Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was watching one of the videos of a Force playing and a question dawned on me. Since a Force needs to carry a few wands or staves around to alternate between different Technics, is there any way to know which weapon has what? I'd imagine players would have a hard time fumbling through weapons looking for the right one, when they all have the same generic picture of a weapon when scrolling through a list to switch.

Did you notice the colors? The colors coorespond to the type of tech like so:

Yellow= Zonde
    Red= Foie
    Blue= Barta
    Dark Red= Deega
    White= Resta/ anti like tech (forgot name)
    Purple= Dark

That is from what I know. Though I know you can set different element techs to different wands. I guess you just have to have good memory.

I'm not exactly sure what part of the game you're talking about when you refer to colors, but I'm referring to when you bring up the small window where you switch weapons.

For a Force, they'd all just be pictures of the same generic wand or staff, so I'm wondering how one would tell which wand/staff has what Technics.

Well...

The way the weapon symbols work is, if the weapon has an elemental affinty (meaning it has a different coloured photon on it) the symbol for it will be the same colour as its photon affinity.

For example a purple saber will have a purple symbol.

You could use this by say...
    equip a yellow handgun dual wielding with your cane that you have Zonde techniques on.

Also. You can make canes and staves elemental affintys, but it is done slightly differently than making or buying them. To change the colour of the photon on a stave or cane, you must fill all of its tech slots with the same element tech.

For example a green photon (standard) cane will turn red if you put both foie and rafoie on it. This will also change it's symbol red.

Does that help?

Yes... yes it does. I've been hypothesizing different setups in my head, and was wondering what would happen if I had resta and 3 other techs of the same element on the staff. Would it no longer have an affinity since there are two elements on the staff?

Exactly. Since staves take 4 techs its slightly harder to give them an affinty. Resta and the new anti-status spell are both light elemental.

Also as most people should know by now, there seems to be two new classes of spells - Nosu and Damu.

All the basic spells seem to be single projectile attacks.

the Ra series of spells all attack a targeted area with a kind of area-blast.

By the looks of the pictures Gi technique are all moves that surround your character.

So things seem to be quite organised on the technics side.

On 2006-05-21 15:13, Spellbinder wrote:
    Yes... yes it does. I've been hypothesizing different setups in my head, and was wondering what would happen if I had resta and 3 other techs of the same element on the staff. Would it no longer have an affinity since there are two elements on the staff?
    To have an "affinity," all of the techs on the weapon must be from the same family. So, if the three other techs are light-element techs on your Resta staff, you will have a light-element weapon.

If one of the techs on the weapon is not of the same family, you will not gain the boost.

Oh yeah ^

I forgot to mention the boost Ryna is speaking of. Having an elemental affinity on a Fo weapon gives a damage boost to all the technics of that element (so obviously all the technics on the weapon)

On 2006-05-21 15:19, Ryna wrote:
    If one of the techs on the weapon is not of the same family, you will not gain the boost.
    Ah? If I may ask, does anyone know what exactly this boost is?

The hobo of PSU (seriously I have no meseta) :(

what I think they are saying is that if you have all of the same element type techniques (all foies or bartas ect.) then those spells will be more powerful.