Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK I don't know if my genesis is going to crap out or not but my local goodwill has 2 in for less than 10 bucks they also had 2 Playstation 1's and an Atari 2600 O_O.

Anyway so if my genesis craps out I will be forced to open the sucker with minimal knowledge of electronics and take a crack at her .

However I also went to my local GameCrazy to check out how far back you could special order stuff. I wanted to check for PS games, AV cables and a power base adapter. However, it has come to my attention that PS1 was never actually released in the US. It apparently was released in the UK so now my problem is if the Power Base os region specific or not O_o. I don't know how it works but does playing a UK copy of PS1 require a UK Power Base? Not only that but if it does, will the UK Power Base work with a US Genesis >_<

Damn you Phantasy Star! And damn your delicious cream filled, elusive center!

PS1 was released in the US (I have proof! I own it, myself) on the Sega Master System, but not on the Genesis. As far as the Genesis version of PS1 goes, only a couple thousand copies were made, and it was only in Japan.

Your best bet for PS1 is probably eBay. Also, I suggest that you'll probably have an easier time finding a Game Gear with an SMS adapter than a Power Base for your Genesis.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

O_o SMS? oh gawd I thought I knew all about video games.

That lying manager >_< i trusted him.

In all honesty, even easier yet, is probably to just get Phantasy Star Collection on the GBA for PS I through III, and play PSIV on Genesis. If playing on the GBA throws you off, you can always get a GBA player for your GameCube, and play on that.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

oh I have considered that but I have heard that there is a save glitch or something on the GBA version. Not only that, but I guess it is of a lower quality than the originals and no place is actually selling used copies right now.

If I am going to play phantasy star I want to play it right