Comrades, the Time has come!!!

http://psobb.jp/news/news111.html

*Translated only loosely faithfully into english to make sure people understand

"We received a crapload of mail concerning the game during all the months of the 5 years clebration event. This time however we actually DID read them and decided to try the following things out:

A Change of the Rare Item Drop Tables

During the time between the Maintance of Feb the 28th and March the 14th, we will use a widely modified drop chart. This time some of the items actually have a chance of dropping, and the higher the difficulty, the better the item (note from me: this means better percents on weapons and possibly better stats for armours).
    Besides, we actually activated some new items as well, so you might want to give it a try.

A Change of the Ennemies Magic Resistances

From next maintenace on, the ennemies of Episode 4 will be less resistant to magic. This way Force players will be able to actually be useful with attack spells in Desert, for a change.

New Quest: An EVEN MORE Dangerous Deal with Black Paper

This quest will stay forever.
    This time we designed it so that ONLY EP4 ITEMS DROP. Moreover, you will be rewarded things THAT YOU CANNNOT GET OTHERWISE.
    However, the quest will be harder this time around.
    One of the items released is the "Solferino", but there will be many new hot items released as well. Enjoy!!

(Note from me: I feel sooooooooo stupid to have used up my 16 Photon Crystals...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2006-02-21 07:14 ]</font>
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

On 2006-02-21 07:12, Saffran wrote:
    This time some of the items actually have a chance of dropping.
    That is a funny quote given the drop rates of some ep4 items. Does this mean that the drop rates are going to be temporarily reduced or that new items will be released?

A Change of the Ennemies Magic Resistances

From next maintenace on, the ennemies of Episode 4 will be less resistant to magic. This way Force players will be able to actually be useful with attack spells in Desert, for a change.

New Quest: An EVEN MORE Dangerous Deal with Black Paper

This quest will stay forever.
    This time we designed it so that ONLY EP4 ITEMS DROP. Moreover, you will be rewarded things THAT YOU CANNNOT GET OTHERWISE.
    However, the quest will be harder this time around.
    One of the items released is the "Solferino", but there will be many new hot items released as well. Enjoy!!

(Note from me: I feel sooooooooo stupid to have used up my 16 Photon Crystals...)
    Nice. They are actually going to release the Solferino. I wonder if the are going to released the remainder of the Episode 4 items such as the various mag cells and defensive equipment.

Wicked User/Axel Factor Cultist AxelgearVII's Avatar

For some reason, this makes me feel even more despair for US Blue Burst. As if DDwBP was'nt extravagant enough, now you guys get even crazier things. Meanwhile US goes 2 months without any decent updates.
    Decade long veteran of PSO, PSO Ep1&2, PSOBB, and PSUJP. Axel or VII will do.

Well Axel, see it that way: Releasing DDwBB right now in the US is kinda pointless, because many have 80+ duped Crystals in their inventory.

It wouldn't be fair to give a fresh start either, so my best guess is that they're looking for a solution about these quests.
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Whats your favorite flavor?

So Dangerous, All of USBB will quit if its not released in the next 10 hours! Cry babies.

Good news anyhow, I've been looking forward to Solfernio for awhile now.
    Thank you for the music.

I'm somewhat confused by the wording here. Are they gonna modify the dropcharts only through the 28th of Feb. to March 14th, or will those be alteration dates, meaning the changes are permanant? I hope they balance things out, either way. I remade my Greenill into a Viridia because it's Ep4 was so horrid. x.x I know this likely doesn't apply to USBB, but updates in JPBB are usually a sign of what's to come for USBB.

Well, the dropcharts is apparently modified only for this short period of time. We can only guess that some of the modified droprates will stay and some will not. It is impossible to tell at the time.
    www.hinamizawa.fr