Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is strange. I noticed that the 'ghosts' are still in the final version.

but look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBuFRtJmvM

it looks like in populated areas, players themselves become 'solid metal/stone people' unless you get close to them then the game tries to load their actual model, clothes and colors.

does this happen often online?

does this graphical substitution also affect your party members when in the city/outposts, etc.? what do you think about it?
    Just wondering.

Dark. Mysterious. Blueberry Flavored

Probably has a lot to do with video settings as far as the PC version is concerned.

It happens, those "metal" people are placeholders until the game loads the player information.
    And yeah, ghosts are everywhere, are you scared?
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Its sort of like the shadows from PSO >_> Kinda. But not really.

On 2006-09-12 23:14, FOnewearl-Lina wrote:
    It happens, those "metal" people are placeholders until the game loads the player information.
    And yeah, ghosts are everywhere, are you scared?
    so like if you turn the camera away from a group of people and turn it back to view them, they reset as those metal ghosty things until the game renders them again?

thats strange. I guess that's better than invisible players that don't appear until they are loaded or something.

this might be confusing though. confusing a npc ghost for a player at times and vice versa.

No no, once the character models have loaded they'll stay that way, they wont just revert to default models if you look away. The only way they'll default is if you're not in a party together and you run off untill they're completely out of site in like... another area.

PSU Machinema Producer

Spooky, but chilled, hehehe...

this might be confusing though. confusing a npc ghost for a player at times and vice versa.
    Not really, they look completely different, and seeing as the ghost dissapear once you get close.....

You can turn the "npc ghosts" off anyway.

Well that and the whole "character name hovering over head" thing would probably make it hard to confuse a player with an NPC. But nothing surprises me anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-09-13 05:54 ]</font>

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

On 2006-09-13 05:28, ShadowNeo wrote:
    Not really, they look completely different, and seeing as the ghost dissapear once you get close.....

You can turn the "npc ghosts" off anyway.

there is an ACTUAL in-game option to turn the 'ghosts' off???

Well that and the whole "character name hovering over head" thing would probably make it hard to confuse a player with an NPC. But nothing surprises me anymore.
    wait but like this solid/metal/stone/ghosty effect never happens while in actual missions/right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-09-13 09:05 ]</font>