View Poll Results: It has painfully come to the attention of many PSO players that the servers are due to shut down in

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep the servers running!

10 52.63%
  • No, I'm done with PSO.

2 10.53%
  • Doesn't matter to me.

7 36.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It has painfully come to the attention of many PSO players that the servers are due to shut down in an estimated 90 days from this post.

From the depths of Microsoft, information has been uprooted saying that the shut down date is to be scheduled sometime in the 3rd quarter. Well, at the time of this post, it is officially 4 days into the 2nd quarter.

I know most of you probably won't believe this information to be true, but facts are to be seen about it. Have you wondered why it is still Christmas? Also, some said hacker/modders have been getting the NPC error and not getting banned. To be technical, the game tells you that your character contains irregular data and cannot enter the game. It then records the data on the server and boots you from XBox Live. Once is a warning, twice is a ban. There are some who have accumulated over 20 of these error messages, yet they are still online.

It's time to face the truth about the rumors. The servers are going to be shut down. Keep this in mind, as there are a group of players on PSO that are gathering resources to try and have an optional 3 servers up and running to host the game online when the servers are shut off.

To better advance their progress, a topic has been set up at the official XBox Live forums. It can be found in the Games forum underneath Phantasy Star Online. The topic name is "PSO Server Shutdown."

If you want to keep playing PSO, then support the cause that is trying to keep the game running. It may not work, but at least we are trying. Again, the servers are to be shut down in an estimated 90 days from this posting. Loyal fans of the PSO game, please post at the XBox Live forums to better the chances.

XBox Live Forums - Phantasy Star Online

Ketchup Edit: Added the XBox topic label.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ArchonOf1337 on 2006-02-15 22:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-02-16 12:44 ]</font>

I also asked this on the XBL forums, is there a link to anything official stating, or even eluding to the fact servers are going to be shutdown in such a short period of time?

Also, it is not Microsoft that is in charge of making things Christmas or V-Day or whatnot. That is SonicTeam.
    Fujiko, Skyly HUnewearl (Level 3) - PSOBB
    Otsune, Purplenum RAcaseal (Level 19) - PSOBB

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

It was bound to happen eventually. If they want to shut down the servers then let 'em. I love PSO and all but Sega and ST are running a business here, and PSO is no longer profitable.

Is it possible you can change the topic that indicates just x-box? The title is a bit misleading into thinking it is the GC servers that is having a chance of shutting down.

Xbox and GC servers are different so having a general topic title like that is a bit confusing.

On 2006-02-16 12:27, metatime wrote:
    Is it possible you can change the topic that indicates just x-box? The title is a bit misleading into thinking it is the GC servers that is having a chance of shutting down.

Xbox and GC servers are different so having a general topic title like that is a bit confusing.
    Topic label added.

As far as I know, ST covers the content, but I would think Microsoft would cover the bannings. Unless of course Microsoft sends the logs to ST to see what should be done.

And remember, no discussing how to access or build 3rd party servers.

You use Xbox Live to access the PSO Servers, so Sonic Team would have to shut the servers down in order for you to not be able to play online.

And since there hasn't been any official word, then this isn't credible.

The source is rather uncredible, especially without any official announcement. I do suspect the game is in danger, though.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

I asked on the XBL forums for the originator to quote or post a link to something official, and all he/she replied was that their information was from "trusted sources." My ass is a trusted source of crap, too, but hey...
    Fujiko, Skyly HUnewearl (Level 3) - PSOBB
    Otsune, Purplenum RAcaseal (Level 19) - PSOBB

You know, I would watch what you say there. Not a lot of people are thinking to highly of you and your crudeness. I could say a bunch of nice choice words in your direction, but there are other important things at hand. You want proof huh? Well, check this link out.

XBox Live

This is the list for the games that are currently being transferred to the Backwards Compatability list. There is a chance that PSO would be put on that list. Either way, keep a close eye on this list. For more information as it becomes available, check out the XBox Live topic that has been started on this same issue. Here is the link to that.

XBox Live Forums

Melee Mage Extraordinaire

I simply don't belive this until there is absolute proof. And arn't they sapposed to give a 6 month warning before killing the servers or is that EA? Plus the etneral Christmas is fun. >_>

Edit: After more thinking it came to be that they're so forgetful they'll probably forget to take the servers down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Protatora on 2006-02-17 03:51 ]</font>