Sweet Dreams Release

I'm running through the city, I'm passing by cars, people stores and shops. I feel as light as a feather. I've only been this way a few times, but it doesn't matter. Finally I reach my destination, that which I would defy the laws of physics to reach. The sky has almost instantly turned from pure blue to a sunset orange, just a hint of blue sky in the far horizon.

She walks out back from her work, she smiles at me. She's the one, love seems such a puny term for it, especially the ways it's used now a days. I run up to her and we hug, a light kiss exchanged. She smells wonderful, a light scent impossible to give name to. Her skin against mine is soft and warm. We walk over to a nearby patio table, somehow convientantly located off the edge cliff, dropping down into the horizon. We sit there and lean on one another. We don't exchange words, we don't bother making out. We feel above all that, we are content with each others presence.

Then the world starts to fade, and a dull familiar ache enters my chest. I feel as if I'm crying through the fall of darkness, I'm leaving her again, her and the precious world she lives in. My eyes open, and I'm staring at the familiar white ceiling. The sound of my fan whirring is the only thing I hear. I curse to myself, I woke up again. The ache in my chest is stronger then ever, and I want to cry for my loss.

But I don't, I merely move the covers and get ready for the day. I eat some food, but stop halfway, it tastes bland and I'm just not hungry. I put it in the sink and leave the house to start my day. It all seems to be a blur, passing me up as fast as I run in my dreams. Even the allure of friends seems to mean little, mouths moving, words meaning nothing. I can only endure it, and try to numb the pain in my chest.

I finally get back home, and I lay down. My body isn't that tired, so I merely think of her as I fall asleep. Her short blonde hair and round lensed glasses. She's smart and nice, but still shy. Her body is nothing that would turn heads, she is mostly flat chested, a bit on the skinny side, but I don't really care. Her body isn't why I love her. Her smile and kind face is warming to my thoughts, and I finally drift off to sleep.

I'm in the country now, I don't know where I am, just where I am going. Running along the dirt rode, the tall grass bending behind me from my speed. Then I'm there again, the sky is a sunset, and we're at the cliff. I hug her, oh god how I missed her. We sit down again, locked in each others embrace as she shits on my lap. Then the world starts to fade again, and I want to scream. I don't want to leave her again, I don't, I don't want to.

My eyes shoot open, and I feel a tear run down my face. I lay there and silently cry, why did i have to wake up, WHY? It's night out, I've slept through the afternoon. My heart is screaming to go back, why did I wake up, I don't even need to be awake. My mind drowns itself in the agony of loss, I eventually fall asleep again, but she's not there. I'm huddled in the dark, sad and alone. All I can do is weep. My tears feel real as they slide down my face. They say you can't feel in dreams, but it's a lie. I havbe all my senses, I can see her, feel her, smell her familiar scent. All I can do is sob. When I wake up again, it's morning this time, my eyes are puffy and my pillow is soaked with cold tears.

I want to scream again, but I don't. I force myself up and get ready, I walk out the door, and begin to walk my usual route. Then I stop, I'm not really thinking, I just want to see her again. I begin to change direction, I'm walking out of the city. I'm out of it now, and I'm in the country. I walk down the rode, then begin to sprint. I don't know how long I was running, it was a long time, the sun had truly reached the sunset position.

I turn into a woodsy area, climbing up the steap hill it's on. I scramble, I must reach the top. I must see her again. Tears are streaming down my face as my body screams at me to stop, I've pushed it so hard already running, and now climbing. But I don't care, my body means little. I reach the top, and there is a clearing. It forms the edge of a cliff, and hovering in the air she is there.

I walk out to her, and the world begins to fall up around me, but I keep walking. I reach her, and we hug. I can feel her, she's just as real as any reality, I let a final tear drop in happiness as I hug her. I know I'll hit bottom any second but I don't care. Soon I'll hit and we'll be together forever. I'll sleep forever, and I'll never wake up. We kiss, I feel a large jolt in my body, and we are sitting on the patio again, content with each others presence.