Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've been going through a lot of drama lately, and I just need to vent it out...

Take for instance, this event that took place not but a couple of months ago.
    A week before Thanksgiving. My mom and stepdad were driving home from church. (I was at my grandma's for the weekend) My stepdad was driving (He's black, and in a hick town, that's not so good.) and is pulled over for a license plate light being out (WTF?) They take him and mom out of the car and run his license. Then, they say he's an illegal alien and hauled him off to jail. (He's lived here for all of his life, but his mom birthed him in Jamaica. That's the stupid part. She gave birth to him there, then immediately came back over and stayed in America without getting him any papers or anything.)

So here we are, going out to the jail, getting attourneys, etc. when out of the blue they're sending him to Jamaica because he was born there. I was absolutely infuriated the night I came home to find this out. Who pulls someone over for a license plate light going out and then deports them? No one, that's who. Except if you're black and you're driving a car in an all white town, I guess.

Oh, but it gets even better. We tried getting him a citizenship in Canada or Mexico, whichever one worked out. No go; apparently, if you're deported from America, you're deported from Canada and Mexico too. Bullshit, I say. Utter bullshit.

So now, he's in a Third world country, we're low on funds because JUST BEFORE he got deported, we started building a new house. Had we known what would've happened, we would've never even considered it. Now, the house is finished, but for some reason the bank won't give us the key move into it because of loan technicalities. So now, we're stuck paying two house payments, trying to support a man in another country with virtually no hope of ever coming back, and trying to support ourselves as well. It's all a big mess.

And then, hoo boy, it gets even better!
    Bush has the gall to give amnesty to illegal Hispanics. How can you do that?
    "There's too many of them to round up"

Bullshit. You've got illegal Mexicans marching the streets boycotting for one. Didja do anything to them? They shouldn't be to hard to round up. THEY'RE RIGHT THERE. The reason they gave amnesty to them is because they work for pennies, not because of this "too difficult to catch" bullshit.
    You can't give amnesty to one race, but none of the others. I look forward to Bush's retirement from office.

My mom's had several nervous breakdowns because of this whole ordeal, financially and emotionally, and I'm on the verge of having one myself. I can't bear to see her in pain and struggle like this.
    She works three to four 12 hour days every week as a rehab nurse, and takes any extra work she can find, and everyday she comes home exhausted. I hardly get to see her that much anymore, and it saddens me.

All because of someone getting pulled over for something so minor it's not even funny, (my ma drove that same car all week afterward and no one pulled her over) and being deported for a mistake they didn't even make.

The part that really burns me up is that he worked at Miami University for 4 years before he was deported. HE WORKED FOR THE GOVERNMENT. They're so stupid, they just deported someone working for them. If they really wanted to deport him, couldn't they have done it then instead of trying to catch him with a faulty license plate light and arresting him? Guess not.

Luckily, he now has a job at Air Jamaica and we can get free flights to and from, which is great.

Sorry if that was a bit long, but I just had to get all this anger out of me. He is the sweetest man on earth, everyone in my family loves him, and even my friends think he's cool! He payed his taxes, and even worked for the government. He's done nothing wrong, and they decide to arrest and deport him to a country he knows nothing about.

But really, it just goes to show you just how well the "system" works. America the Melting Pot? Pssh. Not unless they're trying to cook mushroom soup.

thats really retarded. I think that they shouldnt deport as long as you speak american. I cant believe some people could have the nerve to wreck other peoples lives like that. Im really sorry that happened

Wow. That kind of pisses me off, too. I don't believe the government should have the right to deport someone who has been living in American for all of his life except for his birth.

I don't really know what to tell you, except I hope you guys can get something worked out.

Is there an update on the story?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-07-01 10:42 ]</font>

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Hope he can get out of the Caribbean cause I know first hand how horrible it is there.

Down for the Getdown

The best advice I can give you is just try as hard as possible to stay strong. Your mom needs you now more than ever, and you gotta be there for her. If you break down too, well y'all are just two broken people and that won't get you anywhere.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

I wouldn't necessarily turn this around and berate immigrants from Mexico. Illegal or not.

If anything they would support you as well knowing that living and working in America is something people do strive for in their lives. And to have that taken away in one fell swoop of local police hands sounds really ridiculous, I don't care how deep your hate is towards other human beings who are not the same color as you.

This is an injustice against your stepdad, but as you can see he's picked up the pieces that someone broke and is moving on. Its all he can do. Talk to him and your mom more than ever now just to figure out what you guys are going to do from here on out.

Paying two house payments is beyond one single parent's requirements, and of course would be stressful. Don't give in to the debt and perhaps there are ways to cut your losses regardless of how much was put in, you know? You might want to reconsider some things and alleviate some stress by giving up a dream and working towards reuniting with your step father.

Ping, The Magic Beaver Cleaver

100% genuine Bush-ism.

I wish you the best of lck though, through this hard time.

I like girls.

I hate it when people are raceist, why does it even matter what colour you are?

Anyways i hope your situation gets better.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Welcome to the human race. Fulll of racist, anti-semetic and all out fucking stupid assholes who think about nothing but themselves. And people look at me strage when I tell them I hate all of humantiy.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.