Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

You can jump between any of the (what, 12+ servers?) in World 1, for example and use any of your 4 characters created for that WORLD.

I don't think you can make 4 more characters. if like you only made 1 character in World 1, you can make up to 3 for WORLD 2.

That's what they seem to be saying. either that or you can have 4 in each of the Worlds.

and each world is made up of multiple servers anyway so it's not as constricted as say the FF11 Servers, where you need a world pass to switch servers and even then you have to make a new character.

so overall PSU worlds and servers systems looks to be pretty fair.

On 2006-09-12 15:17, Saner wrote:
    I don't think you can make 4 more characters. if like you only made 1 character in World 1, you can make up to 3 for WORLD 2.
    On 2006-09-12 13:57, uhawww wrote:
    Each account (unique SEGAlink ID and password) will be able to create up to 4 character per world (up to a total of
    Serious reading comprehension failure there.

Overall I think this is really bad news, one of the things I loved about PSO was that everyone played together, instead of being split between many servers ala games like FFXI or WoW. Hopefully they don't have to split up the English version like this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-09-12 15:22 ]</font>

No its 8 character. Look at the diagram. They have numbers on each character slot. Box(1), Box(2), Box(3), and Box (4) are all in the World1 part of the diagram, While there are 4 other boxes 5-8 in the world2 side of the diagram.

Too cute to live.

I think splitting the community apart is a terrible idea, but hey, they're the pros..

Everyone should feel at ease moving forward, as we are continuing to build a network environment in which everyone can participate.

That, however, makes it sound like it may only be a temporary solution.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dirty_Filthy on 2006-09-12 15:29 ]</font>

Overall I think this is really bad news, one of the things I loved about PSO was that everyone played together, instead of being split between many servers ala games like FFXI or WoW. Hopefully they don't have to split up the English version like this
    each world is made up of several servers players can jump between.

so there still is more freedom, it's just that you can't use your world 1 characters in the world 2 servers.

but considering world 1 already has like, what, 12 servers, that isn't such a loss.

And now we can make each gender of each class.

On 2006-09-12 15:26, Saner wrote:
    Hi, I havent played the game yet, but talk as if I am an expert on everything

Wow, that sounds poorly designed. Just redesign the network and reissue the game already, don't waste time with inconvenient fixes. >_>

How hard would it be to have Universe 51-100 in a different server centre from Universe 1-50, and just forward users to that IP when they want. Also have a different character server for so many accounts (say 20,000 each) that are not attached to the Universe servers. That would require a lot of reprogramming but what they're doing now would need quite a bit too.

I dunno, all the mmorpgs have this -shrugs- Don't see the big deal. Not like WoW. When I used to play it and I'd meet someone who played it I'd be 'praying' that we were on the same servers since there's so many of them. Here its not that much of a problem. Especially if you make 2 on one world and two on the other. You can have two with two diff classes in one and 1 with the class you're missing on the other that's what I would do anyways Anyways that's my two cents Also, I wouldn't doubt this being applied over here O_o
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

On 2006-09-12 15:41, SSNX wrote:
    Just redesign the network and reissue the game already
    Phantasy Star Universe, Q3 2007

Honestly, I don't see too much of a problem with this. The JP community is so freakin' big at the moment that a split may be good for it. Also, there hasn't been enough time for a solid community to really coalesce, so if there's gonna be independent servers, now is the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-12 16:00 ]</font>