Thread: Oogie

Boogie!

This is a still life I'm doing for my color class over the break. The only thing interesting around my room was my little statue of Oogie Boogie. I though I might scan this in and post it, because this is the last time I will probobly be happy with it. I have to color it now using a french method: You lay the shades down first in dark brown, and then you lay the colors over that in light washes. I really really suck at coloring traditionally, so I'm pretty sure once I get going on Ooggie here, I'll want to burn it.

On and off, off and on

Potato sack man!

Great work, as always; you truly recaptured one of my favorite bad guys

Just to help me out on the hard copy, I made a quick digital version. You can see I actually chose Oogie cause he's mainly one color so there is less to screw up for me. It actually took me longer to fiddle with the layer options for making an acurate wash technique than it did to color the thing. Why cant I be so confident using traditional media any more? And the worst part is, my touch is so extremly soft, that even when I do something really good traditionally, trying to scan it or take a picture completly looses the effect of the image. Oh well, that enough of my whining for now, back to work...

"This is where the fun begins..."

o.o;