View Poll Results: I think im going to miss having mags, and finding them all over in Mines. Also, the idea of a partne

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mags

7 18.92%
  • Partner Machines

23 62.16%
  • Either

6 16.22%
  • Dont Care

1 2.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I think im going to miss having mags, and finding them all over in Mines. Also, the idea of a partner machine, it doesnt followe you...until it levels up into a humanoid form, does that mean it will fight like an NPC or will it function like the old mag and provide support. I mean the balance needs to be there, especially if Hunters cant heal themselves. Which do you prefer old Mags or Partners Machines?

Version 2 veteran (playing offline)

I always loved mags for fast tuning your char by equiping one.

But the game has changed a lot.
    You can change your stats with the hunter, force and ranger mode.
    Next to that the PM's have nice abilities.

I believe I will love my PM in PSU as much as my mag in PSO.

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

I'm still up in the air. I loved just having your mag follow you, but the PM sounds awesome. I'll wait till I try er out.

Sky Guard Captain

Definately the PM. They are superior to mags though they are both based on the same concept. PMs are what mags were supposed to be I feel. So, I will not miss mags...maybe only as accesories but that is it.

Ill will miss them i mean how cool is it to have a scorpion or cat follow you around and give you free easy stats.

Svm Inimicus Mali

As a fanfiction writer, the concept of PMs gives me the ability to write an extra character for every Guardian I create. With Mags... sure, there's Sato and Nidra, but how the heck do you write a sentient backpack? My vote is squarely in PM territory.

When I first saw the streaming footage of the a combatant PM type back during a PSU preview for PSOs 5th Anniversary late last year, I knew Partner Machinery were truly transcedent of Mags; a whole other level if you will.
    I'll miss Mags, but I think there's now something more sweet to strive for.

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

On 2006-06-08 15:42, Kupi wrote:
    As a fanfiction writer, the concept of PMs gives me the ability to write an extra character for every Guardian I create. With Mags... sure, there's Sato and Nidra, but how the heck do you write a sentient backpack? My vote is squarely in PM territory.
    Actually, kinda funny, I used to write mags as characters, but they also did roles the PM will do in PSU (i.e. take care of house, etc.) I guess I called that one.

Im a PM person. I like the Mag idea, it provided a good bit of work as a Mag Maker. Id build a Mag to max level and sell it to relatively new players and make a bit of money on the side. Especailly for the cooler looking Mags. But you could probably to that with the new PMs too. But Ill probably be more into raising a PM by myself for me only. I wouldnt want to buy one premade.

The mags were a cool idea with poor implementation. It was far too easy to get access to powerful weapons at extremely low levels by raising your stats with a level 200 mag that was given to you by a higher-level character. This is also probably why they ditched mags for Partner Machinery.

And no, PMs won't follow you around and provide stats when you level them up. From what I understand, they fight with you (although I don't think any beta testers were able to level their PM up high enough to say for sure one way or the other).