Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Before I was able to get on the beta...
    I knew what I wanted to see from someone who WAS. Something like this was it. Although preferably without the described troubles! This is a wordy thing, but if you're not on the beta and you're a beast or cast, this could have something relevent for you.

It also has wierd glitches, exposed eye-sockets, what NOT to do, and frusteration.

Glitch Part Skip it if you want character stuff

Jumped through the hoops (dll, lang setting up etc) to get the game going. My computer is an un-opened-case 2003 HP something, which I thought would be good enough, but since I'm not that proficient or interested in PC stats...it's not. The screen would flicker, edges shimmer and a (soon to be posted screen shots of) malfunction occurred.

On charcreate, the ENTIRE area around where the eyebrows are *possible* is translucent. Meaning the interior of EVERY beast/human/newman head is exposed through rectangle holes. Also, the skin around the eyes is MISSSING leaving their literal 'eyeballs' exposed floating in the the sockets, with the colored bits painted on. This renders it 100% impossible to choose eyelash/grasp a concept of a final face.
    The game also chugs along at 1 FPS, (think walking on the moon) and that's offline/tutorial area not even any monsters. Text barely loads and every "pan" in the tutorial takes 10mins. If you doubt your PC even a bit: DONT BUY IT FOR PC! Go buy yourself an Xbox or a station or something or you'll get strobing dots, green rectangle snow, twisted double screen and flashing polygon hell.

Charcreate Lowdown!
    Figuring it out is half the fun. Meh. Shift, ctrl and alt will let you change things and move sliders. If a slider doesn't look like it'll move hold ALT. Also Space Bar does the voices.

1. Voices-
    VERY JP. They may end up doing a dub-eng set, and personally I wouldn't mind. Some of them have words you don't understand and all are accent-laden. Yes you can choose 'quiet-ish' voices if you're not into the whole 'insane giggle/sumo grunting' scene. But...there's no ANDROID sounding voice at all! Nothing even remotely robotic or with a metallic ring to it. I find this dissapointing...yes it means more 'technological sophistication for ficticious tech' but meh I want to sound like a machine! There is also a laugh on the 'men' side that is umm well I can't think of some other word then "utterly gay", and the word is being used in context NOT as a swear/racism.

2. Body Sliders-
    There is WAY WAY WAY too much customization for fatness. You can have a billion varieties of lard. You want chunk, cellulite, beer guts (on girls) and over-weight bruisers? You got 'em on all counts. The fat-side of the slider is soooo overly extensive for customizing fat people you'd think that ST has a FattyFetish.

If you had someone built/buff/wide whatever you're gonna call it on PSO be prepped for a dissapointement here. Which is really REALLY dissapointing because I know they can do huge people--just look at the transformed beasts! Where the heck is this buffness for Casts? I don't mean putting on a hoard of boxy RAcast armor either...it's not the same. *You can't make anyone as wide as you could. Former RAmars and HUmars would be 100lbs heavier then the widest guy you can get on here who's not fat.

3. Hairs-
    ALL the males and ALL the females share their hair-roster. Even the casts share the human/beast/newman hairs. That means just go watch any ol' charcreate and you've seen all the hairs already.
    SUB HAIRS
    Ok this is where beast/cast need to look. You can custom the 'ears' on your beast and fleshface casts. The casts get a series of snub-horns and 'blue-tooth wireless earpiece cellphones' for their ears. The girl beasts get more ears then the boys. Both can get 'combed down flop/hidden ears' for if you don't want the stick-out ear. There's also HUGE tall ears but no cat-ear ontop of your head. (I'm paying attention!)

4. Skin sliders/Eyes
    Beasts can get some freaky eyes. This will delight many. There's 2 varieties of slit pupils, and one dark outer ring/blank middle eye that's nice n' freaky. Female fleshface cast can also get a nice big blank solid-color eye to turn up the creep factor. There are also huge-pupil druggy eyes which are fun on beast. Cast skin slider varies from bizzare pinkish lavender to blueish white oddity. Nothing spectacularly different but I got a nice dude with blue skin and green hair.

I will edit this and add more ASAP. **EDITED** below

RAmars/RAmarls & Recreation
    If you're trying to get someone RAmar-ish or RAmarlish, you can probably forget it. NONE of the things I was able to do give them the same FEEL. If you were a human RA, you -know- there was a feel to your chars--and you liked it. Well not here.
    None of the hairs either. There is no 'military cut' or grunger type stuff and taking away the face paint and masks really runs you right out of options. You remember near no one liked the RAmar's hunchback backpack, well no need to fear it here, but you'll get no one similar, either. Sadly, it looks like bringing your PSO RA over may prove impossible to keep their look.

"Bringing Over your Chars"
    So where is the good news if you want to re-create your fave guys on PSU? It's with the HUcaseals/RAcaseals. They have an EXACT replica of Elenor's maid head, you can get the butt-skirts on 'em, there's like 5 things worth of mouthless-HUcaseal faces (even a return of the pony-tail!) some sharp pigtails and a masked face/one eye face. You can dupe them easily, same with HUnes and FOnes, you can still build recognizable people--they're just clothed differently with mildly diff hairs.

You run into problems with the guys though, as (before) no big dudes and no "flashy FOnewms" or particularly pretty FOmars. Zero robes either for all you robe-fans or FOmarls who are going for elegance. It's all hippie tunicks, big pants, cowboy boots and stockings. A lot of the clothes don't do the girls justice either, they're cut to make their hips look big/thunder-thighs.

Android Heads!
    I know all the androids out there are going mad for head options. I know I was. I feel that the girls got a better shot then the guys. A LOT of the male/robo/faces are really similar/ones no one will pick. They got a samurai moustache/chinbeard one that's rediculous and like WAY too many varients on 'bizzarre panneled faces with rather boring eyes'.
    RAcasts may feel particularly jilted, their heads before (ie: long-face with eyespot=ohgun) had much more refinement or elegance to it. Many of the heads seem like "Novelties" or freak-show features. Among them:
    -Clear brain-exposed dome glass head with mini-fin!
    -FemCast head that's LITERALLY 3ft across and flat like an anvil! (WTHWTHWTH)
    -Immense bazooka shaped head with horse-bit chin bar for the guys. (imagine how popular you'll be with a 4ft head that looks like an airplane engine!)
    -Floating Balls with jet-engine undersides for the ladies (I always wanted MY noggin to look like a planet with orbiting moons!)

As for HUcasts with the original (kireek) face they tried to redo it for you, but I am of the opinion that it flops. A lot of 'bulbous forehead' is going on, or unneccisary goofball fins. RAcasts...they didn't make an attempt. I don't know how the gals got it as good as they did for re-creation, but they win hands down.

What about Humans/Newmans/Beasts?
    They got the SEVERE AXE on 'personality faces'. Remember the scarred RAmarls/HUmars? No. Makeup for the ladies? No. Eyepatch? No. You can adjust it (meany-brows etc) but...that's about it. Where did all the options go? Into fabulous facial hair! Do you love the folicles of your face? Moustaches, beards, gotees, whatever shape you can carve hair into, they seem to have it. But WHY!! No one ever used the hairy faces before and now they put 20 more of them! It's like the balding oldguy option! NO ONE WANTS FAT ANCIENT NERDS! (with neckbeards)

NPCS-
    They seem to be unique. You can't get LOU's hair, and their outfits are pretty much their own. There won't be any NOL equivelents in PSU.

Surprises!
    Who wants a surprise? I do. As was mentioned earlier you can buy new clothes, so MAYbe robes are an option. And if humans can buy clothes, perhaps androids can buy more armor too, colors, or even diff heads. Android color selection is limeted to about 8, with a slider for your accents...seems slim. You may also be able to buy makeup or tatoos/markings for yourself (its plausible).

Edited again:
    http://www.phantasystardynasty.com/P...TestsPage.html
    this is the page for photos, more will be added as soon as I can get back to the beta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2006-04-23 15:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2006-04-24 20:36 ]</font>

Nice analysis there

So you can buff up the beasts but not the casts? Hmm, I think this makes sense, as Casts are androids, where as Beasts are flesh and blood and can eat loads of protein fat meats? lol

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

I really like making fat characters, as weird as this may sound. I'm glad the "fatness" is more customizable.

The hobo of PSU (seriously I have no meseta) :(

although too much fat is never good @_@

Makes a reeeeeeaally fat HUmar and goes sumoing on monsters. MWAHAHAHAH!!

Other players: o_O'''''

*Voxie
    You can only buff a beast if you get it to transform into the beastly state. No one rises above 'pretty fit' on the natural available slider. Not even a regular beast. Pretty much all males have the same 'wide' limit, making them all quite similar. No one can have an 'outrageous' build over anyone else. Similarly, everyone can be made uber-tiny on the same scale as eachother.

It is frusterating because we KNOW that ST can make big people and maybe even scale them, due to the transformed beasts. They could of given better 'wide' options to the base char models instead of 70 varieties of fat people customizing how your gut rolls go.

But isn't the whole point of beasts using their Nanoblasts to make them even more physically capeable than they already are?

It just wouldn't be right if any character could be buffed up and made huge looking like a beasts "ultimate ability" now would it?

Aw, no robo voice?

That's kind of a let down. Good article, I'll try and add it to our article section and get that going up again.

I need to see all the different armor variations of the male Casts...I'm trying to get some of these for my first big Fanworks project...
    I'm still around.

The hobo of PSU (seriously I have no meseta) :(

3 foot wide anvil head? @_@