Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Down for the Getdown

Taken from http://rpgfan.com/news/2006/1466.html

09.22.06 - 3:38 PM

Sega today confirmed through its official website the release of a PlayStation 2-based compilation containing Phantasy Star I, II, III and IV. The compilation will be released as part of Sega's Ages 2500 series sometime this winter.

They're including Phantasy Star III now? I should hope that's true; Phantasy Star III was an incredible game in desperate need of a makeover...

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Like I'm telling anyone my real info, hahaha!

Hmmm... that's good for people like me who didn't play those games, maybe a little insight into the games ;D

Lord of the Antedeluvians

Oh, hell yeah! We old school PS fans have been waiting for this for quite some time. If you've played PSO but none of the original RPGs, you're in for a treat. PSO wouldn't have existed without these games, after all...

Wait, they are actually making them all over, right? (Yeah, I know 1 & 2 have already been redone, I just get suspicious when I see III in there. I could've sworn Sega swept that one under the rug).

Bah. III (and Online III) were tangental, but still integral.

One introduced Androids and Worldships, the other told what became of the population of Pioneer II.

To sweep either one under the rug should be considered criminal, populist opinions about them aside.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2006-09-23 11:26 ]</font>

Meh. Wake me up again when a US release for PSO2 is announced, mmkay? Mmkay.

Sweetness
    http://princessash1ey.tumblr.com/ < My little gaming blog.

I heard there was a mix for the PSP too.

Hopefully they're actually going to remake them all, but from the way it looks it seems as though they're just releasing the originals in a 4-pack - which is pretty lame. Work on Phantasy Star I & II remakes is already done - and they could have easily completed the PSIV remake by now. However since bringing the Sega Ages series in-house, there's been quite a bit of changes to the lineup, release schedule, and the very nature of Sega Ages series in general.

Hopefully these are full remakes in the same vein as Generation I & II - otherwise it would be a rather pointless release considering that 3/4's of the titles are already being put on the Genesis Collection. It's smart of them to release a Phantasy Star colletion title on the post-eve of the release of a major new Phantasy Star title - as brand recognision will be fresh in the consumers mind. However if it's just a collection of the original games - then that's sorely dissapointing. Somehow, I feel it would have far less content than the Phantasy Star Collection for the Sega Saturn and end up being a PS2 version of the GBA collection. The fact that the offical website has the original PSIV title screen rather than a mock-up or teaser screen of a remake is disheartening.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

But a PS2 version of the GBA Collection would be missing IV. But yes, I get the point. No extras make for a duller porting.

Meh. Wake me up again when a US release for PSO2 is announced, mmkay? Mmkay.

Where da INS?

Sega is also releasing this. I only contains 2-4 though.

http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp....s=nav_pldwnlst

Can anyone catch the screwup in those pictures?