I was just wondering, seeing as I play offline, if the game actually tallies the number of kills I make and saves the data to increase slightly my chances of a rare dropping. I've always had the idea that since I play offline, when I quit to save and load my file, the number of kills I make restarts so the chance of a rare is totally random, and that the drop charts will be useless to me. I'm just wondering is all, in case I find the Seal J Sword before I die. Sorry if it's a stupid question. I ain't no Noob to the game since I have loads of rares, and have 6 characters in ultimate after 2 corruptions over approx. 2 years, just so you know.
    Family guy-Stewie>>>'Brian, i'll be surrounded by sea men. Sperm whales and sea men. oh look, a swallow.' <<<<<<best line ever.

Porkchop Sandwiches

No, the drop charts are pretty much your only guide. The game doesn't tally your kills (unless you have a SJS that you want to unseal). Anyway, no the number of enemies that you kill has nothing to do with the drop rate.

The game doesn't keep track of your kills (except for the Sealed J sword which has space in the game code for a kill counter.) Aside from that, there is no tally that affects the drop rates. It's all just random luck.

Let's pretend you're hunting Chain Sawd. Everytime you kill a Vulmer, there is a 1/1051 chance that your red box will drop. This may sound fairly intimidating, but think of how many Vulmers run around in the Addicting Food quest, and all is better.

Basically, there is no tally, and the drops are determined with each individual enemy as they are killed. Killing multiple forms of that enemy will increase your chances of getting an item, obviously. It's not quite a tally, but it works the same way to some extent.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Exactly, the more enemies that drop the weapon, the better your chance of finding whatever it is that you're looking for.

So basically I should give up looking for 11stars such as the SJS or that 11star bazooka. Man so unfair. So much for the drop charts as a guide. Oh well thanks guys.

You can delete this thread now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tweengo on 2006-08-02 11:15 ]</font>
    Family guy-Stewie>>>'Brian, i'll be surrounded by sea men. Sperm whales and sea men. oh look, a swallow.' <<<<<<best line ever.

i got a double saber on my first Vhard nano dragon. the drop rate is like 1/116.

it's all about luck.

Porkchop Sandwiches

So basically I should give up looking for 11stars such as the SJS or that 11star bazooka.
    You don't really have to give up looking for them. When I look for stuff, I usualy don't find it. On the other hand, when I'm not looking for stuff I usually find stuff.

Yeah same with me too. Er, do the mods delete this thread or does the creator have to delete it, 'cause if I do, I don't know how?

Er, do the mods delete this thread or does the creator have to delete it, 'cause if I do, I don't know how?
    Users can't delete their own topics. Mods do not delete a topic just because the OP think it's done. If you want to discontinue your topic, a lock will serve the purpose.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?