Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

::NOTE::
    I in no way proclaim myself as the PSU guru, so any corrections would be completely appreaciated! This is a joint effort so if anyone has any other Q&A that you think would contribute to this FAQ, go right ahead and post.

1. For What systems has PSU been officially announced for?

It has been officially announced and confirmed that it will come to PC, PS2 and the XB360. There's no news of PSU coming for the Wii.

2. What is the release date for PSU in Japan, U.S. and EU?

Japan - August 31, 2006
    U.S. - Fall 2006
    EU - Fall 2006

NO there is no CLEAR date for US and Europe.

3. I'm confused; I heard there's a PC version, a PS2 version and an Xbox 360 version. Which are connected together?

AS OF NOW we know that the PC and PS2 version will be linked for sure. As for the 360 version, at first there was
    an announcement that it was not going to be connected but in the interview with the producer of PSU, he stated
    that the issue hasn't been completely decided yet. So for now, this is still in the air but with things like the
    360 having voice chat and 'usually' closing games into its own network, it would seem possible that they separate
    it, UNLESS they do it like in Final Fantasy XI.

4. How different or how similar is it to PSO?

People mainly say its PSO only faster and better. From the gameplay videos you can clearly see the similarity with
    PSO but there are a lot of differences as well, here are some differences and similarities:

1. Weapons decide the skills you will have. Think of .hack ^_^
    2. You can shoot guns in first person view, you won't be able to move though.
    3. Like PSO, THERE IS NO JUMP action. [Not that I mind but apparently some people do]
    4. There is no type of 'Team'/'Guild' system in PSU.
    5. You do not pick a definite race and class combination like in PSO, instead you pick a race first and then it's class. You can choose between Hunter, Ranger and Force. You can switch between them with a fee paid by Meseta. It is still unknown how financially easy or hard it will be to continually change classes. There will be two different levels, job levels and normal levels which affect the main stats of your character.
    6. NO you DO NOT have a primary and secondary class [Not like Guild Wars], you just literally switch classes.
    7. Lobbies are bigger, with various levels and hold a lot more people. They can hold up to 1,000 people.
    8. Androids/Casts can be Forces now and Newmen can be Hunters and Rangers now.

** Those are the core questions, mostly regarding gameplay and its what people usually ask in the forums again and again. For more information try PSOW's Guide to PSU, which has a lot of information
    itself.

Here's the link to a very good in depth FAQ: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...cle&artid=2368

5. Will PSU use a Hard Drive?

NO, PSU WILL NOT USE A HARD RIVE. No, just because your PC has a Hard Drive it does not mean it'll use it more than the PS2. It’s been stated though that they'll implement patches and such to the PS2 memory card, so no worries about glitches and exploits.

6. Which system should I play on?

This is purely an issue of taste and financial ability. The PC has the ability of sporting more advanced graphics
    than the PS2 but some people don't have PCs new enough to be able to play it smoothly, so they're better off with
    the PS2 version. The 360 version will probably sport visuals equal to those of the PC but with the ability to play it in HDTV and possibly at a smoother and constant Framerate. Other things to be taken into consideration are the servers.

PC and PS2 are officially going to be linked while the 360 is still unknown. For obvious reasons [the fact that most people have a PC and that the PS2 is financially easier to acquire when compared to the 360] the PC and PS2 population [in the case the 360 version is not linked] would have a higher population.

Even though the Xbox 360 has voice chat in its games, it is still not sure if it will be implemented into PSU [For example FFXI does not have voice chat implemented, instead you can use the four 1 on 1 voice chats which you switch between them and is a feature of the 360 system, not of the game], this is especially true if they do link the game to the other servers.

7. Will there be offline split-screen or any type of offline component that isn't story mode?

THERE WILL BE NO OFFLINE SPLIT-SCREEN. There is EXTRA MODE though, which is pretty much the offline version of the online world that many people have asked for. You can make a customizable character like if you were online and you can play through the same stages. THIS CHARACTER IS RESTRICTED TO PLAY OFFLINE.

8. Is it true that PSU will use Server side saving? / Where is my online character stored?

Yes, PSU will use server side saving, which means it is stored in Sega's Servers. This in turn will prevent cheating since people would have to actually hack the servers. Also it will help prevent character data corruption.

9. Any news on a Beta for PSU on the Xbox 360?

No

10. Will dial up work with this game? (Ether)

The game is not out so its hard to tell, but given the lag people got in the beta, playing psu with dial up probably won't be an enjoyable experience.

11. Will Androids and Newmans still have their regenerate abilities(auto-restore HP/TP)?Will Androids still have traps? (Ether)

There is no regeneration for any race. Traps are now usuable by everyone.

12. Will Androids have a slot built-in on them for the SUV's or will they take up a current slot of the(supposed) 4? (Ether) (Kyuu)

There are four unit slots: head, arm, body, and extra. SUV weapons go in the extra slot.

Casts don't get an additional slot to compensate for losing their "extra slot" to their SUV weapons. For other races, you get to put nifty little units in there (presumably you can forgo the SUV weapon and put a unit there for Casts, if you prefer).

13. Do armors still have slots? (Kyuu)

Armors no longer have slots in PSU. Units go in the "extra" unit slot.

14. Are there still creature percentages in weapons? (Kyuu)

There are no creature %s this time around, instead weapons have elements, and creatures and strong or weak against certain elements.

For example, a fire-element sword (swords with elements could only be built from Item Synthesis in the beta, I believe) with a 22% fire ratio would deal 22% extra damage to fire-weak enemies, and 22% less damage to fire-resistent enemies. And no, you don't get burning/freeze/paralysis status effects from elemental weapons. Those are limited to elemental bullets for ranged weapons and as effects from techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-07-04 15:05 ]</font>
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

I am the movie

I hate to break it to you, but PSO has never had jumping. I think you may be confussing the attack animation of certain weopons as posted in another thread.

Sorry, my mistake, I have a problem with sentence order lol Its fixed now though, wanted to say that LIKE IN PSO, there is no Jump action XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-06-30 10:24 ]</font>

If you have something new to add, submit the info to Ryna so he can append to the site's existing PSU FAQs.
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...cle&artid=2368
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

On 2006-06-30 10:32, Dhylec wrote:
    If you have something new to add, submit the info to Ryna so he can append to the site's existing PSU FAQs.
    Honestly, we really do need a sticked FAQ on this forum. It's quite obvious that many people simply hop on the forum without paying any attention at all to the rest of the site, and the point is to curb the number of threads asking the same questions which have been answered over, and over, and over...

omg i'm SPY

What system will you play on!?

Nobody really cares, honestly.

What class/race will you be!?

What will your character name be!?

Is there voice-chat support?

Natively, no. Of course, the Xbox Live network does allow it's users to communicate through voice-chat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ajenteks on 2006-06-30 10:43 ]</font>

Lord of the Antedeluvians

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the single player storyline will be connected to PSO or the classic Phantasy Star games? I looked on the PSU faq and it didn't say much about this.

omg i'm SPY

On 2006-06-30 10:40, isahn80 wrote:
    This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the single player storyline will be connected to PSO or the classic Phantasy Star games? I looked on the PSU faq and it didn't say much about this.
    Same universe, but no real connection to any previous Phantasy Star titles.

I'll check it out and I'll submit if I have anything new, which I doubt since it covers what I said and more >_> I guess the convenience of a FAQ like this is that it goes to the point in some questions -shrugs- Anyways I'll let the forum itself decide I'm not offended if this doesn't get much attention XD but yes the forum needs a sticky, even if its just a sticky to the article >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-06-30 10:48 ]</font>

omg i'm SPY

Inflexibility like this will be the downfall of this community, mark my words :/

On 2006-06-30 10:43, Rubesahl wrote:
    I'll check it out and I'll submit if I have anything new, which I doubt since it covers what I said and more >_> I guess the convenience of a FAQ like this is that it goes to the point in some questions -shrugs- Anyways I'll let the forum itself decide I'm not offended if this doesn't get much attention XD but yes the forum needs a sticky, even if its just a sticky to the article >_>
    Ahhh, wisdom. How refreshing!