Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

http://pso.dricas.ne.jp/pso_dricas.html
    Talks something about the Dreamcast's PSO servers being completely free from May 20th... >_> No need for a HL!

Not sure what this says for EU or US players. Ragol's got a low down.

A generous move from Sega, in the midst of the current PSU rush

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

From 20th May, Phantasy Star Online for the SEGA Dreamcast will be free to play, making it the first free PSO game to play online - It only took 6 years eh?
    DC v1 was free. >_<

Granted it wasn't the greatest, but it was still the first, and still the first free one.

v2 was free to, over here at least

but yeah, great times. i dont want to spoil the memories with playing again tho.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

So DC was free anyway? You're talking about the non-Sega ones right? At least, that's the only ones I've known about..? :/

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

PSO (Ver. 1 & Ver. 2) for DC was never free in Japan. And Ver. 2 was pay-to-play everywhere else except in Europe.

And he's not talking about non-Sega servers, the official servers for DC PSO are still up for Europe & Japan.

Ah I see. Well, I wonder if the free servers will apply to EU aswell then.

And thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voxie on 2006-04-21 07:06 ]</font>

French, 100% legit, go blue burst!

LOL free!!!
    Here in France at dreamcast times i was addicted to pso and the phone billing was really hard sometimes, it was like 1$ per hour for internet so once i had like 60$/month in holliday times BUT those memorable moments were worth it!!!

yes it was free already, why the heck do you need the lincense? my friend plays online and he says that he does not pay or ever payed to play

yea PAL PSOV2 is free, only problem is they had to face bad ISP phone line charges. JP V2 has to pay a HL. NTSC USA PSOV2 can no longer connect to the sega servers, but the homebrew servers are free to Any Dreamcast PSO version. Interesting to hear that JP PSO v2 will be free. hopefully this doesnt mean a server shutdown soon along with the HL server. If the HL server goes offline then the only version that will ever be able to go online for dreacmast again will be any V1 and PALV2 as they dont have HL checks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xjustsumloser on 2006-04-23 07:57 ]</font>

C mode Force

The PAL version tied your character data to your Dreamcast, so if you changed your Dreamcast, you couldn't play online with the same characters. Wonder if that will still be the same.