuff.(Like Columbus/Like Monopoly)

3.) Jingle Bells-I hear this song SO MUCH every Christmas to the point that I just don't like it. We have the Christmas Tree lights that play random Christmas songs and our lights love to play this song over and over and over and over.

This year?

This year I don't really like anything that has to do with christmas, my moms away for christmas this year so no ones really giving anything to anyone and none of the families really getting together and that just puts me in a non-christmas type of mood.
    Life is just a lie with an "f" in it.

Oh, man, anything as long as it played by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. :>

The only Christmas song i really did like is that Carol of the Bells.
    and of course Mr Grinch XD!

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

On 2005-12-10 22:14, FOAtHeart wrote:
    Oh, man, anything as long as it played by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. :>
    Raise a call! Hoorah!!! Specificly, Caroling of the Bells, Trans-Siberian or Manhime Steameroller (I think I spelled that wrong )

I like 3 songs, but I only know 2 of the names:

1) Don't They Know It's Christmas?
    2) Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time
    3) and some song by what sounds like Josh Groban.

Ummm i dont know the name but it goes ba ra pa pa pa pum

after hearing nothing but christmas music over the intercoms at work for the past month, and all the way up until after christmas, i dispise all christmas music

On 2005-12-10 23:10, eXo wrote:
    Ummm i dont know the name but it goes ba ra pa pa pa pum
    That's 'The Little Drummer Boy'.

Oh ok sweet then thats like becoming one of my favorites