Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Year Of The Wolf

i havent been on in a long time and dont feel like reading all this previous stuff...somebody just fill me in with the important news..anything would be appreciated..THANK YOU ALL

well the game is coming in Japan August 31st, so there will be new stuff to learn then.

The "expert class system" is THE last news. Look at the recents threads a lot talk about this.

On 2006-08-07 11:18, Lord_DS wrote:
    The "expert class system" is THE last news. Look at the recents threads a lot talk about this.
    It was referred to as "Expert Level" (of was it "Expert Type?"... still can't recall the exact words used in the interview) in the interview, and all that's currently known about it is that it will, in some way or another, allow you to have a secondary class when you progress to a certain point. Everything else, including how it will work, is entirely speculation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-07 16:27 ]</font>

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

On 2006-08-07 14:14, Kyuu wrote:
    It was referred to as "Expert Level" (of was it "Expert Type?"... still can't recall the exact words used in the interview) in the interview, and all that's currently known about it is that it will, in some way or another, allow you to have a secondary class when you progress to a certain point. Everything else, including how it will work, is entirely speculation.
    The entire thing is geek speculation if you ask me, it has been in NO way confirmed that you get to play 2 classes AT ONCE.

It could be that you can only MASTER two to switch between and a limited amount of a third as backup.

On 2006-08-07 17:15, -Shimarisu- wrote:

The entire thing is geek speculation if you ask me, it has been in NO way confirmed that you get to play 2 classes AT ONCE.

It could be that you can only MASTER two to switch between and a limited amount of a third as backup.
    I'll have to respectfully disagree there. If you read the interview in question, it's quite clear (to me, at least) that Miyoshi-san was in fact saying that you have the option, through the Expert Level, to have a secondary class in some form. In some form being the key words, since there was absolutely no explanation of how it would work.

On 2006-08-07 17:15, -Shimarisu- wrote:
    On 2006-08-07 14:14, Kyuu wrote:

from play magazine:
    One of the big updates to PSU over PSO is the changes made to classes. However, it now sounds like non-Force characters cannot use any techniques at all, even low level ones. Is that true? I think the Force class needed to be strengthened when it came to techniques, but as somebody who played a Hunter whose role was being the healer for my party, I'll be crushed if I can't use any techniques at all.
    We wanted to push the teamwork factor in the multiplayer mode, where players can work together in six-player squads by offering different skill-sets to the team to offset any deficiencies. Players will be able to select an Expert Type once they satisfy certain conditions through increasing Type Levels as they play the online mode. There are combined class types available in the Expert Type such as being both Hunter and Force classes.
    I donno, I found that to be pretty clear, but I guess I could be wrong.

I hope for one thing though. I hope that if you master 2 that they are at least slightly gimped versions of if you just master one. I mean it would be pretty lame if people could master 2 because there are ONLY 3 classes in the first place. Everyone is gonna be a HUFO or RAFO. I think a pure FO should be a better FO than a RAFO or FORA and a pure RA should be a better RA than a RAFO or FORA. This would at least bring some more variety to what people would be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-08-07 17:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-08-07 17:33 ]</font>

From the Play Magazine Interview:

Play Magazine: One of the big updates to PSU over PSO is the changes made to classes. However, it now sounds like non-Force characters cannot use any techniques at all, even low level ones. Is that true? I think the Force class needed to be strengthened when it came to techniques, but as somebody who played a Hunter whose role was being the healer for my party, I'll be crushed if I can't use any techniques at all.

Miyoshi-san: We wanted to push the teamwork factor in the multiplayer mode, where players can work together in six-player squads by offering different skill-sets to the team to offset any deficiencies. Players will be able to select an Expert Type once they satisfy certain conditions through increasing Type Levels as they play the online mode. There are combined class types available in the Expert Type such as being both Hunter and Force classes.
    Ah ha. Thank you, it's good to have the actual text from the interview posted on here. I took the liberty of changing up the format a little for what I think is a bit more clarity. And Expert Type! That's what it's called. Not Level or Class. Type.

You can also see from the bolded line where I get my inference that the combined class types are not the only way you can use the Expert Type.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-07 17:40 ]</font>

Me and my friends are new to online gaming and we were wondering if we all used the game on different platforms if we could still play together?

The 360 version is seperated from the ps2 and PC servers