Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Aphrodite swung out her arm and a bolt of lightning zapped the switch. She and Amanda quickly ducked back into the door. Cerberus and HitmanJ both turned to the blast. They looked up to see the switch still partially shielded. Cerberus fired destroying the device. The Dubchichs all fell lifeless to the ground.

"A cloaked switch." HitmanJ mused, "Volt Opt is full of new surprises."

"I hate surprises." Cerberus mumbled.

"Let's go!" Striker called running for the door.

"He's going to get us all killed." Deepfreeze grumbled.

"Come on." Cerberus said patting Deepfreeze on the shoulder.

They continued through the mines, encountering resistance in every room. The two girls hung back until the room was clear before following.

"The monument room should be on the other side of this one." HitmanJ said as he read his map.

"Then let's got." Striker said bolting through the door.

"Striker!" Deepfreeze yelled and tried to grab him.

Striker bolted across the room and to the far door. Red lights on it indicated it was locked. Two Garanz materialized in front of him. The tank like robots rose up and rolled forward aiming their rocket launchers.

"Oh crap." Striker muttered.

The others hurried to Strikers rescue but were stopped by two Baranz that appeared in front of them. The Baranz looked identical to Garanz except they were blue instead of green with heavier armor and a lot more fire power. The trouble with these robots was, as you strip away their armor, more launchers are exposed increasing their fire power.

"Hitman, take the right, Cerberus, take the left!" Deepfreeze barked.

Photon bullets rained out from the rangers blasting armor panels away. HitmanJs robot went down before it could fire a shot. The others Baranz let loose a volley of rockets.

"Scatter!" Deepfreeze barked.

The three rangers split up narrowly avoiding the rockets. Striker was busy dodging the constant barrage from the Garanz. A swarm of rockets exploded directly behind him. The explosion sent him flying. He landed directly in front of Cerberus who hauled him up by the collar.

"Run." Cerberus said and bolted away.

Striker took off right behind him. A swarm of rockets exploded right where they had been standing. Deepfreeze and HitmanJ met up by the locked door. The two Garanz were close behind. They let off a few shots but this only exposed more launchers. They scampered away running into Cerberus and Striker at the middle of the room. The three machines closed in pinning them down.

"We'll have to stand our ground." Deepfreeze said.

"We are so going to die." Striker groaned.

They began attacking as the machines continued to close. All three let loose rockets that rained down on the team. They disappeared in a ball of fire. The blast scorched flesh and warped metal. The pain was unbearable. Deepfreeze could feel his life force disappearing then suddenly sparkles swirled around them and a healing light past through them. Their wounds had been healed.

"There's a force here." Deepfreeze said as he continued firing.

The machines fired again. The humans braced for the pain. Aphrodite raised her hand and cast Resta on the team healing them again.

"I can't keep doing this." She said.

"They can't stand much more of this." Amanda replied, "We have to help them, but how?"

"I'll bet a double blast of Rafoie would take them out." Aphrodite said.

"I can't do techniques yet!" Amanda exclaimed.

"You can do Rafoie." Aphrodite said, "We saw that."

"And it nearly killed me." Amanda replied.

"Don't worry I've got lots of monofluid." Aphrodite smiled.

Amanda frowned. It wasn't that she was worried about what would happen to her. That was just an excuse. She was more concerned with what might happen to the others. Without proper mental control she couldn't direct her attack. Everyone might get hit then she'd kill those she was trying to save. That lack of control frightened her now. Aphrodite cast Resta again as the group got pounded.

"Amanda they need our help!" Aphrodite cried.

Amanda nodded. Aphrodite was right. The boys needed her and she wasn't about to let them down.

"Let's do it." Amanda said.

Aphrodite took Amanda's hand. The girls stretched out their free hands. Amanda closed her eyes and pictured the fire. Just as before it burned hotter and brighter the more she concentrated. She tried focusing on the machines. The fire swirled around in her head. It was so hot she couldn't stand it anymore.

"Ready." She whispered.

"Now!" Aphrodite cried.

Two giant explosions flashed over the group. One concentrated and controlled hitting only the machines. The other was more powerful but uncontrolled and hit everyone. Amanda slumped to the ground. Aphrodite sat her up then pulled a bottle of monofluid from her pack. Amanda could feel her mental energy drain away. Her vision was blurry and the voices were distorted. She tried moving but her body was paralyzed. Aphrodite placed the bottle to Amanda's lips and helped her drink. Her vision cleared and her mental energy quickly returned. Deepfreeze sat up and groaned. His uniform was torn and he was badly burned. He quickly cast Resta healing everyone's wounds. Cerberus sat up and looked at his right shoulder.

"Has anyone seen my arm." He said.

"I've got it." HitmanJ said.

He picked it up as he was walking by and had to drag it over to Cerberus.

"Man this thing is heavy." He groaned.

"Really, I hadn't noticed." Cerberus smiled.

He picked the arm up and reattached it. Deepfreeze walked over to the girls and stared down at them. Aphrodite looked up at him.

"Hi." She said sheepishly.

"You girls shouldn't be here." Deepfreeze stated.

"Sorry." Aphrodite said softly.

"However." Deepfreeze continued, "You did save our lives. For that, I am in your debt."

"Glad we could help." Aphrodite smiled slightly.

"Is she all right?" Deepfreeze nodded at Amanda.

"She will be." Aphrodite said softly, "Just drained all her mental energy."

"Without proper training that can be deadly." Deepfreeze frowned.

"It was my fault." Aphrodite said, "I convinced her to do it."

"No it wasn't." Deepfreeze said flatly, "You may have pushed but the decision was ultimately hers."

Aphrodite just nodded.

"The question remains." Deepfreeze straightened, "What are you doing here?"

"A friend of ours was kidnapped." Aphrodite explained, "We thought if we followed you we might find out where she is."

Deepfreeze smiled and turned back to his team. Amanda finished the monofluid and climbed to her feet. Deepfreeze said something to his group then turned to the girls.

"We can't send you back now." He said, "That would alert Black Paper but we can't have you following us unarmed."

Cerberus gave Aphrodite his saber and Deepfreeze gave Amanda his hand gun. He turned back to his team and began discussing their next move. The girls stared at their new weapons for a moment then smiled and switched. Deepfreeze turned back to see Aphrodite eyeing the sight and Amanda taking a few practice swings with the saber. Deepfreeze smiled. She handled the saber like a pro. Cerberus stepped up beside him.

"She's defiantly the one." He nodded.

Deepfreeze just smiled. Aphrodite over heard them and stopped with a puzzled look.

"One what?" She asked.

Amanda had fenced her way down to the others and out of earshot.

"Can you keep a secret?" Deepfreeze asked.

Aphrodite nodded quickly.

"We're looking for a fourth team member and your friend is top candidate." Deepfreeze said softly.

"But you all ready have four people." Aphrodite said with a puzzled look.

"Striker is only with us because he begged to come." Cerberus replied.

"We'd really like to have a hunter and a force but with only one spot open we have to take the only class that offers the benefits of both." Deepfreeze explained.

"HUnewearl." Aphrodite stated, "Well you couldn't have asked for a better girl. Amanda's the best. Or she will be."

"That's some high praise." Cerberus chuckled.

"Amanda huh?" Deepfreeze mused, "She's lucky to have a friend like you."

"Aphrodite at your service." She bowed.

"Cute." Deepfreeze smiled.

"JERK!"

They turned to see Amanda cross armed and glaring angrily at Striker who was rubbing his cheek.

HitmanJ laughed then said. "That's why I wear this mask."

Amanda huffed then stomped back to Aphrodite and the two rangers.

"I don't know how you can work with a jerk like that." She grumbled.

"What did he do?" Aphrodite asked.

"He was hitting on me." Amanda sighed, "At least I think he was. He seemed to think that insults were funny then he tried to slap my butt."

"If he's smart, he won't mess with you again." Cerberus said.

"Let's get moving people." Deepfreeze waved.

Amanda glared at Striker as he walked by.

"That wasn't very nice." Aphrodite whispered.

"I know." Amanda sighed, "But it wasn't you he tried to grab, and it made me feel better."

The group stepped through the door and into the monument room. There was a narrow walkway leading to a plateau that rose up from the dark abyss. The monument sat at the far end of the plateau which was covered in computer terminals. There were only two men operating the stations. The monuments had turned out to be keys. Once all three had been activated the ruins were unsealed. Teams had been sent to the forest, caves, and mines to deactivate them and reseal the ruins but it had been too late and the evil had escaped. One of the men saw the group and started to draw his gun. Deepfreeze quickly threw out his hand.

"Chill out for a moment." He said as Gibarta shot out in a fan pattern freezing him.

"A one liner, really?" HitmanJ smirked.

The other was just out of range. He started to pull his gun but Cerberus warned him not to as he had his Wals pointed right at the man. Deepfreeze marched up and took his gun.

"Your not supposed to be in here." The man stammered.

The ice began to crack and break. Aphrodite snatched the hand gun as soon as he was free.

"I have questions." Deepfreeze stated, "And your going to provide me with answers."

"I don't know anything." The man shook.

"Judging by the equipment in here, I'd say you know quite a bit." Deepfreeze said.

"It's just surveillance equipment." The man said, "We only use it for assessing hunters."

"So you can decide which ones to take." Deepfreeze glared at him.

The man quickly nodded.

"Where do you take them?" Cerberus asked.

"I don't know." The man replied, "The elite guard handles that."

"And where might we find them?" Deepfreeze asked.

"They don't tell us." He replied, "Only the Black Hound knows that."

Deepfreeze let out a slight gasp and stepped back.

"What?" Amanda asked, "Who is the Black Hound?"

"A very dangerous android." Cerberus replied.

"He's supposed to be dead." HitmanJ added.

"I heard it was our very own Deepfreeze that finished him off saving Ash." Striker finished.

"So your the one." The other man said, "Black Hound speaks of you often. The ice ranger that defeated him. He seeks his revenge you know."

"Looks like he will get his chance." Deepfreeze said, "Where do we find him?"

"In the ruins." The man said, "But you'll never get past Volt Opt. And that's the only way in."

"We've handled him before." HitmanJ waved.

"Fine, but consider yourselves warned." The man said.

"Noted." Deepfreeze growled.

"Now if you don't mind, we have work to do." The other man grumbled.

"I think you fellows are quite done." Deepfreeze said, "Aphrodite, if you please."

"What?" She snapped alert.

"Some Gizonde please." Deepfreeze said.

"What for?" She asked.

"The computers." Deepfreeze sighed.

"Oh right." She nodded.

Electric bolts flashed all around them passing through the computers frying every circuit.

"Thank you." Deepfreeze said.

"No problem." Aphrodite giggled.

"Not playing with a full deck I think." Striker whispered to HitmanJ.

"Look who's talking." HitmanJ replied jabbing him in the ribs.

"Come on." Deepfreeze said as he headed for the door.

The two Black Paper members watched them leave. The one turned to his partner.

"Black Hound is not going to like this."

"Well, I think you should have kept your mouth shut." The other one scoffed.

"Come on, we'd better disappear before Black Hound finds out."

They grabbed up their personal items and ran for the transporter as fast as they could.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 12, 2016 at 09:39 PM.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

CHAPTER SEVEN

The control room was through a door located at the end of a long room. Deepfreeze stood in the doorway holding Striker by the collar. Once again Striker had tried to rush in but Deepfreeze had grabbed him. Deepfreeze knew this room well. It was heavily guarded by Gillchichs and Sinow Red's. Once you got rid of them a Garanz would appear at each door trapping you in. He glared down at Striker.

"No running in." He said, "We all stick together. Everyone watches everyone's back."

He released Striker and drew his Final Impact. Cautiously he entered the room with the team filing in right behind him. Right on cue four Gillchichs appeared along each wall. They rose up straight and floated forward aiming at the intruders.

"Take em down!" Deepfreeze barked, "Amanda, Striker, take any that get too close."

Amanda and Striker nodded holding their swords ready. Shots flew out blasting holes into their armor. Aphrodite fired her gun as fast as she could but failed to hit anything.

"You know your suppose to hit them with it!" Striker yelled.

"Hey, I'm a force. We're not known for our accuracy!" She yelled back.

"I'll say." Striker said.

Aphrodite growled and blasted the Gillchichs with Rafoie. Even with circuits fried they continued to close. Striker took a swing slicing one in half.

"I got one!" He cried.

He looked back to see it crawling for him.

"Figures." He muttered.

A second one drew back ready to punch him in the back. As it threw the punch, Amanda's saber swung down slicing off it's hand.

"Thanks." Striker quipped as he chopped off the crawling one's head.

HitmanJ's mechguns tore away at one until it fell and blew into pieces. Aphrodite continued to alternate between techniques and the hand gun. She was starting to get the hang of it. Cerberus concentrated on the more distant ones as Deepfreeze laid down spread fire. As the Gillchichs continued to move in, it became more difficult for the rangers to fight. Striker swung his sword as fast as he could beating back two or even three at a time. Amanda parried and ducked and dodged, slicing pieces away until the Gillchichs were immobilized then she'd move on to the next. Deepfreeze marveled at the amount of skill coming from the rookie. He was glad her friend was with them too. There was nothing more reassuring than having a force by your side. She too showed exceptional skill with her techniques. They finally whittled it down to one which they quickly finished off. There was no time to relax as three Sinow Reds materialize on the ceiling.

"Here they come!" Deepfreeze yelled.

The Sinow Reds dropped from the ceiling and immediately leapt at the group with daggers drawn. They landed in a triangle in the center of the hunters. The lead Sinow lashed out knocking Cerberus to his back then swung around knocking Deepfreeze on his face. The one on the right sent HitmanJ flying and lashed out at Striker, shorting out his energy barrier, cutting through his uniform and slightly into his chest. He fell grabbing at the wound. The left one swung at Aphrodite who turned her head and braced for the strike. It never came. She looked back to see Amanda standing in front of her with her saber locked into the Sinow's dagger. Aphrodite wasted no time in casting Barta freezing the Sinow solid. HitmanJ sat up and began firing at his Sinow Red before it could attack Striker again. Cerberus swung his leg around tripping the Sinow. Deepfreeze rolled out of the way then jumped to his feet. They both began blasting away before the Sinow could get up. They stopped, leaving a crater where the Sinow's head used to be. Striker climbed to his feet and helped HitmanJ finish off his Sinow Red. Amanda and Aphrodite began hacking and blasting at theirs but it quickly broke free. It leapt back and cast Resta. The two Baranz appeared just as the Sinow Red finished with Shifta and Deband buffing all three.

"Not good." Deepfreeze said sternly, "This is not good."

The Baranz activated pulsing red and blue.

"That's the understatement of the century!" Striker gasped.

The Sinow Red leapt at the girls again stronger and tougher. The Baranz moved in on the group.

"Amanda, Striker, take that Sinow!" Deepfreeze barked, "Everyone else take out the Baranz."

"I see Volt Opt upgraded his two guardians as well." HitmanJ said.

"Did you expect anything else?" Deepfreeze replied.

HitmanJ shook his head and started firing. Cerberus joined him while Aphrodite helped Deepfreeze attack the other one. Amanda and Striker chased the Sinow Red around the room. Every time they struck, it would jump back and heal. Every time it healed it automatically recast Shifta and Deband.

"This is getting us no where." Amanda said.

"No kidding." Striker replied, "It's a good thing your cute."

He rushed forward for anouther attack.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She called then followed.

"You have an incredible knack for stating the obvious." Striker said while dodging a strike, "Makes me wonder if there's a brain behind that pretty face."

"If this Sinow doesn't kill you." Amanda said ducking a swing then lashed out with her own, "I will!"

Striker smiled then landed a strike to the Sinow's chest plate. The Sinow Red hesitated for a second to assess the damage. Amanda leapt at it rolling under it's right arm and came up behind it.

"Striker now!" She yelled and slashed at it's leg severing it just below the knee.

As the Sinow fell it swung an arm back. It's dagger tip punched through Amanda's barrier field and nicked her right arm. Her hand instinctively let go of the saber as she fell back. Striker swung down at the Sinow cutting it's left arm as it fell. It landed with a clunk then spun it's right arm around sinking it's dagger into Striker's right leg. He cried out as the photon blade burned his flesh. Aphrodite turned to the cry and quickly zapped the Sinow with a blast of Zonde. Striker was knocked away receiving a large shock. The Sinow twitched then started crawling for Amanda. She quickly picked up the saber and drove it into the Sinows head. It twitched one last time then lay still. Deepfreeze grabbed Aphrodite and hauled her away avoiding a missile blast. Cerberus and HitmanJ continued to circle their Baranz making it harder for it to hit them. Once the Shifta and Deband wore off it was easy to chip away at the remaining armor. HitmanJ quickly finished off his Baranz with his mechguns then he and Cerberus helped Deepfreeze and Aphrodite bring down theirs. There was a loud clang and the door to the monitor room unlocked. Aphrodite cast Resta healing everyone's wounds. Amanda pulled open the tear in her sleeve and saw a scar where the Sinow Red had cut her. She sighed as she let go of the sleeve. Striker gave her a pat on the shoulder.

"Don't feel bad. I lost this fighting the Sinow Whites back on Coral." He said pointing to his right eye.

"Did it hurt?" She asked softly.

"Like you wouldn't believe." He smiled then rejoined the group.

She watched him go. He could be a real jerk most of the time but when you really needed him, he was there. She chuckled softly. She still wanted to strangle him but she was starting to respect him too. She hurried over to Aphrodite who was in the middle of a conversation with Deepfreeze.

"You really think I could handle one?" She finished.

"Absolutely, I'll let you have it when we get back to the ship." Deepfreeze nodded once.

"Amanda guess what!" She squealed, "He's got a Hildebear cane for me!"

"How did you manage that?" Amanda asked.

"I've developed quite the little collection over the last year or so." Deepfreeze replied, "Cerberus and I have collected quite a few special weapons, including my Final Impact and my shield of Delsaber."

"And his Wals rifle." Amanda added.

"Don't forget my D parts armor." Cerberus said.

Striker tapped his equipment interface on his forearm then sighed, "Stupid armour field won't come back on line."

"Don't worry." Amanda smirked patting him on the shoulder, "If the monsters get too close you can always just insult them to death."

"Monitor room is open." HitmanJ said stepping up to the door, "Everyone be very careful. He knows we're here and there is no telling what he has in store for us."

"Right, let's go." Deepfreeze said and marched through the door.

The monitor room was circular with sets of monitors lining the wall. Each set had a large monitor underlined by three smaller ones. There was a circular door on the center of the floor. Five spokes ran out from the door to the wall. Each spoke had a circular door beside the wall. The entrance door locked behind them. A skinny robot head appeared on one set of monitors. It glared at them then turned and moved to the next set. Deepfreeze began firing at the monitors. Everyone but Striker and Amanda followed suit. The image disappeared.

"Did we get it?" Aphrodite asked.

"No." Deepfreeze said flatly.

Three pillars rose up from three of the spoke holes. A large spike shaped device extended from the center of the ceiling. The pillars were a rusty colour with a diamond shape near the top. Two were blue and one was pink. They began blinking.

"Shoot the pink one!" Cerberus yelled.

Striker and Amanda jumped into action slicing at the pillar while the others fired. There was a bright flash and everyone received a bolt of electricity.

"Too slow." Deepfreeze spat holding his chest.

The pillars began flashing again.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 12, 2016 at 09:55 PM.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

"They're not finished." HitmanJ cried.

"What?" Deepfreeze snapped.

Striker and Amanda were still slashing at it. It blinked one last time then exploded.

"We got it!" Amanda cried with joy.

The face on the monitor returned glaring at them. The rangers started firing again. They managed to destroy one bank of monitors. The face circled once then disappeared. Four Pillars rose up and began flashing. The hunters had to cross the room to get to the pink one. The room grew cold as the party was blasted by Rabarta. Amanda and Cerberus were encased in ice. Cerberus broke out easily. Striker released a low level Foie melting enough of the ice so Amanda could break out.

"Thank you." She said softly through chattering teeth.

"Just helping out my baby." Striker smiled.

Amanda was too cold to respond. Volt Opt fired off a shot of Rafoie before the pillars lowered into the floor. Aphrodite quickly cast Resta healing their burns. The face returned. The rangers destroyed several more monitor banks before the pillars returned. All five rose up and began flashing. There was a great pillar of light that descended on Aphrodite knocking her to the floor. She pawed around temporarily blinded. Amanda and Striker slashed away at the pink diamond.

"How did he get the ability to cast Grants!" HitmanJ exclaimed.

"It's quite the upgrade." Deepfreeze said.

"It's impossible." HitmanJ frowned firing off a few shots, "Machines can not cast emotional techniques of light and dark."

"This one does." Amanda growled as she hacked away at it.

Cerberus heard a strange noise to his left. He turned to see a ball of purple gas hurtling toward him. He dove out of the way just in time. The cloud hit the wall and disappeared.

"He's shooting Megid too!" Cerberus yelled.

Amanda took a final swipe destroying the pillar. She and Striker watched as the pillars descended then rose again. They ran over to the pillar and hacked at it quickly destroying it. The room erupted in fire as the walls and ceilings exploded. The lights went dim. The panels continued to burn. A giant hulk of metal dropped from the ceiling. The body was fairly square with two shields attached to the sides. There was a small head on the top. The same one from the monitors.

"He's here!" Striker called.

"That's Volt Opt!" Aphrodite exclaimed.

"Oh crap." Amanda muttered.

The chest plate opened and it released a volley of missles. The group scattered. The hunters moved in close and began slashing at the machine. The rangers managed to out run the missiles, then attacked the robot. It locked on to each member with a laser.

"Run!" HitmanJ cried.

Striker ignored him and got squashed by a large cone shaped stone that dropped from the ceiling. Cerberus grabbed him as he ran by. Twice more the stones dropped, then everyone began attacking again. The shield that had laser targeted them broke away and fell to the ground. Volt Opt turned and pointed the other shield at HitmanJ. It began flashing. He tried to run but three stone pillars rose up trapping him. Amanda turned and slashed at one of the pillars. HitmanJ tried to move but he was pinned down. An energy ball dropped from the shield and slowly bobbed at HitmanJ.

"Hurry Amanda, hurry." He said nervously.

Amanda took a quick glance and saw that it was purple. She gasped and slashed harder breaking pieces away from the pillar. HitmanJ could only stand in terror as the Megid ball inched closer. Amanda took one last valiant swing and sliced the pillar in half. She dropped the saber and grabbed HitmanJ and helped him climb out, just as the ball hit the stone.

"Thanks." He gasped, "That's two I owe you."

"Forget about it." She smiled and grabbed up her saber.

Cerberus hovered over Striker as he fired at Volt Opt. He was sure Striker was sporting a few broken bones. He could see Deepfreeze and Aphrodite attacking from the other side. HitmanJ had rejoined the fight, blasting at the shield that had imprisoned him. The shield finally broke free and the body quickly followed. Eruptions burst from it as it fell to the floor. One of the monitor banks slid open revealing a brightly lit cave. Aphrodite cast Resta again. Striker groaned as he sat up. The pain was gone but he was pretty stiff. The cave ended at the doorway. There was nothing but darkness beyond. A transporter that lead back to the ship sat on the teams right.

"You girls should go back to the ship now." Deepfreeze said, "The ruins are no place for a couple of rookies."

"No way." Amanda shook her head, "We've proven we can more than look out for ourselves. We need to talk to this Black Hound as much as you. We're not going to be left behind, right?"

"Right." Aphrodite nodded.

"Good." Deepfreeze quipped.

Amanda frowned and glanced at Aphrodite who just shrugged. Cerberus stepped up and looked the doorway over.

"This is very bad." He said.

"What's wrong?" Striker asked.

"This doorway is supposed to be sealed." Cerberus replied, "I over saw the operation myself."

"So someone opened it again." HitmanJ shrugged.

"No, no, we resealed the ancient door." Cerberus shook his head, "Then we removed the power sources from the monuments then fastened a blast door to the rock."

"But this rock looks completely undisturbed." Amanda said.

"And the monument in the mines was off." Aphrodite added.

"So the blast door just vanished and the ancient door was opened without the monuments." HitmanJ pondered, "How is that possible?"

"It's not." Cerberus said bluntly.

"Not without IDOLA." Deepfreeze said.

"What?" Aphrodite frowned.

"I don't like where your going." Striker said.

"What?" Aphrodite frowned.

"IDOLA could easily have removed that blast door and opened the ancient door." Deepfreeze said, "The only question is why IT would try to get back in."

"And how IT is still alive." HitmanJ added.

"Oh I think there's more questions than just that." Amanda said crossing her arms.

"Like what?" Cerberus asked.

"First, if this door was sealed then didn't you find it strange that the Black Paper guy said Black Hound was down here?" She asked with a smirk.

"I assume he was using the service transporter that leads from here to the ruins." Cerberus said looking around, "Hmm the service transporter pad is missing as well."

"Wait a minute." Striker said waving his hand, "You reseal the door closing it off forever but leave a transporter that goes in? Isn't that defeating the purpose?"

"And wasn't the purpose of sealing the door to trap IT inside?" Aphrodite added.

"The girl's got a point." HitmanJ smiled.

"Your right." Cerberus nodded, "It was only used during the installation of the blast door. The cleanup crew were supposed to remove the pad on this side but they disappeared and no one wanted to fight Volt Opt just for a transporter pad."

"I don't know." Striker frowned, "This all seems a little funny to me."

"The fact is the door is open and Black Hound is down there." Deepfreeze said, "Come on."

HitmanJ and Cerberus followed him through the door. Striker and the girls paused.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Amanda said.

"This is going way beyond the parameters of our initial briefing." Striker said.

"There's the transporter." Amanda pointed, "You can always go back to the ship."

"Then you guys would think me a coward." Striker shook his head, "No way."

"I don't think your a coward." Aphrodite said.

"Thank you." Striker nodded at her.

"I think your insane." Aphrodite said flatly.

Striker gave her a big frown.

"Come on." Amanda said, "Before we fall too far behind."

She took a deep breath and stepped into the darkness. Aphrodite and Striker followed right behind her.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 12, 2016 at 10:06 PM.

CHAPTER EIGHT

Falcon let out a disgruntled groan as he flipped through the various quests at the hunters guild. He was a tall HUcast, black in colour with a red chest plate, knees and the inside of his arms. He had a black head with a red face built to look like a mask. He had glowing eyes peering out from under a white striped forehead. He sported three white dots in a triangular pattern just above the white stripe. His eyes glowed red as he found yet another quest for the mines. No hunter was willing to work in the mines so these quests were piling up. He shook his head and took one of the clean up quests. It was simple enough. Go down and clear the first level of all machines. Normally he would never take such a simple quest but he was bored. He took the quest and stepped outside. Sahara was waiting for him. She was as tall as HUcaseals came and yet she was stiil nearly a foot shorter than Falcon. She was purple and black with a white chest and forearms. She had a white band through her eyes and the lower part of her face was designed as a mask too. The back of her head had been built to look like a long metal poney tail. Falcon had been created by Doctor Mosato Osaki twenty three years ago and Sahara had been constructed two years later. Osaki had prided himself with the ability to build the most powerful androids Coral had ever seen. Falcon was proud of his power and let everyone know it. He had been constructed to fight in the great Civil Gang Wars but by the time he was finished, peace had returned to Coral. Sahara's construction had come during peace time so she had a milder and more friendly personality. Falcon disliked humans and newmans. He preferred androids, especially hunter androids. He could tolerate human and newman hunters but detested rangers and hated forces even more. Both of those classes mostly used ranged attacks which he saw as cowardly. Only true warriors faced their opponents head on. Sahara had no such preference and usually did the social interactions when it was required. Osaki had planned it that way knowing Falcon would not be able to function with the humans on his own. He looked down at the quest card than handed it to Sahara.

"Another clean up mission." He said.

"It doesn't pay very much" Sahara replied.

"That was the highest paying one too." Falcon pointed at the card.

"With everyone afraid of the mines you'd think they'd offer more." Sahara said as she read the card, "This seems a little too simple for your tastes."

"As I said, it was the highest paying one." Falcon said flatly.

"Since when has money meant anything to you." Sahara asked with a tilt of her head.

"One needs money to buy monomate and weapons." Falcon stated.

"You have Musashi, what weapons do you need to buy?" Sahara asked.

"Musashi is the weakest of the twin Katanas." Falcon said, "You never know when we might find someone who is selling a higher level sword."

Sahara laughed, "That's my Falcon, always looking for more power."

"One can never be too powerful." Falcon said.

"Come on, this shouldn't take us too long." Sahara said tugging him to the transporter.

They materialized in the transporter room of the first level of the mines. Falcon drew his Musashi. Sahara held Gae Bolg, a special partisan. Falcon stepped through the doorway into the first room. Robot parts were scattered everywhere. Small maintenance droids scurried about cleaning up the mess.

"Some one has been here recently." He said.

"Ya but who?" Sahara asked.

"No one from the guild." Falcon said, "At least no one performing any quests."

"This could be free money." Sahara said.

"I hope not." Falcon muttered.

They continued through the mines searching every room. Most were empty but the few that did have machines lay in ruins. Finally they reached the transporter to the second level.

"That was easy." Sahara said.

The quest card beeped. Sahara drew it out. Complete flashed across the screen. She shrugged at Falcon and stuffed it back in her pack.

"Come on." Falcon said and stepped into the transporter.

"Where are you going?" Sahara asked.

"I want to find out who's responsible." Falcon replied.

"To thank them?" Sahara jabbed as she stepped into the transporter.

"Hardly." Falcon replied.

They appeared on the second level to find it in ruins. The droids were busy cleaning here too. Falcon walked through the mess. He casually swung his Katana at one of the droids, slicing it in half. The other droids ignored him and went about their business.

"Falcon!" Sahara scolded.

"It's not like they care." He replied coldly.

They searched every room leading to the control room. All the machines lay in ruins. Repair droids were busy rebuilding Volt Opt's attack body.

"This someone has entered the ruins." Falcon said.

"How do you know that?" Sahara asked.

"Just a hunch." Falcon said as he lead her through the open panel.

Sahara stopped and gasped at the open door.

"Falcon!" She quipped, "The ancient door is open."

"Yes." Falcon replied, "It is."

"But I thought the hunters guild sealed it." Sahara shrugged.

"It's unsealed now." Falcon said dryly.

"Are you going to continue to state the obvious?" Sahara asked.

"Only if you are." Falcon replied and headed to the door.

Sahara sighed and followed him into the ruins. The first room was covered in purple blood. The people they were seeking had done well in defeating the dark creatures. There were two doors in this room. One to their left and one directly in front of them. Falcon opted to take the door on their left. It was the wrong way but he was rewarded with a row of four Diminains. They looked like black mutated sharks from the caves. They had no eyes and a long pointed nose for a head. Each arm carried a sickle for a claw. They roared with a deep echoed voice. Falcon held up his Musashi as the Diminains marched toward him. Sahara ran up beside him holding her Gae Bolg. She glanced at Falcon. His eyes glowed bright. If he had a mouth there would have been a huge grin across it. One Dimenian was faster than the others. It reached Falcon first. It raised a right arm and swung down at him. He blocked it with the shield on his left arm. Sahara swung her partisan with both hands slicing off the claw right at the wrist. The Dimenian roared splattering blood all over the floor. Falcon kicked it back then swung his Katanas down at an angle slicing into the Dimenians right shoulder and rib cage cutting it into three pieces. The other three had reached the androids and attempted to surround them. Sahara drove the blade of her Gae Bolg into the chest of the approaching Dimenian. It fell back and twitched as it died. Falcon cut the claws of his Dimenian as it tried to hit him then drove one of his Musashi into the Dimenians head. He turned and disarmed the last Dimenian. Sahara swung down cutting into the back of its head. A group of claws appeared around them. The creatures floated over to them and attempted to bite the androids with it's pincer head. These were the weakest creatures in the ruins. Sahara and Falcon quickly dispatched them. Two Delsabers appeared. These were one of the most deadly. They attacked quickly with a sword for a right arm and a shield for a left arm. They would look at you with an owl like face then either leap at you or march at you. Falcon was too close for it to jump. It marched over and took a swipe at him. He blocked it with his shield then attacked with his Musashi. The Delsaber blocked his attack then swung at him with the shield that doubled as a claw. Falcon jumped back but not before the Delsaber put three scratch marks in his chest plate. The other Delsaber leapt at Sahara knocking her to the ground. It swung at her with it's claw. She blocked it with her shield then pushed it away with her foot. She jumped to her feet and swung her Gae Bolg making a large cut in the Delsabers chest. Purple blood slowly oozed from the wound. The Delsaber ignored the wound and came at her again. She swung again but the Delsaber blocked the attack. It clawed at her but she blocked it with her shield. They exchanged several blows before the Delsaber managed a lucky shot hitting Sahara in the left side with it's sword. She quickly choked up on her Gae Bolg and used the blade to cut off the Delsabers arm right at the hilt of the sword. The Delsaber clawed at her scratching her in the right side. At the same time she drove the blade of her Gae Bolg into the Delsabers chest. It stumbled backward and collapsed on the floor melting into a pool of purple blood. Falcon continued to beat his Delsaber back until it was pinned against a wall. He made short work of it. There was a loud clang as the doors unlocked.

"That was fun." He said, "But this is the wrong way."

He turned to go back but the door they came through was now locked. Sahara quickly ran over to his side and frowned as she stared back at the door.

"What's going on here?" Sahara asked.

"I don't know." Falcon shook his head, "All the door's should be unlocked. The only ones that don't unlock with the security system is those with remote switches."

"Well, there's only one door to go through." Sahara said and started for the open door.

"I do not like being manipulated." Falcon growled as he followed his sister.

They entered a short hallway that lead to a large room with windows along one wall. The windows looked out into the cavern in which the ruins rested. A Chaos Bringer appeared by the windows. It was a silver and black centaur that carried at twin forked sword. It trumpeted as it reared up on it's hind legs then galloped at the androids. They side stepped the charge then attacked the Chaos Bringer from behind.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 15, 2016 at 08:59 PM.

They quickly hacked at it's hind quarters to the point where the back legs were useless. The Chaos Bringer managed to turn enough to attack with it's sword. With one swing it knocked both androids on their backs. Falcon growled and threw one of his Musashi. The sword landed in the Bringers chest. It cried with an echoed voice then collapsed. Falcon got up and pulled his sword out. The Chaos Bringer began to melt. Only one door unlocked.

"We are being lead." He said.

"I think your right." Sahara replied.

They cautiously passed through the door. The next room was shrouded in darkness.

"There should be a light switch some where." Falcon said.

"That won't be necessary." A voice boomed.

The lights came on. The androids were surrounded by men in black masks and clothing. Falcon clenched his katanas tight. The men in black stood still with their weapons aimed. A purple and black HUcast stepped out in front of them. He looked very much like Falcon and carried a ghastly looking scythe. Falcon recognized it as the legendary Soul Eater. He didn't recognize the bearer though. Legend said the Soul Eater would give the bearer great power but it would slowly eat away at who ever used it. It was said that the weapon would bond mentally to it's user then slowly drive them insane as it eats away at their mind.

"Who are you!" Falcon growled.

"I am called Black Hound." He replied, "And this is my Elite Guard."

"What do you want?" Sahara asked.

"You." Black Hound replied.

"Me?" Sahara questioned.

"You both have been chosen for our employer." Black Hound said, "He will be pleased with such powerful subjects."

"Over my dead processor!" Falcon cried and charged.

"Take the girl." Black Hound barked as he blocked Falcons charge.

Falcon hacked and slashed at his opponent who blocked every shot but was unable to strike back. There was a sharp scream. Falcon stopped abruptly and turned back to see Sahara fall with a sword in her back. The men gathered her up and carried her off. Falcon tried to persue but Black Hound stopped him by tripping him with the Soul Eater. Falcon rolled to his back and glared at him.

"Don't worry, she's not dead." Black Hound said, "And you will join her shortly."

Falcon jumped to his feet.

"I don't know what this is about but I won't stop until I get her back."

"Don't resist and you can be by her side." Black Hound said.

"What is this all about?" Falcon asked.

"The creation of the perfect warrior." Black Hound said, "So he says."

"Who, what are you talking about?" Falcon growled.

"You will find out soon enough." Black Hound said.

"I'll cut you to pieces." Falcon cried.

"If you insist on doing it the hard way." Black Hound grumbled and swung at Falcon.

Falcon held up his left arm but the Soul Eater cut through his shield and into his forearm. Falcon growled and swung at the Soul Eaters shaft. His blade bounced off without leaving a mark.

"Impossible!" Falcon gasped.

Black Hound just laughed as he drew back the weapon for another strike. Falcon dove sideways avoiding the strike. The Soul Eater cut into the floor. Black Hound pulled it out and went after Falcon again. Black Hound swung again but Falcon managed to redirect it with his Katana.

"You can not defeat me!" Black Hound laughed, "No one can!"

"There's always a first." Falcon glared.

"Not by you." Black Hound replied and swung again.

Falcon avoided the weapon then attacked with his katanas. Black Hound blocked the attack with the shaft of his Soul Eater then pushed hard knocking Falcon to his back.

"You have been a bit of a nuisance but now that ends." Black Hound said as he drew back the scythe.

He was about to strike when his left forearm beeped. He placed the end of the Soul Eater on Falcons chest pinning him. Black Hound quickly checked his BEE message then glared at Falcon.

"Fortune has smiled upon you my friend." He said, "There's an urgent matter that requires my immediate attention. I'll have to deal with you later."

He took off through a door locking it behind him. Falcon climbed to his feet.

"Beware Black Hound!" He yelled, "I won't stop hunting you down."

There was only one unlocked door. It lead back the way he had come. The ruins was no place for a lone hunter even one as powerful as he. Falcon slowly retraced his steps back to the room that connected to the transporter. He thought for a moment about returning to the ship then shook it off. Running back to the ship wouldn't help Sahara. She was his family and one thing he had been programmed for was to protect his family. Black Hound had humiliated them and he wanted Sahara there to help make that dog pay. He looked across the room to the other door. There was another option. Seek out the others that came down here, they might be friendly. If not they may have answers for him. Either way that was his best choice. He deactivated the photon blades on his Musashi and stored the hilts. At full speed he took off through the door. Tracking the other group was easy enough. He just had to follow the path of dead creatures. The trail ended at the elevator to the second level. He stepped on and descended down to the bottom. The second level was much darker with everything shaded in gray and blue. Machines clanked away supplying power and life support. Rico had discovered that this was actually an ancient spacecraft buried here centuries ago. She had left all her findings and research in recorder capsules dropping them as she went. This had turned out to be the power level with the engine room being very long with four generators, two on each side of the room. It was the half way point of level two. Falcon was hoping to catch up to the other party before that. He followed the path of death until he reached the engine room where the trail disappeared. He stepped into the room. A line of five Diminains appeared in front of him. He shook his head and turned back. He tried another room. It was full of military security droids.

"What is WORKS doing down here?" He muttered.

One droid saw him. It turned and started crying, "Intruder, intruder!"

The door locked behind him. He drew out his Musashi and charged. The droid pulled a rifle but Falcon sliced the barrel off then kicked the droid back and chopped its head off. The body hobbled around the room banging off walls and the other droids. They tried shooting Falcon but the headless droid kept running into them. Falcon would have found it humorous if he wasn't being shot at. He charged into the center ignoring the damage he was taking. With precision he sliced away at the droids. After mere seconds he was left standing in a pile of scrap. His internal sensors were screaming at him. He looked down at his chest. Two large blast holes had left his internal circuitry exposed. He grabbed a pack of monomate and wolfed it down. His power levels came back up as his repair system fixed some of the internal damage. He kicked a droids head out of his way and exited the room. There was only one door left. The others must have gone that way. Sure enough the room was splattered with purple blood. He passed through three more rooms. He entered the fourth room just as three men in black were leaving.

"Hey you!" Falcon cried, "Wait!"

The mens eyes went wide and they rushed through the door. Falcon quickly chased after them. He ran into a room full of Dimenians and Delsabers. The three men had already began fighting them. Falcon drew his Musashi and charged slicing through the closest Dimenian.

"Feel my power!" He cried and charged at the next.

The Dimenians fell quickly but the three Delsabers had surrounded one of the Black Paper men. He cried out as the Delsabers hacked away at him. The others ran to help but it was too late. The Delsabers turned to face the charging men. Their claw shields covered in blood. The shields absorbed the blood and a soft purple flow surrounded the Delsabers. This caused the other too men to halt.

"What is going on here?" One man asked.

Falcon ran up beside them.

"If you wish to live." He said, "Less talk, more fight."

The two men nodded and charged with Falcon. The closest Delsaber blocked Falcons attack but couldn't stop the Black Paper guards. They used their Katanas and cut the legs out from under the Delsaber. It fell to the floor. Falcon drove the sword tip into it's throat. He quickly turned to meet the charge from the others. The guards were hacking away at one so Falcon turned to the other.

"Prepare to die foul creature." He said.

The Delsaber swung it's sword at him. He side stepped it then close lined it with his Katana. The head rolled away as the body slumped to the ground, he quickly turned and hacked at the other Delsabers back severing it's spine. It fell to the ground. One of the guards drove his sword into it's head.

"Thank you." The other guard said, "Is there anything we can do to repay you?"

"Tell me where you took my sister." Falcon growled.

"I don't know." The guard said, "We don't deal with the hunters. We're just security."

"Then tell me where Black Hound is." Falcon replied.

"He's down here somewhere." The guard shrugged, "Said he had to deal with a group of trouble makers."

"They went through there." The other guard said.

"Good." Falcon said and took off through the door.

The guards watched him go then turned to leave.

"Does he remind you of someone?" One guard asked.

"Yep, but don't say that to either of them." The other replied.

"I won't if you don't." The guard smiled.

"Deal." The other nodded.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 15, 2016 at 09:11 PM.

CHAPTER NINE

Deepfreeze and his team had finished clearing out yet another room full of dark creatures. There was no sign of Black Hound or any of his Elite Guard. He was beginning to think that Black Hound might not be down here. After all no one in their right mind would hang out here alone, but then Black Hound was anything but in his right mind. The path they were following lead to a dead end. There were small rooms that branched off which used to contain supply containers from Pioneer One but they had been picked clean long ago. He turned to go back when he heard Amanda call. She was standing by one of the doors.

"What is it?" He asked.

"This room has boxes in it." She replied.

"Must be some of Black Papers supplies." Cerberus said.

"Open it up!" Striker said excitedly, "I'll bet we can make some good money off it."

Amanda popped the lid off and found it to be full of special and rare weapons. First she pulled out a short staff with lightning bolts mounted to each end.

"Storm wand Indra." Deepfreeze said, "That will be for Aphrodite."

She took the wand from Amanda and returned the handgun. Next Amanda pulled out a pair of mechguns with HS 25 Justice stamped on the barrels.

"I'll take those." HitmanJ said.

Amanda handed them over and turned back to the box. She picked up a purple and black long sword.

"The Dragon Slayer!" Striker exclaimed.

"Here." Amanda said handing him the sword.

"Really?" Striker said glaring at the sword, "Are you sure you want to give this up?"

"There's a pair of dagger hilts in there that I want." She smiled.

She picked them up and switched them on. Nothing happened. She looked at the group and shrugged.

"Swing it." Deepfreeze nodded.

She took a swing. A long photon blade appeared then vanished.

"Blade Dance." Cerberus said, "The photon blades only appear when you attack."

"Cool." Striker cooed.

Amanda smiled and stuffed them in her pack. She opened the second box and found some basic supplies. Cerberus took the monomates. The monofluids antiparalysis, and antidotes were divided up. She found a shield band that she clipped to her left arm and a barrier band that Aphrodite clipped to her left arm. The group backtracked and made their way back to the door to the engine room. Five Dimenians were wandering around inside.

"They weren't there before." HitmanJ said.

"Someone must have entered this room after we came through." Deepfreeze said looking around.

"I don't detect any bio or mechanical residue." Cerberus said, "Who ever it was didn't stay for the fight."

"Let's make short work of these guys." Deepfreeze said with a grin.

"Right." Everyone replied.

The team shot through the door and attacked the Dimenians before they could react. Deepfreeze laid down a spread of bullets. HitmanJ pounded away at one with his Justice. Cerberus and Aphrodite quickly finished off one then moved to the next while Striker and Amanda took the last two. Striker easily slashed away at the Dimenians before it could get close. Amanda hacked and slashed at her opponent as she literally danced around him. A group of claws were next but were no match for the hunters. Three Death Gunners dropped from the ceiling. They looked like four legged octopus with a large red eye on the head. The head would raise up and fire a laser bolt. This was the only time the gunners shield would drop leaving them vulnerable to attack.

"These guys are so dead." Striker growled and rushed forward.

"Striker no!" Deepfreeze yelled, "You'll draw in the Delsabers!"

It was too late. Three Delsabers appeared behind the Death Gunners. They jumped forward landing on Striker. The rangers started firing as Amanda and Aphrodite rushed to Strikers aid. Amanda slashed at one while Aphrodite beat another with her wand. The lightning bolts on the ends of the wand hacked away at the Delsaber. Striker could only lay there and block the attacks with his shield. Amanda's Delsaber went down first followed closely by Aphrodite. The rangers finished off the last before it could attack. They turned their attention to the Death Gunners. They quickly killed them then turned to the door but it remained locked.

"What gives?" Striker asked scratching his head. "We cleared the room."

"Your right." Deepfreeze said, "There's never anything more than what we just fought."

"That door should have unlocked." Cerberus finished.

"I have a very bad feeling about this." Aphrodite said softly.

"So do I." Amanda whispered back.

"Congratulations!" A voice boomed, "Such an unusual team you have here Deepfreeze. Two too many by guild regulations I think!"

"We're not here on guild business." Deepfreeze replied.

"No matter, you have disrupted my operations and harassed my people!" The voice said, "For that you must pay!"

"I think it goes deeper than that." Deepfreeze replied, "Doesn't it Kireek."

"Kireek?" Amanda mouthed.

Aphrodite shrugged. HitmanJ stepped up behind the girls shielding their backs. This made them more nervous. A platform descended from the ceiling and Black Hound stepped off.

"What brings you to my layer?" He cooed.

"We're looking for a couple of hunters that your Elite Guard took and we want them back!" Deepfreeze demanded.

"You are in no position to demand anything." Kireek replied, "Besides I don't know. I only organize which subjects will be taken next. Where they go after that is beyond my information."

"Then bring us someone who knows!" Deepfreeze demanded.

"That would be the Red Guard." Kireek said, "They are the only ones that have contact with our employer. Now look you've gone and made me say too much. All the more reason to kill you!"

"Look Kireek, we really don't have time for this." Cerberus said, "Just show us to this Red Guard and we'll be on our way."

"I don't have much gripe with you android but that ranger will pay for what he did." Kireek growled.

"What would have happened to Ash if I hadn't come along!" Deepfreeze cried.

"He would have joined the others." Kireek glared, "He would have been better off. He turned out to be not much of a hunter. Beaten by wolves then beaten by a Hound. He doesn't have much luck with dogs."

"Enough!" Deepfreeze yelled, "Show us this Red Guard NOW!"

"Oh I have something else I'd like to show you." Kireek said stepping back on to the platform, "I think you'll really enjoy this."

The platform began to raise lifting Kireek up to the ceiling. Falcon burst through the door and glared at him.

"Black Hound!" He called, "Come back here!"

"Excellent." Kireek clapped, "I can rid myself of all my problems all at once."

Another platform rose up in the right corner of the engine room beside the far door. It carried a giant dark creature that appeared to have a newman head. The body contained android parts as well. The creature pulsed and bubbled as it's body continued to mutate. Long claws grew out of each finger. The eyes were large and red. Fangs razor sharp extended out of it's mouth. It roared with a shadowy voice. Aphrodite screamed and grabbed Amanda"s arm. Amanda let out a deep gasp. Deepfreeze and Cerberus stood firm and HitmanJ stepped up beside the girls ready to defend them.

"What in the name of Coral is that?" Striker cried.

"Cerberus?" Deepfreeze muttered.

Cerberus paused for a moment then shook his head.

"No good, I can't get a reading on that thing."

"Opinion." Deepfreeze asked.

"Looks like it was a newman male once." Cerberus said, "Some of the body parts look very much like an android hunter. I'm at a loss for an explanation."

"Could that be a missing hunter?" HitmanJ asked.

"Possibly but nothing that has been infected with Idola has looked like this." Cerberus replied.

"Guys it's headed this way!" Striker exclaimed pointing at it.

The monster took one large step after another. It was anywhere from fifteen to twenty feet tall, varying heights as it mutated. It swung it's arm at the group. The arm stretched out batting HitmanJ and the girls aside. It roared and tried to stomp Striker. He dove to the side then slashed at its leg. The Dragon Slayer stuck in the flesh. The monsters body started to absorb the sword. Striker pulled with all his might tearing the sword out. The creature cried out and swatted him aside. He landed hard on his face. He groaned as he climbed to his feet.

"Don't touch it!" He yelled, "It tried to absorb my sword!"

"Right." Deepfreeze nodded.

Cerberus fired at the creature. The photon bullets sizzled out like a hot amber hitting water.

"Oh great." He muttered.

Deepfreeze pulled him away as the creature charged. Falcon ran up behind it and slashed at it. His photon blade sparked and deactivated.

"This is very bad." He muttered staring at the dead hilt.

He stored the useless hilt and grabbed the other with both hands. He went to strike but a voice stopped him.

"No don't!" It cried.

"Sahara." He whispered turning to the voice.

It wasn't his sister. Instead he saw a white haired newman staring at him with her arm stretched out to him.

"Run!" She yelled.

He paused for a second then backed off. Rafoie exploded around the creature. It roared as it's flesh burned. It seemed to know who cast it, turning to Amanda. Aphrodite handed her a monofluid but the creature charged before she could drink it. HitmanJ scooped her up and ran out of the way. Aphrodite zapped it with Zonde. The monster didn't even slow down.

"Uh oh." She gasped and scurried out of the way.

Falcon ran up behind it again and planted a freeze trap. The trap exploded but the monster remained unfrozen.

"No way." Falcon gasped then dove aside narrowly avoiding a strike.

"Look the mutation has slowed." Cerberus said.

"Maybe if we can stabilize it's structure then we might be able to hurt it." Deepfreeze said, "Ice everyone. Freeze it!"

Cerberus and Falcon quickly set their freeze traps as the others blasted it with Barta. HitmanJ was tending to Amanda who was losing conscienceness.

"Come on drink." He muttered.

Slowly the drops of fluid ran down her throat. She finally opened her eyes and smiled.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Don't do that again." HitmanJ smiled.

She downed the last of the fluid and climbed to her feet. The monster was covered in ice chunks. It swung at the hunters but was no longer able to stretch it's arm.

"Ice." Amanda whispered, "I don't know how to do that."

"You don't know how to do fire either but it doesn't seem to stop you." HitmanJ replied.

Amanda gave him a frown then drew her Blade Dance. She ran up to the creature and began slashing at it.

"All right!" Striker cheered.

He ran up and joined her followed closely by Falcon. Aphrodite continued to blast it with Barta as the rangers drew their guns. The monster swiped at the hunters batting them away. Every time one was knocked away they'd get back up and slashed away at it. The monster drove it's claw down knocking Striker down. One of it's spikes drove into his side. He cried out in pain. The monster drew it's claw and readied for a second strike. Cerberus charged forward and scooped him up as the claw came down. Falcon swung at the hand cutting the claws off.

"Ha!" Falcon cheered.

The creature looked at it's hand. The damage ones fell out and new ones grew in.

"Oh crap." Falcon gasped and jumped aside.

The monster scooped Amanda up and tossed her across the room. She hit the door and slumped to the floor. Deepfreeze ran to check on her. She coughed up some blood and slowly opened her eyes. She smiled at him fighting back the pain.

"Hold still." He said and cast Resta on her.

"Thank you but it still hurts." She said softly.

"Lay still, I'll get you out of this." Deepfreeze said holding her hand.

She nodded and rested herself against the wall. She saw Striker holding his side as he tried to attack the monster. It batted him away. He flew across the room and skidded to a stop beside her.

"Are you all right?" She asked softly.

"No." Striker horsed then passed out.

The rangers continued to pound the creature. Falcon finally cut through it's right leg just above the knee. It fell to it's hands and it's knee then quickly swatted him away. Cerberus turned his attention to the head. He blasted it away and the creature slumped on it's belly but continued to crawl toward them. Falcon leaped on to it's back and hacked at it's spine as the rangers continued to fire. Kireek watched from above as his monster stopped moving. The commander of his Elite Guard turned to him.

"What do we do now?" He asked nervously.

"Relax Commander." Kireek replied, "That was only round one."

"Huh?" The Commander frowned.

"Just watch." Kireek said as he tossed a damage trap down to the creature.

The rangers and Aphrodite turned their attention to Amanda and Striker. Falcon stood over the monster poking it with his katana.

"What manner of beast are you?" He said softly.

The trap exploded knocking him back. The creature began to pulse and grow. First it grew into a large blob.

"What is it now." Deepfreeze began as he turned around, "Of coarse."

"What happened?" Cerberus asked.

"Someone set off a damage trap and it began to grow." Falcon replied.

"Kireek." Deepfreeze spat, "He must be watching from above."

The blob quickly grew into a giant scorpion. Cerberus' Mag Nidra chirped at the sight.

"I know, I'm worried too." Cerberus said.

"How close are you to a photon blast?" Deepfreeze asked.

"Not close enough." Cerberus replied.

"Sato's not either." Deepfreeze said patting his Mag, "We're on our own."

Kireek laughed at the sight, "And to think this one was considered a failure."

"Failure, why?" The Commander asked.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 15, 2016 at 09:29 PM.

Well, score one for HUnewearl_Meira's weekly sticky, which brought this excellent fic to my notice.

The Good Stuff:

First off, it's nice to see a fic extending the story post-Ep.2. Ep. 3 may tell us where we wind up, but there's still a lot out there, and since PSU is the next thing on the way there's not going to be an Ep. 5 to clear things up. So go for it!

It's also intriguing to see that you went against pretty much everyone's path, Freeze, and based the fic on the you-fight-Kireek quest path instead of the one where you get the storyline from Bernie.

As to the story itself, I'm definitely enjoying the plot. There's a mystery in the missing hunters, there's Deepfreeze's angst and "old-veteran" crustiness, there's Amanda and Aphrodite's bright shiny newbiness to work off (a classic pairing of the old and new heroes), there's a "name" villain in Kireek. Better yet, there's foreshadowing as the mystery is unlocked step by step instead of getting dumped on our faces. Heck, even eight chapters in you haven't come right out and said that Kireek is possessed by Dark Falz even though it's the logical conclusion (since he certainly was influenced by Falz during the quest path you're basing this on, and from what the characters have already said about "IDOLA" still being around--I presume that you see "IDOLA" as the bodiless intelligence behind Dark Falz and the D-Factor while "Falz" itself specifically refers to the bonded-with-a-physical-form entity?).

You've also managed to make me care about the characters, which is not easy to do with the usual cast of freshly-created hunters. Deepfreeze's personal issues help here. as does Cerberus's envy of humanity (okay, it's been done before, but it looks fresh on a HUcast),but you've also done a nice job of introducing characters whom bad things happen to so that their fate has emotional impact. RTJ's on-mission death, Lacy's abduction following the training sequence with Amanda, and now Sahara's abduction. I'm hoping that at least some of the missing hunters can be brought back alive and well, and the fact that I actually care what happens speaks well of the way they've been written.

The Bad:

Learn. To. Proofread. Please. I'm begging you. This story is head and shoulders above 90% of what I've seen out there; it deserves editing. "You're" is written "your" almost every time it appears, basic PSO terms like mag names and weapons ("Musashi") are misspelled, apostrophes are missing out of possessives, several chapters have been double-posted... Take the time to type the story up in a word processor file (disabling smartquotes and any special character replacement!), read it over and edit it, then cut and paste it into a message when you're ready to post. This fiction is worth doing it right.

There's a couple of descriptive paragraphs in the first two chapters (when we meet new characters) that seem a bit forced, but this is something that you've actually gotten better at over the course of the story. You might consider editing them later on, after you've finished, but it's NBD.

The only other piece of contructive criticism I might suggest concerns character names. Personally, I think a Stargate: Atlantis quote applies here: "Okay, you don't get to name things. Ever." However, that's just my personal opinion. Aesthetics are weird things (I mean, heck, this is a comment from someone nicknaming himself after a flightless waterfowl from a planet that doesn't have water) and we all have stuff we like and stuff we don't, and it's really none of my damn business what you name your characters.

Overall:

Write more! Soon! I'm really looking forward to how this story plays out, what the ultimate plot behind Kireek's kidnapping scheme is, how IDOLA fits in, whether Black Paper's usual leadership is going to try to reclaim their organization from their renegade assassin, and who's going to stand or fall in the end! Oh, yeah, and if Striker's ever going to get to first base with his jawbone (and his dignity) intact.

Thanks for the feed back. I will definatly take care of those issues which seemed to have made it passed proof reading from two other people. No worries, I'll get it fixed. Glad your enjoying it.

"It's molecular structure wouldn't stabilize." Kireek replied, "It's constantly mutating. Seems to be the final hang up in this project. Round up everyone, we are leaving."

"Yes Sir!" The Commander snapped and rushed off.

"I'm going to miss these ruins." Kireek sighed and walked away.

Falcon slashed away at the scorpion who snapped at him with its massive claws. Aphrodite shot it with an icy blast of Barta with no effect. She frowned and tried Foie. The scorpion actually enjoyed the fire. She tried Zonde next but the bolt bounced off its back and hit Falcon.

"Hey, who's side are you on!" Falcon cried.

"Sorry." Aphrodite replied grabbing her chin.

"Element techniques aren't working!" Deepfreeze shouted, "What else you got?"

"I just started learning Zalure and Jellen!" Aphrodite replied.

"Zap it!" Deepfreeze barked.

She closed her eyes and raised both hands in the air. Blue and red clouds formed around the creature.

"Yes!" Aphrodite squealed jumping in the air.

The creature roared and shuddered. The clouds vanished.

"No." Aphrodite pouted and slumped her shoulders.

"This is very bad." Deepfreeze said to Cerberus.

"Our weapons don't seem to be making much of an impact either." Cerberus said.

"Let's see if Shifta and Deband help." Deepfreeze said raising his arm.

He, Cerberus, HitmanJ, and Aphrodite began glowing red and blue. Aphrodite could feel the adrenaline surge through her. Suddenly she felt invisible. Her mind was sharper two. She walked right up to the scorpion and wacked it on the head.

"Aphrodite, what are you doing?" Deepfreeze cried.

Falcon laughed until the scorpion batted her with it's tail. She was sent flying and landed beside him. Falcon looked down at her.

"Are you all right?" He asked flatly.

"Ya, it didn't hurt too much." She replied rubbing her left shoulder.

"Good, that was very foolish." Falcon stated, "Entertaining but foolish."

She shot him a scowl. He ignored it and charged at the creature hacking it with his working Katana. The scorpion turned and wacked him away.

"This is getting us no where." Deepfreeze sighed.

"No, it's getting us killed!" HitmanJ exclaimed, "We need a new strategy."

"Agreed." Deepfreeze nodded.

"Too bad we don't have a force that knows Grants." Cerberus said, "It is a dark creature after all."

"Hey look!" HitmanJ pointed, "Do you see that bubble on it’s belly?"

"Ya." Deepfreeze nodded, "Looks soft."

"Might be a weak spot." Cerberus said.

"Think you can hit it?" Deepfreeze asked.

"Look out!" HitmanJ cried and shoved the two of them away just as a massive claw came crashing down.

Deepfreeze turned over and sat up. The scorpion had HitmanJ pinned by his legs. It raised it's tail ready to strike. HitmanJ was desperately trying to claw away. Deepfreeze sprung to his feet. He ran as fast as he could. The tail started to dropped. He had no chance of reaching HitmanJ. He pumped hard and watched in horror as the stinger came down. From out of no where Falcon leaped at the tail cutting off the stinger with his katana. The scorpion roared and released HitmanJ. Deepfreeze grabbed him and dragged him to where Amanda and Striker sat.

"How bad is it?" Deepfreeze asked.

"I think he crushed my legs." HitmanJ winced.

"How are you holding out?" Deepfreeze asked turning to Amanda.

"It hurts to breath." She horsed, "But I'll survive."

"Good girl, what about him." Deepfreeze nodded at Striker.

Amanda shrugged, "He's still breathing."

Deepfreeze smiled then ran to join the others. He stopped beside Cerberus who was trying to hit the fleshy bubble on the scorpions belly.

"We're dropping like flies." Deepfreeze said.

"How bad is it?" Cerberus asked.

"Two broken legs." Deepfreeze replied.

"If we don't kill this thing soon we never will." Cerberus sighed.

"Aphrodite, you hunter, aim for the fleshy bubble on it's belly!" Deepfreeze yelled.

"It's all mine!" Falcon cried.

Aphrodite nodded and gripped her wand tightly as she charged in. She reached it first and wacked as hard as she could. The wand stuck. The flesh started to absorb it. She let go in horror. The wand disappeared in to the bubble. Falcon ran up and prepared to strike.

"No, wait!" Aphrodite cried stepping in front of him.

"Out of my way little...." Falcon started.

"Wait." Aphrodite said holding up a finger.

The scorpion turned to the rangers who were trying to keep it's attention. Aphrodite held out a hand. An ice cloud shot out freezing the bubble. Aphrodite stepped aside.

"Now." She said.

Falcon growled at her then swung hard slicing the bubble clean off. They looked into the wound. All the internal organs were exposed. The scorpion stomped around trying to find the new attackers. They had trouble staying under it's belly. The rangers started firing again drawing it's attention. Aphrodite pointed to the wound.

"Doesn't that look like android components?"

"Indeed." Falcon said, "We must kill it now."

"How do you feel about burning this thing out?" Aphrodite smiled.

"My traps are ready." Falcon said drawing out a couple damage traps.

He set them and tossed them up into the body. Aphrodite let loose a Rafoie blast torching everything. They ran as the traps exploded. The scorpion roared as it's organs burned. It slowly started to shrink back into a ball. It eventually formed back into the monster they had first faced only now it was the size of a large man. It lay lifeless on the floor. Deepfreeze walked up and nudged it with his foot.

"I think it's dead." He said.

"What is this thing?" Falcon asked, "What is going on?"

"That's what I intend to find out." Deepfreeze said, "Thanks for your help by the way."

"I did not help you!" Falcon snapped, "I only fought this thing trying to get to Black Hound. Do not get in my way."

"A threat?" Cerberus asked.

"A safety tip." Falcon said and marched off.

He stopped beside Amanda and looked down at Striker then her.

"You remind me of my sister." He said, "She had the same fighting spirit as you and the same weakness for non hunters. If you were an android I might actually respect you."

He stepped past her and through the door.

"Thanks, I think." She said softly.

"We didn't even get his name." Cerberus shrugged.

"Doesn't matter." Deepfreeze said, "I need to borrow your saber."

"Sure." Cerberus said handing it over.

Deepfreeze picked up the creatures arm and sliced it off just below the elbow.

"What are you doing?" Cerberus asked.

"Taking a sample." Deepfreeze replied handing the saber back.

Striker groaned and sat up rubbing his head.

"Oh man, are we dead yet?" He moaned.

"No, your not dead." Aphrodite said softly.

"My chest hurts." Striker winced grabbing his ribs, "Ah, must be broken."

"Mr. Deepfreeze!" Aphrodite called, "We need to get them to a hospital."

Deepfreeze nodded and cast Ryuker forming a telepipe. Cerberus picked HitmanJ up and Aphrodite helped Amanda limp to the telepipe. Striker followed close behind. They disappeared leaving Deepfreeze and Cerberus alone.

"Let's go." Deepfreeze said, "We need to take this to the Doctor."

"Wait, you don't mean." Cerberus paused.

"I'm afraid I do." Deepfreeze sighed.

"Who?" HitmanJ moaned.

"Surely there must be someone else." Cerberus protested.

"You know he's the smartest man on pioneer." Deepfreeze said heading for the telepipe.

"Yes, but he's nuts." Cerberus sighed.

"So he's a little eccentric." Deepfreeze frowned. "I thought you liked everyone."

"Even I have my limits." Cerberus shrugged.

"I'm glad I'm not you guys." HitmanJ smirked then groaned as he bounced in Cerberus' arms.

They stepped into the telepipe and reappeared beside the check room. They dropped off their weapons and the creatures arm. The check girl was afraid to touch it until Deepfreeze insisted it was safe. They headed to the hospital next. It was late in the evening and visiting hours were over but the nurse at the desk made an exception for them. A nurse brought in a wheel chair then carted HitmanJ off for medical care. A third nurse lead them and Aphrodite, who had been waiting for them in the lobby, to their friends rooms. Striker was laying on a bed with bandages wrapped around his chest.

"Hey guys." He smiled, "Had a few cuts along with my broken ribs."

"What about Amanda?" Aphrodite whimpered.

"They're checking her out now." Striker said, "She's all ready had the male doctors fighting to examine her."

"That leaves our team short." Cerberus said.

"I don't think we'll get any volunteers either." Deepfreeze sighed.

"I'll go." Aphrodite smiled.

"Thanks but you need to finish your training first." Deepfreeze said.

"Oh." She sighed.

They continued to talk for nearly half a hour before a couple of male nurses wheeled HitmanJ in and eased him over to a bed.

"Thanks guys." He waved, "Looks like I'm out of action for a while."

"Looks like." Deepfreeze smiled.

"Say has anyone heard about Amanda yet?" HitmanJ asked.

Just as he finished a female newman nurse wheeled her in on a chair. She and Deepfreeze helped Amanda into the hospital bed.

"How is she?" Deepfreeze asked.

"Some internal bruising." The nurse replied, "Nothing too serious but we'll keep
    her here overnight for observation."

"Thank you." Deepfreeze smiled then turned to Amanda, "See I told you not to come."

"You need us." She said then a big grin crossed her face, "Besides you wanted me there. Admit it."

"All right." Deepfreeze nodded, "We needed the extra fire power."

"That's not what I meant." Amanda smiled, "You like me don't you?"

Deepfreeze frowned then whispered in her ear, "Grow up."

She just laughed for a second then a sharp pain shot through her chest. Deepfreeze started to leave but stopped beside Aphrodite.

"Take care of your friend." He said, "She needs it."

She nodded back and watched as he left. The room was silent for a moment.

"What was that." Striker asked at last.

"He doesn't really trust women on any kind of personal level." Cerberus said, "Every time he begins to trust some one she ends up betraying him."

"I'm sorry." Amanda said.

"It's not your fault." Cerberus replied, "You didn't know."

"Well I still love you." Striker grinned.

"Shut up." Amanda muttered crossing her arms.

"Don't worry Amanda." Aphrodite said, "Your my best friend and I'm going to take care of you until you're better."

"Thank you." Amanda said softly, "I shouldn't be here that long."

"Hey, while your at it, how about fetching me some water." Striker called waving his glass at her.

With out saying a word she took the glass and walked over to the pitcher. She filled the glass then walked back over to Striker.

"Ah thank you." He smiled.

She shrugged and poured the water on his head.

"Do I look like your nurse." She glared and set the glass down, "Jerk."

HitmanJ burst out laughing. Amanda chuckled a little but tried to hold back due to the pain. Striker grabbed a towel from the night stand and dried his face.

"I deserved that." He said.

"Next time you should try please." HitmanJ laughed.

"If everyone doesn't mind I'll be heading out." Cerberus said.

"Thanks Cerberus, catch ya later." HitmanJ waved.

"Such a nice android." Aphrodite smiled, "It's getting late. I should probably head home too. Busy day tomorrow at the training center."

She squeezed Amanda's hand and smiled, "I'll check on you in the morning."

"Thanks, could you let them know I might not be in." Amanda said.

"No problem." Aphrodite waved and nearly skipped out the door.

"Cute friend you've got there." Striker grinned.

"Uh hu." Amanda smiled, "I've come to think of her as my little sister."

"I have a sister." Striker smiled for a second then it drained away, "She drove me nuts."

"I'm sure you did the same to her." Amanda whispered.

"Where is she now?" HitmanJ asked.

"Back on Coral." Striker replied, "She should be arriving on Pioneer Three."

The nurse popped her head through the door.

"It's lights out now." She said and flipped the switch.

Amanda closed her eyes and fell right to sleep. HitmanJ stayed awake lost in thought until Striker started snoring. HitmanJ sighed and put some earplugs on. He fell into a restless nightmare filled sleep. Images of RTJ and monsters filled his mind. Amanda awoke to his muttering. She was still haunted by the creature that had injured her. Striker had stopped snoring and began tossing and muttering too. She rolled to her side which hurt for a moment then allowed her to sleep once more.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 15, 2016 at 10:05 PM.