Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've read a few posts on this forum already from people saying that the game will be hit by currency farmers which will ruin things.

I've played PSO since PSO for DC and it has always been WELL too easy to duplicate items. For PS2 and Xbox versions, this will be extremely easy to do, as it was for DC and is for GC. This alone would ruin any kind of ingame trade system or currency economy.

I'm unsure about PC versions, although the fact that the game has an offline mode means that the it will be extremely easy to hack and do a lot more than just dupe.

Given STs track record with protection against cheats, I think it's worth forgetting about a stable economy. It's a shame because ST don't seem to learn from their previous mistakes.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

You havent looked at any of the articles on this site about PSU have you?

Online mode is entirely seperate from offline. You can not make your character offline then take it online. Everything on online mode is saved on the server not the client. In order to cheat online you have to hack into the server. The game is also using a new anti-cheat system called gameguard.

Sonicteam has learned from their mistakes. Have you ever played PSOBB? There is no hacks on psobb. There was a bug on psobb that made duping possible but that was fixed before it ruined the economy thanks to sonicteam actually monitoring the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-07-17 17:51 ]</font>
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

I could be wrong (I'm not) but everything that I've read says that your character and all information associated with it will be stored server side, the extra game play mode is in no way connected with online play. Everything that has been released thus far says that this game is very different from the others. To me it seems like PSU is going to share more in common with the D&D online game (I'm sorry, I dont know what the official name is, someone in the office here plays, not me) than with the PSO games.

Mmmkay, let me get this across.

Where there's an online game, there are farmers. Simple as that. Can't be helped.

Stop freaking out about the economy, the game hasn't even been released. RELAX. CHILL.

As for duping, not gonna happen. The Offline and Online are completely seperate, which takes a lot of measures against dupes. Hacking won't be possible, because from what I've read, Sonic Team's making much bigger protective measures to help PSU be a good game.

economy smonomy. you are worrying over nothing.

Yeah, duping isn't going to happen. Even if some loophole in the programming is found that allows for duping online, it'll get patched over very quickly and no lasting harm will be done. PSO:BB has only one GM and pretty iffy support and they managed that, and it's almost certain PSU will have much more in the way of support.

As far as currency farming goes, that's not really something you can do as effectively in a game like this. Of course, anyone can make a character who does nothing but collect meseta and never buys anything, but that'd be a big pain with the way PSU works and there would probably be very little gain, so I don't anticipate meseta farming/selling to be much of an issue.

Down for the Getdown

On 2006-07-17 18:30, Kyuu wrote:

As far as currency farming goes, that's not really something you can do as effectively in a game like this. Of course, anyone can make a character who does nothing but collect meseta and never buys anything, but that'd be a big pain with the way PSU works and there would probably be very little gain, so I don't anticipate meseta farming/selling to be much of an issue.
    Unless of course they form teams (like there was in FFXI) and farm rares and the like and then sell them in thier shops.

On 2006-07-17 18:31, DizzyDi wrote:

Unless of course they form teams (like there was in FFXI) and farm rares and the like and then sell them in thier shops.
    Well yes, but there's not much that can be done about that, except for good GM policing and banning offenders' accounts/ISPs. Also, it still shouldn't be nearly as big a problem as it is in, say, WoW, because it likely won't be nearly so popular. Farmers go where the customers are, and unless PSU has a really unbelievable level of popularity, there won't be much reason for them to leave games like FFXI and WoW.

This is one of those 'We shall see...' topics.

WoW has a problem with farming? All the good gear is bind on pickup. And the inflation helped low levels who could just sell ores and cloth to bored high levels for insane prices

I could care less about the economy in PSU, not like it'll turn into FFXI where you need to farm 3 months to get [insert item here] to get party invites