I’ve read that a weapon’s PP recharges slowly on its own. Does a weapon’s PP recharge even when it’s unequipped? It would be cool if I could use one gun until it runs low on PP and then switch to another gun while waiting for the first one to recharge. On the Photon Arts Overview page on this site, it says “PP recharges at a slow rate while you have the weapon equipped”. That worries me. If weapons only recharge when equipped then I’m going to seriously reconsider being a ranger in PSU.

Is there a way to tell what settings the host has put on the party? For example, I’ve heard that the host can choose for rare items to be given to a random player when it drops or for it to drop on the ground like they did in PSO. I want to know if I can see this and other settings before choosing a game to join, or perhaps while I’m in the middle of a game so that I don’t have to ask the host. As a ranger, I got sick of always missing out on the good drops because I was always at a distance from the enemies, so I don’t want to play in games where the host has the rare items drop on the floor. I put over 1000 hours into my RAmar and his equipment STILL sucks, yet I have seen enough awesome drops that my RAmar would be ultimate if they weren’t always picked up by a hunter. I got far less than ¼ of the rare drops I’ve seen, and I don’t feel like getting screwed over again in PSU.

Is there a way to customize my character’s stats? In PSO you used mags to give your character a unique set of stats, but since there are no mags in PSU I’m curious as to how this is done in PSU. I want to use a Force eventually, but since they are physically weak and dying has a negative effect on my teammates’ job level experience, I want to make him more survivable by boosting his defensive stats somehow. Am I going to have to rely entirely on weak force-equippable armours for this?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

PP doesn't recharge if the weapon isn't equipped. I don't think this'll be too much of a problem though. At the beggining of each section of a mission there's a teleporter that you can activate and use to return to town/outpost, and from there you can restore all your PP to max. I carried two of the same rifles and I was able to get through 1-2 areas in the mission without having to go back and recharge, especially if I used my shotgun alot. Also, guns kept getting more and more PP based on their * level. And Youmei manufactured guns have even more PP. So when you get to a decent level, guns will have more than enough PP, IMO.

I'm pretty sure you can see the settings of a room before you join it, but I never really payed much attention to that. It wouldn't make sense not to show it anyways.

And the mags have been replaced by PMs, as you probably already know. There was nothing similar to them (something that boosts your stats) in the beta, and it doesn't seem likely that there will be a way to specialize in defense, except for maybe materials or the possibility of an expert class that focuses on defense and techs, but it's probably still too early to make a definitive statement about it seeing as we still know very little about the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mech259_ on 2006-08-27 18:28 ]</font>

My main character in the PSOs I've played were always RAcasts and I didn't miss out on rares much. Then again, I used rifles and a combination of melee weapons constantly so I kept close to the action.

yes, you can check the settings of a mission before you join and during it.

if you want a force w/ good defense, consider a FObeast.
    Quit PSO2

photon points won't be a problem as long as you carry some spare weapons.

but ya if they all run out you'll have to wait for one to recharge or use those photon point restoring items or those photon point cubes.

but ya at least blades do not use up photon points (unless you are using their Photon Art/skill), so you can still attack without photon points.