Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Not sure how many of you read the frontpage news but here's a news by erupt on our new additions to our site:

"The old contest Art Gallery has closed and all artwork has been transfered to our new Fan Art Gallery. This gallery will be updated frequently with submissions from our large userbase of fans that draw PSO artwork. Some submissions were already added and many more will be so keep checking in on it.

Also this weekend expect our new Fan Fictions area to open up. This will be a large organized archive of fan fictions taken from our very large and active Fan Works forum. I'll be posting more information on it when it opens up this weekend so keep an eye out for it."

I hope that this will inspire our members to come up with new great stuff!!! Also, anything you would like to have possible featured in the fanarts and fanworks, post it right here in the fanworks forum and the members can vote to have it added!!

PSOW has been waiting eagerly some time to feature our members and our member's talents, don't let us down! Now the fanworks people have their own place to shine!

So get crackin!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-10-04 04:23 ]</font>

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

The sad thing is that I'm using any talent I have on the Do HUcasts 2 fic.

This is a great idea, and I can't wait to see it take off. Thanks Erupt!
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

don't worry raven, some current ongoing fanfics will be added to the fanfic gallery

Indeed! The great stuff that's been contributed deserves to be recognized, and hopefully it'll encourage the existing fellow residents of Fanworks, as well as new members, to continue contributing high quality fanfics and art.

As LollipopLolita mentioned before, the Fanworks forum will still be alive and well, open for comments or suggestions on the various works to be featured on the gallery/library, and a place to post works to be considered for them.

However, there is no need to worry about being some kind of uber-artist or Pulitzer Prize-winning writer, that one person would just choose to put in the galleries. It doesn't work that way.

Actually, it's totally up to the members to decide what they like to be put into the gallery/library. There will soon be running poll threads set up so members can vote on which work would get put in the gallery next.

So, it doesn't have to be all fancy-schmancy cg, use big SAT-vocab words or whatnot...just do your best, and the members will answer.

So put your best stuff out there for the world to enjoy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikosaka on 2002-10-04 05:25 ]</font>

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

What about character backstories? would that be considered fanfic?
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

The BlackHawks: First Family of PSOW
    Pioneer City, Skyly Sector, Residential Block 7 East.

It should, Raven. I posted a fanfic dealing with some backstory with my HUmar. It was called "Shadows of the Past". It's been turned into its own page at http://www.geocities.com/wkscott38632. This fic was graciously illustrated by Hikosaka.

I've also posted my characters' bios at this address, and this is only a preliminary site for the BlackHawk family. It's at http://m-blackhawk.tripod.com/

My other fanfics such as Valentine's Day W/ The BlackHawks, and Maya's New Beginning are also posted on my own webspace.

KodiaX987 has put up "The Five Facets of My Personality" on his own site, too, including the second group fic Hiko, Moo2u, BWS-1 and I did called "Reunions". I'd post a link, but it's in Kodi's sig, anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new fanfic gallery, and Fanart gallery, too. That reminds me to get back to work on "Steel Spirit"....damn writer's block.

later

M_BlackHawk

I Dream Of Sleep

Wow, this kicks ass.

Maybe i should go back and revise Do Hucast's 1 after 2 is finished. I know theres a couple of flaws in it that could be sorted out.

On 2002-10-04 06:59, RavenTW wrote:
    What about character backstories? would that be considered fanfic?
    Well, in the broadest sense, a fanfic is any story written based on the characters or ideas in the game.

Basically, if it has a storyline, it's a fanfic. If it doesn't (like a standard character bio/description), then it isn't.

In any case, people vote on what goes in the galleries and what doesn't, so submit what you can, and see what happens.

Erupt and I have been planning and working on this for a long time. So we'd like to see the members take advantage of this new feature in PSOW and fill the galleries up!

This way PSOW will have the best (and if not the only) member based fanworks gallery! Don't let us down!

Wielder of Divine Might

You can count on me. I hope the Angelus Saga has what it takes.