Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

I read in the class selection portion how you level up based on how you play. In PSO you picked your class while creating your character. I guess you don't in PSU. Are the Beta players fining it hard or easy to become the type of class you would like to be?

The only put back for me so far is that I cant use magice while in the HU type setting. Other than that its been great, really easy to change although a bit pricey

techn0rganic

Yeah, instead of classes, you select a mode to level, so you could play all 3 equally.

But I assume there's no way to max all 3. It may be like the way mags in pso were.

I would like someone who actually has beta to give us a straight answer on this, some of whats been floating around on these forums appears illogical.

Ok, so You have a character level, and a seperate class level (either force, hunter, ranger). The character level changes and never goes down, your class level only increases if you are set as that class at that time. This all sounds fine, here is where the problem comes.

People claim that class levels dont effect one another. So if I am a lvl 5 hunter and lvl 10 force, when I am in force mode, I get none of the benefits. This can't be, just think about this for a moment. There would be NO purpose in leveling a seperate class. Instead of being a lvl 30 with a force level of 10, I could have had a force level of 15! That would actually increase my characters strength.

From what people are stating, the system in use adds no versatility or refinement to your character. It's completely useless. Someone please tell me (who has beta), whats going on here.

[SN] Shadow Knights Member

^My thoughts exactly...

But maybe just maybe, its purpose is for you to be able to max out all 3 classes. I mean thats the only logical reason I can think of. Like you said, everything I have read is quite illogical

techn0rganic

The reason we just post, is because we got PSU on the brain. That's why I post lots, but then I only know a fraction of anything.

Perhaps as you level, all 3 modes level with you, instead of leveling each mode individually.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2006-04-26 19:13 ]</font>

The point of the system is diversity. If you don't want to put all of your effort into being a force, you can be something else for a while. Sure, you'd probably be better off focusing on one job, but that maybe boring for some people.

Ever play PSO until about 150+ as a character then suddenly just get bored of doing the same thing over and over? Or you need a FO for your group, but no one has one high enough level? Or you just want to make another class but don't wanna level another character all the way to Ultimate? Well this system will help out in all of those situations! I like it alot!

techn0rganic

the ability to send items to yourother characters inventories also helps. Since now you can use all types of weapons.

In pso, you could be a FO finding all sorts of rare swords, but they were totally usless to your FO.

The point of the system is diversity. If you don't want to put all of your effort into being a force, you can be something else for a while. Sure, you'd probably be better off focusing on one job, but that maybe boring for some people.
    I do understand that, but why would I do it on the same character. Instead of having a gimped character that is lvl 2 at every job instead of level 6 at one, why not just make a completely new character to play a hunter, or a new one to play ranger? If the system really wanted to achieve diversity, your success in one class would always affect your character.

I'm hoping at some level a sub-class syste, comes into play, otherwise this game is exactly like PSO class system, but just in disguise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtSassafras on 2006-04-26 19:38 ]</font>