Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

With the removal of the damage delay seen in offline PSOGC, Single Player mode is just like Multiplayer mode, but with less stats, and less EXP. Granted, Ep2 has beefed up EXP since PSOGC, Episode 1 is just really pointless to play, period.

For example, tonight, I tried to level my FOmarl to 131. 150k to go. Easy right?

In Spaceship, I get 25k, and I get Baranzed. What the crap? I can't fight that solo. :| +26k

In Ruins, I get 20k. I get trapped and pegged by claws as Grants finishes me off. Yeah ;| +22k

I don't know how many times I've been swarm-killed, no one else around to free me.

Dark Falz is a joke. A rewarding 39k isn't even enough to give back the EXP you'll more than likely lose from Darvants.. They swarm, they kill, you can't stop it. No one else around you to help heal you, and you go down. I once died 3 times in the first area, I had to quit game before I lost all of the EXP gained during the ruins run. Pointless.

Yeah, sounds like a rant, but whatever.

Is there any way to suggest either an EXP upgrade on Solo Ep1, or the addition of the damage delay? I know, for a fact, that Blue Burst has a damage delay, I've experienced it in quests.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-03-16 02:39 ]</font>

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Yeah, that "no damage delay of offline mode effect" leaves a nasty aftertaste in your mouth, no?

I got mauled to death in Ult Mines single player, by one Gillchich, rawr.

Its like they really took a half assed approach to that portion of the game. Just tossed it in there bugs be damned.

Yeah, I didn't even bother mentioning Mines. Sinows + Gilchichs will just maul you if you can't block them.

You are obviously just too weak, THAT's your problem. If you can't take it, try to level up somewhere else :s

Err... no at lvl 131 a fomarl should be able to take on ep1 with no problem on solo mode.

But since ST decide to make those little tweaks there really no point in doing solo.

Dancing Blades, Whirling Whips Maridia's Avatar

On 2006-03-16 04:12, matizzle87 wrote:
    You are obviously just too weak, THAT's your problem. If you can't take it, try to level up somewhere else :s
    Lawl. Can't wait to see YOU get told off later. <_<

I know for a fact that Skorp (and many others) have tackled offline (since solo mode is SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME LOL) ult at LOWER LEVELS with worse equipment. Many times. Too weak. Pssh.

Anyway, someone explain this damage cancel thing to me. I'm sure I've seen it, it's probably just not registering with me. And solo mode is fine at lower levels. I'm sure Ult is hell, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2006-03-16 04:49 ]</font>

...Damage delay? Someone please elaborate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-03-16 05:26 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Lets say a Gillchich attacks you.

One-two punch.

After the first hit you will immediately be hit by the second before you can even move.

No time to hit Dimate/Resta/move outta the way.

Same thing with missles of the Baranz hitting you one after another.

Go boot up GC offline mode and see how you have a bigger amount of time between each hit in a multiple series affects you. You have time to move right? Time to heal then fight back. Not online in BB!

Except Baranz, because he's a freak eitherway. :/

thats the little invincibility you get for a sec or two in all previous versions of PSO in offline mode.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Heh, yeah, it's a little annoying in places (I hear you on the Baranzes). But, seriously, it's still really easy, you just have to be a little more aware of what to do.

I will admit I've been gang-beat by Merlans in Ruins because I accidently let them surround me, but I've learnt to avoid them now, and I haven't died like that in ages.

The damage the enemies deal in one-person mode isn't as high as multiplayer, and the overall stats of enemies is higher, as is the EXP. The only difference is the invulnerability period got removed.

Edit: One area I have noticed is harder is Seabed- I could own this on GC one-player, but at a higher level, with better equipment on BB, I struggle, mainly because of the Recons swarming me and/or getting double charged by Deldoggies. Other than Seabed though, it hasn't really bothered me- I just shoot/zonde Baranz to death now. It takes longer, but it works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-03-16 06:18 ]</font>

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)