Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PVP in PSO/PSU?

Ok im new to this forum so plz keep the flames about the topic since im totally ignorant about it atm. I played PSo offline only while it was out on DC. Since then i have played CoH/CoV and lately LineageII. However i always loved the concept of PSO the best and im glad that a new game is over the horizon. My question is this. Is there pvp in PSOBB atm? and does anyone know if PSU will have pvp implements once it gets underway? I love pvp and personally i think its the only reason i would spend countless hours trying to get the best gear. tyvm

There's "Battle Mode" in PSOBB, but it's fairly limited in terms of scope compared to other online RPG PvP implementations. Basically you can either go down to the Episode 1 levels and play the game with Player Hit On, or you can use one of eight predetermined rules that will tweak your stats or whatever, level the playing field or not, have different winning conditions.

There hasn't been anything regarding such a mode in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-03-23 17:07 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

so there isnt an open pvp idea or perhaps arena or zones for pvp?

Not so much, no. Right this moment I don't think such a thing will be available for PSU, but who knows? Maybe it will be available in quest form.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Its still way faster than most PVPs though.

I kno for a fact that i wanna play PSU, but the only thing that will keep me coming back after a while is if there is some pvp to try those nifty lil weps u get. At least arenas where u get prizes or something...i dunno special weps for raking up points or clothing. Perhaps areas where its opne pvp and u must fight over the rights to take down special mobs etc....i mean honestly i spend 200 hours ++++ trying to get pretty weps if u cant wack someone w em.

I hope that if there is a Battle Mode in PSU, it can have different versions:

1 VS 1
    2 VS 2
    3 VS 3
    etc etc

Team Battles would rock!

well thats cerstainly getting it going. I mean there will be guilds so y not have guild battles over hunting gounds etc.....

I thought that they mentioned there wouldn't be Teams or Guilds in PSU. Just cards to get in contacts with friends you've met over the course of your playing time.

As far as PvP goes. It would most likely not be teamed based. There's a possibility for that of course. If you look at PvP for PSU more towards the point of... Training... Or evaluating your self against another Guardian. It could take the form or PvP. Since everyone in the game is essentially a Guardian you would have to frown upon unrestricted combat with another Guardian. It just makes sense that you would.

So if they held things like Tournaments and such... The 3v3, 2v2, 1v1, element could take place. I would think that they'd always keep it under a certain guise like that. For the most part, I don't think you would have missions where you battle other Guardians in order to reach a target in the feild, but this could apply to tournament activities.

Team Capture the flag tournaments would be fun. I'm not really expecting things like this though. PvP is fun, but I'm just not sure how they'd throw it in there is all.

Team Battles would be a nice part of Battle Mode. Just something to add to it. Something I've wondered, but, its not necessarily in the game. They have said there wouldn't be Team/Guild setups. You can just write info on your Partner Card, as done on PSO's Guild Cards.