This is a question that could probably only be answered by those using gamepads. How many pads / analogs does the game require? I'm wondering if I could play using my Saturn 3D controller which has a d-pad, an analog, six face buttons, start, and two sholder buttons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: butzopower on 2006-04-21 13:38 ]</font>

The menus I've translated show that 11 different buttons are required, not including the analog stick or D-pad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-04-21 13:46 ]</font>

Yea, it looks like I'd need an extra stick/pad. I just want to play my Sega stuff with Sega products. Oh well. Maybe I'll try and learn some more about digitally encoding controller outputs and play this game with Sega Twin Sticks .

Version 2 veteran (playing offline)

That means if you use d-pad, 6 buttons, 2 shoulders and the start button you have 13 buttons wright?
    So... it might/should work?!

Next to that a controller with less buttons can be installed as one with more under Windows. You'll just wont be able to acces the last ones.

Also the 11 buttons would mean even a DC controller would work then? Not that I have a converter for my DC pads.

But why do you want to use it?! I've never held one (only sega console I didn't) so it could just be the comfort of it.

I myself will be using the XBox controller (14 button) on my PC. Only cause I already have one installed on it.

And if you do have to few buttons, just lay down a DDR mat to add a few. Playing PSU and getting an exersize FTW.

----

On the beta site you can find this (after translation program)

< Cruciform button > Page with cursor movement and menu with menu to send
    < Cruciform button -> > Kyat shortcut indication and cursor movement with menu
    < Cruciform button <- > Cancellation of kyat shortcut and cursor movement with menu
    < The left analog stick > Movement of character
    < The right analog stick > Operation of sight
    < Button 1 > Normality attack (shock shooting), obg (shooting), technique (legal attacking) indication of lobby action pallet
    < Button 2 > Skill (shock type weapon), technique (legal attacking type weapon)
    < Button 3 > Cancellation with menu and call of action pallet
    < Button 4 > Decision with the menu, you speak, you inspect, pick up indication of the lock on menu which
    < Button 5 > While correction, pushing sight in the front, with movement step, the enemy the page with the lock on menu to send
    < Button 6 > Change of one hand weapon and change of technique (legal attacking weapon) page with menu to send
    < Button 7 > Page with arrival response and menu to send
    < Button 8 > Page with change and menu of character information display to send
    < Button 9 > Indication of kyat log
    < Button 10 > ON of self point of view camera/OFF
    < Button 12 > Indication of main menu/non indication and movie skip
    < ANALOG button > Analog/digital mode change

Meaning it could work since you won't miss out on any crucial buttons
    1 analog 1 d-pad and 9 buttons mean you miss out on button 10, 12 and camera controll.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sha_Hua on 2006-04-21 14:26 ]</font>